maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Toyota Supra vs BMW M z3 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10839)

PBalla 02-05-2003 09:29 PM

Toyota Supra vs BMW M z3

http://www.supraforums.com/showthrea...threadid=95591

M z3, was he talking about M/// roadster? or has this z3 edition passed me by...or maybe M coupe was it?

Soldo 02-05-2003 10:59 PM

DAMN JAP guys, all they talk about with their cars is the 1/4 mile, some people need to STOP watchin FAST AND THE FURIOUS and relize that 1/4 mile was made for MUSCLE CARS not FWD economic JAP cars!!!
its not about who can drive in a STRAIGHT LINE the fastest either, i dunno WHAT that proves!!
its all about the car, AFTER the straght line, when the CORNERS kick in, then we'd see how BADLY that supra would get KILLED!!!

Soldo 02-05-2003 11:05 PM

ALSO, how in the WORLD is a M ROADSTER lighter than a COUPE!!
when CLEARLY more metal is required to stiffen up the chasis in a roadster, making the COUPE (WHICH HAS A ROOF) lighter!!
and hence FASTER!!

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 03:45 AM

1/4mile is fun...but road course is more fun

mkgino 02-07-2003 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by E46_lover
1/4mile is fun...but road course is more fun

Really? And how would you know, you havent done either :D

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mkgino
Really? And how would you know, you havent done either :D
i've done 1/4mile (rougly) not road course...both with auto...i just learned stick recently....

supra is 1/4mile beast, u can get 600hp on stock internals

Alezone 02-07-2003 06:15 PM

Supra 3,450lbs Twin Turbo.... :huh?: 320hp
M Coupe 2,989lbs Xsupercharged/Xturbocharged engine 315hp
do the calculation *th-up*

I like the Supra, but it's too Big and Heavy
I love the M Coupe, bcos it's Small and Light *th-up*

PS. It's about the build quality :idea:

tho i think the Supra is one of the best looking japanese cars, besides GTR and RX-7.

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alezone

tho i think the Supra is one of the best looking japanese cars, besides GTR and RX-7.

thats stock for stock....think about after modding it? supra has tonnes of potential..there are a lot in the US pushing way over 600hp...

tlaselva 02-07-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Supra's can be made, with minimum investment, into cars that'll destroy any car on the road in a straight line.

Minor upgrades, around 1000 Dollars and your at 400+ HP.
Sink 10 G's into a Supra TT 6 Speed, and your likely 600+ HP, with the stock block and internals.

It's too bad their so damn hard to find.

Alezone 02-07-2003 07:20 PM

Quote:

thats stock for stock....think about after modding it? supra has tonnes of potential..there are a lot in the US pushing way over 600hp...
That's Stock to Stock,
Potential? 600hp? go check out the Turbocharged M Coupe if u think the Supra is the only one have that output

The AA MCoupe run 3.9sec from 0-60mph as I could remember

Modding a car? all the cars can be modified to get good numbers. Afterall, Supra is rated lower, bcos speed is not everything.

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 07:23 PM

Quote:

That's Stock to Stock,
Potential? 600hp? go check out the Turbocharged M Coupe if u think the Supra is the only one have that output

The AA MCoupe run 3.9sec from 0-60mph as I could remember

Modding a car? all the cars can be modified to get good numbers. Afterall, Supra is rated lower, bcos speed is not everything.

supra IMO is good for one thing...show car, and 1/4mile car...i never seen an M coupe run 9sec...have you? i have videos n stuff of 9sec supras...they are so common in the US

Alezone 02-07-2003 07:36 PM

Quote:

supra IMO is good for one thing...show car, and 1/4mile car...i never seen an M coupe run 9sec...have you? i have videos n stuff of 9sec supras...they are so common in the US
Bcos German cars are not built for speed only, it's about overall performance, go to muscle car forum if u like to see 9sec cars. Why european cars are more expensive? it's about prestige and quality. Do u understand???????????

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 07:42 PM

tlaselva...your looking for a supra? if you wouldnt mind importing one from the US...theres tonnes out there...

alezone...i was only comparing the potential...i know (and ppl always argue about this with me) about the quality and cost, i dont come on here to talk down bmw's...but if i was working on a car for speed, i'd pick the supra over the m coupe..thats all.

tlaselva 02-07-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

tlaselva...your looking for a supra? if you wouldnt mind importing one from the US...theres tonnes out there...

Was looking at prices and availability.

In Canada, it's rare to find one stock, that hasn't been modified.

In the US, they're expensive. Most stock TT's run 40G US! :eek:

Jon@Bimmersport 02-07-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tlaselva
Was looking at prices and availability.

In Canada, it's rare to find one stock, that hasn't been modified.

In the US, they're expensive. Most stock TT's run 40G US! :eek:

are you serious? there was a stock TT owned by a 50yr old for sale in the summer, 36g!! keep an eye out this spring man..they sell in the summer a lot, but cost isnt reasonable...but hell..if i had the cash i'd buy it!