maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Wrecking yards i GTA ? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112493)

piotrek636 10-30-2008 02:06 PM

Wrecking yards i GTA ?
 
Anyone knows any good wrecking yards in the GTA ?

BMe30 11-01-2008 10:52 AM

there is standard auto wreckers out east... i think near markham rd and steeles

but i would be interested to know of othersas well

e30blue 11-01-2008 07:36 PM

i've seen a bmw yard just down the street from standard auto wreckers...but when i went by it was closed.

had a bunch of e30's, a couple 2002's i think

anybody been there? feedback?

BMe30 11-01-2008 07:43 PM

along steeles? east or west of standard?

looks like i'm taking a road trip

elroy 11-01-2008 09:19 PM

standard is at steeles and swells. The other junk yard carries ONLY bmw's, and is further west on steeles just after the rail way tracks i believe.

piotrek636 11-02-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elory (Post 1221284)
standard is at steeles and swells. The other junk yard carries ONLY bmw's, and is further west on steeles just after the rail way tracks i believe.

cool I gotta check it out, I need some brushed trim pieces for my dash.

DR.ZED 11-02-2008 01:03 PM

There is a dude at 53xx or 52xx Steeles West about 1 km West of 400 on the south side. Used BMW parts. He is next door to the Ferrari/Masserati dealer.

I've used him a bunch of times. He has "everything" pulled out of cars in an industrial complex.

piotrek636 12-08-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR.ZED (Post 1221389)
There is a dude at 53xx or 52xx Steeles West about 1 km West of 400 on the south side. Used BMW parts. He is next door to the Ferrari/Masserati dealer.

I've used him a bunch of times. He has "everything" pulled out of cars in an industrial complex.

I went there last week, too bad he doesn't have much for newer BMW parts, lots of E30/E36/E39 stuff for sure, but not as much E46.

His pricing is a bit off the hook as well, he is asking $300 for 1 alloy e46 style44 wheel !

simplycars 12-08-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1236646)
I went there last week, too bad he doesn't have much for newer BMW parts, lots of E30/E36/E39 stuff for sure, but not as much E46.

His pricing is a bit off the hook as well, he is asking $300 for 1 alloy e46 style44 wheel !

yes and according to him e30 ix is the m3 *wave*

m60e30 12-08-2008 03:21 PM

that guy will spray paint a transmission and say "look how clean it is!"
sketch.

simplycars 12-08-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m60e30 (Post 1236654)
that guy will spray paint a transmission and say "look how clean it is!"
sketch.

good one - I heard that he lives there.
A friend of mine went to get something from him around 8am and he was just wearing underwear *wiggle*

Eurostyle 12-08-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1221346)
cool I gotta check it out, I need some brushed trim pieces for my dash.

Dont waste your time, E46's still dont make it to "junk yards", and if they do, most of the things are gone already...Only one that might have it will be Chuck's (if you want to pay his price!), or try ebay!

DR.ZED 12-08-2008 07:05 PM

There is Dom's in Courtice right off the 401. LARGE yard and fully computerized.

Did you know every major wreckers has a computerized database in which they can search each other's yard? Just call up and ask one of them "to put it on the wire" to see where your part is.

Eurostyle 12-08-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR.ZED (Post 1236749)
There is Dom's in Courtice right off the 401. LARGE yard and fully computerized.

Did you know every major wreckers has a computerized database in which they can search each other's yard? Just call up and ask one of them "to put it on the wire" to see where your part is.

Dont get me stated on those guys! Yes, they have a large yard, but thats about it...
I have more then one story about the service...But i dont even want to get into that...As for price, last time i checked they wanted $100 for a set of aftermarket E36 lights (on of them with a CRACK)...They go for $75 new on ebay!!! *thmbsdwn*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.