maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Weekly Hamilton Meets (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104803)

DANIMAL 04-29-2008 10:59 AM

Weekly Hamilton Meets

Hey guys, another winter has come and gone and it is time we meet at hutches on the beach in Hamilton(see map).

Note: Any Official Max cruises/meets will automatically supersede these Hamilton cruises/meets.(ie midnight cruise, etc.)

Time: Every Sunday @ 9pm - (edited)

Place: Hutches - 280 Van Wagners Beach Road,Hamilton,L8E 3L8

Directions:

From QEW Toronto bound:

Get off the QEW at Centennial Parkway exit, Keep to the right and take a left at the lights. Follow Van Wagners Parkway straight through the first set of lights(T intersection) and around to the turns in the road. On your right there will be Baranga's and then the next building would be Hutches. We will be parked in the first lot, on the right, after Hutches.

From the QEW Niagara bound:

Get off at Centennial Parkway, at the lights take a left and another left at the next set of lights (T intersection). Follow around to the turns in the road. On your right there will be Baranga's and then the next building would be Hutches. We will be parked in the first lot, on the right, after Hutches.

Maps:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/320iguy/Map1.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/320iguy/Map2.jpg

Unlike the La Paloma meets we do actually cruise, infact Dave has a pretty sick route with a ton of good streets in and around Hamilton/Stoney Creek/Burlington/Dundas/Ancaster/Grimsby. Now that is not to say we won't hang out and talk, because we will, just not all night, cruising on the twisties is a lot of fun too. We will usually be at Hutches till 9:45-10:00 and then go driving. Again anyone is more than welcome to come on out!

FuryriderX 04-29-2008 08:20 PM

excellent.

i've been leaving messages on dave's phone, but i guess he's been busy. i want to see his route!

hamilton maXers, unite!

98Dinan3 04-29-2008 08:57 PM

yeah, sorry about that Greg. Saturday night I fell asleep around 7:30pm. I guess staying @ the Woodbridge meet until 4am the night before, and building a fence all day, caught up with me... I ended up getting the message Sunday morning, but was kind of busy with all this "house buying" stuff the past couple of days. Anyway, the regular Saturday meets will be up and running shortly.

FuryriderX 04-29-2008 09:16 PM

dont worry about it - when i read the house thread i figured that that was what was goin on.

BimmerboyPH 05-11-2008 06:05 PM

Will there be a meet next sat night, may 17th??

98Dinan3 05-11-2008 06:48 PM

^^^ there should be...unless there's really bad weather or something. I'll post up if something changes...

Mikey83 05-11-2008 07:32 PM

I'll be down for a cruise when Im not out partying, which is what I do normally on my Sat. nights......

BenBMW 05-14-2008 12:35 PM

Maybe I'll start coming to these.

kamus 05-18-2008 04:51 AM

Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales:D .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm. And 30 Rd is a fabulous, if brief, string of long sweeping curves and esses.. Thanks Dave (i think it's Dave - sorry if not)

Mikey83 05-18-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamus (Post 1154189)
Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales:D .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm.

They are nice, I live on ridge road. I take fifty rd and McNeilly almost everyday *th-up*

98Dinan3 05-18-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamus (Post 1154189)
Was there a meet tonight? I couldn't make it.. but by midnight I was aching for a decent drive so I head out and hit the Snakes and Ladders route. Fine fine roads with excellent surfaces. That route reminds me of deepest Wales:D .McNeil and 50Rd are awesome climbs - I really put second gear to work round the two steep hairpins up McNeil, from 3 all the way thru 6000rpm. And 30 Rd is a fabulous, if brief, string of long sweeping curves and esses.. Thanks Dave (i think it's Dave - sorry if not)

yeah, we had a small meet. We left Hutch's around 10:30 and did a cruise around some Burlington/Dundas/Waterdown backroads. Stopped @ Tally Ho for a bite around midnight, and hung out for a bit after. We were actually going to do the snakes and ladders part last night as well, but it was late, and numbers were low. You should have come out... Dave

edit*** just reread your post, and saw that you said you couldn't make it earlier. If you're in ever in the area to cruise give me a call (905-981-5895) I'm usually up for some twisties...

kamus 05-20-2008 01:19 PM

thanks for the number. Will do.

98Dinan3 05-20-2008 03:48 PM

no problem bro... the phone is always on, call anytime. dave

kamus 05-20-2008 04:06 PM

Question to the guys that live in the area.. what are your thoughts on whether residents notice 'enthusiastic driving' going on. I noticed one or two houses actually on the slopes. Felt kinda bad about revving all the way up the hill in second at 1am.. Decided to limit myself to two goes per hill. I guess it's possible they don't even notice the odd car. But it's also possible that they feel constantly harrassed by bikers (and drivers) out for the only decent set of hills within hundreds of kms..

kamus 05-20-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey83 (Post 1154238)
They are nice, I live on ridge road. I take fifty rd and McNeilly almost everyday *th-up*

Oh yeah? I've never driven a 7. How's it feel on the hill-climbs?