maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   think twicw about buying a dodge, jeep, chrysler (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113176)

zackman17 11-16-2008 12:42 PM

think twicw about buying a dodge, jeep, chrysler

:mad:ok so january i purchased a 07 jeep compasss. the first day i had it it started to randomly stall at idle. went to the dealership they flashed the system said it was fixed. 2 weeks later same thing i went back they said no codes were present they flashed it again. problem dissapeared for 2months in febuary the engine startet to vibrate and make more noise that it usually does so i went to the dealership. what did they do the flashed the system :rolleyes:. said it was fine i argued with them said they wernt going to do anything. so i drove to another dealership, on the way there the vehicle stalled at the lights i told them they took the jeep for 2 days replaced engine mounts and the alternator. this was at 40,000km so in march i started hearing a grinding noise when i would accelerate and sometimes the pedal would be dead! so gues what they did... yeah that's right the flashed the system what did that do...NOTHING. soo i just left it i did not have the time to deal with it july comes along and i have allot of play in the front end outer tierods are toast. so they were replaced at 50,000km late august grinding sounds gets really bad take it in argue with them for a week they changed the axel still noise i told them it was the transmission after hours of wasted time i convinced them to do the transmission. the tranny was done at 60,000km the day i took it home there was a knock in the front end i brought it back the mech said all cars are like that i said bs they wldnt do anything so it's been getting worse todayt i jack up the right side and sure enough my lower balljoint has a dangerous ammount of play. so back to the dealership to fight to get it fixed and im at 68,000km.. im out of warranty but i reported noise so they better fix it. lesson learned never buy a chrysler product the parts do NOT last.

betmen 11-16-2008 12:55 PM

Damn dude, really sorry to hear that...sounds like a ton of BS from the dealership. And i dont mean to be rude or insencative but...here is your problem, you bought a low end "suv"....to make it worst its a compass. You problem could have been solved by simple research.

coolhand 11-16-2008 01:21 PM

The Compas is probably the worst car they ever made, thats what happens when you don't research before you buy. The 300C got great reviews thats why I got it. And I love it.

zackman17 11-16-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolhand (Post 1226862)
The Compas is probably the worst car they ever made, thats what happens when you don't research before you buy. The 300C got great reviews thats why I got it. And I love it.

yeah i kno what you mean but i didnt have much say after i ****ed my oil pan my family had enough of the bs with the e30 so they bought me the compass i wanted a liberty but it was too late and the salesperson totally bs'd them about the car.

spoony_prelude 11-16-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackman17 (Post 1226871)
yeah i kno what you mean but i didnt have much say after i ****ed my oil pan my family had enough of the bs with the e30 so they bought me the compass i wanted a liberty but it was too late and the salesperson totally bs'd them about the car.

Next time buy your own car:idea:

zackman17 11-16-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoony_prelude (Post 1226875)
Next time buy your own car:idea:

yeah

BigD 11-16-2008 02:56 PM

In my experience with Chrysler cars is that it's a roll of the dice. My parents went through 2 neons, original and 2nd gen, in the span of 8 years, and the only problem we ever had was the 1st gen blinker stalk broke (wouldn't latch in the up position), that's IT. They ran perfectly, not a single problem. Yet on the books, both cars were THE most unreliable car Consumers Reports tested for their respective generations.

The American cars are definitely much more cheaply made and put together than the Japanese but that doesn't mean you can't get lucky and have one last.

coolhand 11-16-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1226887)
In my experience with Chrysler cars is that it's a roll of the dice. My parents went through 2 neons, original and 2nd gen, in the span of 8 years, and the only problem we ever had was the 1st gen blinker stalk broke (wouldn't latch in the up position), that's IT. They ran perfectly, not a single problem. Yet on the books, both cars were THE most unreliable car Consumers Reports tested for their respective generations.

The American cars are definitely much more cheaply made and put together than the Japanese but that doesn't mean you can't get lucky and have one last.

That's true in most cases but take the GMC Suberban vs. Nissan X-tera. Not to mention the other bs nissan is trying to send...

Domestic parts are chaper but they do have many reliable autos..

Jeep TJs are pretty good also the Caravan.

AceOfSpades 11-16-2008 03:14 PM

yes you're right, buy a bmw, they don't have a single problem

BigD 11-16-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolhand (Post 1226891)
That's true in most cases but take the GMC Suberban vs. Nissan X-tera. Not to mention the other bs nissan is trying to send...

I'm not sure what your point is. I know people with bulletproof Suburbans, and Xteras. I also know people with Suburbans who had to play the roulette every morning to see what was going to fail next (tcs, all kinds of sensors etc).

BMWs are no better really. The more electronic shit they try to stuff into these cars and not increase the prices, the worse they will get. MB learned their lesson the hard way. The 124 chassis was the last S class at the time to get the unlimited budget treatment - MB basically wrote the engineers a blank cheque, saying make us the best car possible, regardless of cost. Then for the next gen they tried to save money and the quality went to the shitter.

That's the problem the yanks have now. If you look at their more "unlimited" cars, the quality is great, both build and development. I rode around in a C6 Vette and test drove a Z06, and the car is built as well or better than any BMW I've been in (stitched leather dash and all). I like the feel of the new CTS inside. But the normal cars, you can still feel that they're trying to squeeze things out. I took the new Cobalt on Tremblant and the car is night and day compared to the old Cavalier but it's still not up to the level of the Japanese compacts. I can't put my finger on it but these cars have this tin can feeling, where you can tell that there's not a lot of material holding the car together...

zackman17 11-16-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolhand (Post 1226891)

my uncle has a 03 ram 1500 he takes care of it he doesent haul much he has had the rad replaced 3 times and it is still leaking. dodge vehicles are envious for problems and i forgot to mention my seatbelt keeps unlatching it doesent click in properly i will be driving. move my arm and it comes undone...WTF... and a cpl of times when i have my ac/heat on it sounds like a ****ing hairdryer...still has not been diagnosed.

BigD 11-16-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackman17 (Post 1226905)
i forgot to mention my seatbelt keeps unlatching it doesent click in properly i will be driving. move my arm and it comes undone...WTF...

Holy crap... that's scary!

zackman17 11-16-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1226907)
Holy crap... that's scary!

yeah i kno and the funny thing is chrysler had a problem with this before in previous generations where allot of people died it's been bugging me when i click it in i feel it click so i dont get how it is releasing the a cpl weeks ago the dick infront of me slammed on his brakes i had to slam on mine, causing me to jerk forwards thus my seatbelt came undone. so i have to argue with craig hind about all these things because i am out of my warranty period. i just find that stuff is going/failing wayy to prematurely. on the highway when i use my brakes i get heavy vibration i believe my rotors are warped earlier today when i brake a grinding noise is starting to develop in the rear i dont kno how it's possible for the rear brakse to wear before the fronts? it's just all ****ing bullshit

M3ti Compact 11-16-2008 03:59 PM

Chrysler is real hit or miss. Some cars are very good, but some are lemons

zackman17 11-16-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3ti Compact (Post 1226915)
Chrysler is real hit or miss. Some cars are very good, but some are lemons

i would agree they do have some nice cars but still after this i dont think i will ever buy a chrysler again just because it's too much bs to deal with. i also forgot to mention a few things. they have fixed a spring in the passengers seat, they fixed the track aswell. my headlight keeps shorting out and i have to go to get it reset and it works for a few weeks then shorts again. there is a burning smell, smells like electrical/plastic. and on that note the 37,000km i have put on it since january majority of those km have been highway back and forth from toronto to stkitts/niagarafalls. i bought the vehicle from willison dodge jeep chrysler on eglington. they are assholes and the service dept sucks hardcore. they put a dent in the rear by my gas tank i ****ing lost it on them they were like not our problem i went up to the dealer principle he was kind enough to give me a date that thier dent guy would be at the dealership so he cld fix it free of charge. btw the dent guy was awesome he drives a badass e36 anyone kno him he is a mobile pdr guy