maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   supercharged e36 m3 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112049)

againstallodds 10-20-2008 06:00 PM

supercharged e36 m3

hey guys, my brother has an m3 he just bought that has an active autowerk supercharger kit running 8- 10 psi. its running too fat/rich and the back bumper gets covered in shit. how do i know if this kit came with software, how do i check etc etc.

also, the car is leaking every colour possible lol oil, and very small amounts of anti freeze. any ideas on where these leaks r coming from? i replaced the oil pan gasket and the leak stopped and came back 2 weeks later, it could be it again. i just want to know from the experienced ppl here with boost on what is common etc. YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!!!

thanks.

black bnr32 10-21-2008 12:41 AM

Try matching the dripping colors with the colors in the each of the reservoirs? aka power steering, engine oil, tranny, diff, brake, etc.

Hope he got a good deal as the car sounds a little hurtin'.

greekthang 10-21-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by againstallodds (Post 1215692)
hey guys, my brother has an m3 he just bought that has an active autowerk supercharger kit running 8- 10 psi. its running too fat/rich and the back bumper gets covered in shit. how do i know if this kit came with software, how do i check etc etc.

also, the car is leaking every colour possible lol oil, and very small amounts of anti freeze. any ideas on where these leaks r coming from? i replaced the oil pan gasket and the leak stopped and came back 2 weeks later, it could be it again. i just want to know from the experienced ppl here with boost on what is common etc. YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!!!

thanks.

How do you know if this kit came with software ??? Of coarse it came with software. Take out the DME take off the cover and you will see if there is an AA chip in it. What are your AFR reading thought out the RPM range. Theres no way to adivse you what to do until you give us numbers.

If your leaking coolant check to see where the coolant is coming from by popping the hood. Could be hoses, thermostat, waterpump.

Personally unless you know the person and there driving habits and how they maintain the car buying a forced induction car is a tricky game.

Hope this helps good luck

Trouble65 10-21-2008 03:24 PM

I had the same problem. It was a vaccume leak.

againstallodds 10-21-2008 05:34 PM

the coolant leak i cant tell where its coming from all i know is that it is dripping off my oil pan before my oil leak occured...as for the oil leak, oil is all over, hard to tell where the oil leak is coming from until i pressure wash the underneath of the car...i was just wondering..when a boosting an m3, is there any common leaks that will occur and if so from where? given what i am leaking (oil, anti-freeze). as for the AFR readings, pretty much anywhere between 12:0 to 13:9 from idle to redline, very rich. any more help would be greatly appreciated guys!!

againstallodds 10-21-2008 05:35 PM

Trouble65, what problem did u have that was a vacuum leak?

Trouble65 10-21-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by againstallodds (Post 1216321)
Trouble65, what problem did u have that was a vacuum leak?

There is so many and any one of those could cause a problem.

kevin325 10-22-2008 10:51 AM

why don't you just take it to a pro and have them look at it and tell you exactly whats wrong with it?

Blown M3 10-22-2008 04:53 PM

If my short term fuel trim is 17.4 for bank one and 23.5 for bank two dose that mean I have a vacume leak?

Blown M3 10-22-2008 05:08 PM

If my short term fuel trim is +17.4 for bank one and +23.5 for bank two dose that mean I have a vacume leak? I also have no low end torque below 4000 RPM. What is the problem? Can someone help me. Sorry but on the I forgot to mention that I am running 15 PSI of boost on my car with a Vortech V2 blower.

JMW 11-10-2008 08:12 PM

15 psi ^^ give some detail on this set up.

Jon@Bimmersport 11-11-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekthang (Post 1216164)
How do you know if this kit came with software ??? Of coarse it came with software. Take out the DME take off the cover and you will see if there is an AA chip in it. What are your AFR reading thought out the RPM range. Theres no way to adivse you what to do until you give us numbers.

If your leaking coolant check to see where the coolant is coming from by popping the hood. Could be hoses, thermostat, waterpump.

Personally unless you know the person and there driving habits and how they maintain the car buying a forced induction car is a tricky game.

Hope this helps good luck

What about spark plug gap? *shiner* (just playin big guy) - See you next week...let me know what day...so I wont be there. lol

To check if it has AA or any other tune like 'greekthang' said check the DME. If it is OBD2, you dont need to open it up since it is a software D/L so the tuner ususally slaps a sticker on the DME. If your car is OBD2, I think I know why your oil pan was leaking (and might still be). Anyways, give me a call and we can set something up to check it out. By the way, were you ever driving besides a yellow and also a black E36 on the 401 W few weeks back?

Also blown M3....what crank/blower pulley set up are you running? You must be spinning the blower pretty high to get that boost....like JMW said whats the details on your set up if you dont mind me asking.

Blown M3 11-12-2008 09:00 AM

Well I have sorted out some of the problems the car is runing a little bit better. but the LT fuel trims are now both at 11.7, Dumping in extra fuel for no reason and I have no low end torque. The set up I am running is a Vortech V2 which was upgraded to the SI trim from the s trim. The SI trim is capable of spinning at 55,000 RPM not 50,000 like the s trim. I am running a 6" crank pulley and a 3.125 blower pulley. It is only hitting 15 LBS at readline.

Jon@Bimmersport 11-14-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown M3 (Post 1225191)
Well I have sorted out some of the problems the car is runing a little bit better. but the LT fuel trims are now both at 11.7, Dumping in extra fuel for no reason and I have no low end torque. The set up I am running is a Vortech V2 which was upgraded to the SI trim from the s trim. The SI trim is capable of spinning at 55,000 RPM not 50,000 like the s trim. I am running a 6" crank pulley and a 3.125 blower pulley. It is only hitting 15 LBS at readline.

Interesting, is the set up your running a kit or custom? What tune...is there a scaler box or modified MAF wiring?

Blown M3 11-14-2008 11:31 PM

This is an RMS stage 2 kit Vortech V2 with aftercooler and the tunning is done by Karl at AA. M50 Manafold, 42 Lb injectors,2 1/2 exhaust with no cats or resonators, porchse HMF. The wiring for the MAF has been modifed.