maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where to buy ATE Super Blue brake fluid in toronto? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104563)

telegix 04-23-2008 02:33 PM

Where to buy ATE Super Blue brake fluid in toronto?
 
Anyone know where you can buy the ATE Super Blue brake fluid here in Toronto area? Online in the states it's between $10 and $15 bucks..

98Dinan3 04-23-2008 02:36 PM

Peninsula imports in Oakville (besides Budd's BMW) sells it in the blue and gold variations. It's where I've been getting it for while.

telegix 04-23-2008 02:41 PM

Remeber the cost?

Also, anyone here selling the motive products power bleeder? Motive said that http://www.wheelwax.ca/ was selling it.. However seemed expensive vs other places in the states..

mech9T8 04-24-2008 12:15 PM

Precision Tuning on Steeles and Keele

DriveItSideways 04-24-2008 12:28 PM

ATE Super Blue is expensive stuff, I can sell it to you for $25+tax (1L)

telegix 04-24-2008 04:36 PM

$25 bucks a pop.. Even though it's sold for $9.95 to $12 almost everywhere in the USA? Try this link:

http://www.google.com/products?q=ate...ucts&scoring=p

I guess I need to get it through the states then..

ACS_DAN 04-24-2008 04:41 PM

www.Racingking.ca

Site is run by Bruno, who's a member of this site.

98Dinan3 04-25-2008 01:18 AM

I think it was $20 @ Peninsula.

DriveItSideways 04-25-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegix (Post 1144111)
$25 bucks a pop.. Even though it's sold for $9.95 to $12 almost everywhere in the USA? Try this link:

http://www.google.com/products?q=ate...ucts&scoring=p

I guess I need to get it through the states then..

Stop whining and show me a store in CANADA thats willing to sell it under $20.

You expect to get an expensive product for cheap, you make me LOL.

ScotcH 04-25-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveItSideways (Post 1144315)
Stop whining and show me a store in CANADA thats willing to sell it under $20.

You expect to get an expensive product for cheap, you make me LOL.

TRAC racing in montreal is under $20

98Dinan3 04-25-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveItSideways (Post 1144315)
Stop whining and show me a store in CANADA thats willing to sell it under $20.

You expect to get an expensive product for cheap, you make me LOL.

expensive product??? getting it for cheap??? I too think it's overpriced at double the price they sell for in the US. The dollars are pretty close to par, but the price is doubled? Shipping and taxes/duties aren't that high. They certainly wouldn't double the price. It looks more like retailers are taking advantage of the fact that not too many people in Canada carry it, and are charging a premium on it. All in all, we're getting scammed, but there's not much we can do about it.

Anybody work in management for Canadian Tire? They're now selling Ate brake parts, maybe they can start carrying Super Blue at a reasonable price. Water wetter used to be like $20 at most performance stores, but now CT has started selling it for $12/bottle. Is that the same as getting an expensive product cheap, or an example of "performance" retailers sticking it up the enthusiast's ass???

DriveItSideways 04-25-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98Dinan3 (Post 1144394)
expensive product??? getting it for cheap??? I too think it's overpriced at double the price they sell for in the US.

So if thats what you think then go get it, then come back and share with us the final amount it costed to get to ur door step.

propr'one 04-25-2008 11:32 AM

^^some of us are lucky and live like 30 min away from the border.

But listen guys, you asked about a product, someone offered to hook you up at a reasonable price (25$ is definatly reasonable. I'm not saying you can't find it for less, i'm sure you can, but its definatly reasonable for premium brake fluid). So if you want it tomorrow, you know where to get it, if you want to save some bucks, you know how.

you guys dont wear cute enough underwear to get your panties in a bunch:D

98Dinan3 04-25-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveItSideways (Post 1144408)
So if thats what you think then go get it, then come back and share with us the final amount it costed to get to ur door step.

I get mine at Peninsula, thanks. *th-up* The only reason the price gets driven up is because of the extra fees associated with shipping/brokerage a single can/bottle.

Let's say it cost you $10 for the Super Blue, $2 in taxes, $10 shipping, and $10 brokerage . That would make the price about $32 total to get it to your door. Fairly close to the price being charged ($25) but still a little too high right?

Let's say there are 12 bottles in a case... that's $120 in fluid, maybe $20 in taxes, $25 shipping, $25 brokerage. Call it $200 to make it easy alright? That works out to a unit price of only $16.66 each to get it to your door.

I'm pretty sure retailers/shops aren't bringing them in by the single can... they're likely making appro $7-10 per bottle. That's a big markup on a $10 item.

Now before you say.. " Well, they have to make a profit don't they?" Do you think the people selling it for $10 in the uS are just giving it away without making any money? No, they're not...

DriveItSideways 04-25-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1144419)
^^some of us are lucky and live like 30 min away from the border.

But listen guys, you asked about a product, someone offered to hook you up at a reasonable price (25$ is definatly reasonable. I'm not saying you can't find it for less, i'm sure you can, but its definatly reasonable for premium brake fluid). So if you want it tomorrow, you know where to get it, if you want to save some bucks, you know how.

you guys dont wear cute enough underwear to get your panties in a bunch:D


gas money mang!

Listen guys the only reason im debating this is because I feel insulted when you say $25 is a rip and $20 is what im buying it for.

If your gonna sit on ur ass and cry about an expensive product costing too much money then the maybe being an automotive enthusiast is not the right thing for you.
You want premium then expect to pay for what you get.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.