maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels&Tires (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Protectant for wheels???? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103769)

BigDToronto 04-08-2008 06:22 PM

Protectant for wheels????
 
1 Attachment(s)
I've got a nice set of M5 Style 66 wheels for my chariot and I'm itchin' to get them on.

If I get them all nicely cleaned up (BMW Wheel Cleaner) is there a wax or polish that would protect them and help keep the brake dirt off? (or at least make it easier to wash the dirt off?)

Thanks Dan
bigdtoronto@hotmail.com

HoldenC 04-08-2008 10:59 PM

To protect wheels and shield them from brake dust, I use Klasse AIO. Don't waste money on Wheel Wax or anything like that. Just apply and remove like you would if it were your hood.

bimsport 04-09-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoldenC (Post 1135891)
To protect wheels and shield them from brake dust, I use Klasse AIO. Don't waste money on Wheel Wax or anything like that. Just apply and remove like you would if it were your hood.

where can I find the Klasse AIO in GTA? my silver rims turn to metallic gray a week after I wash them:(

terrence330 04-09-2008 12:57 AM

can i use normal wax?

///Maluco 04-09-2008 01:28 PM

You can use any wax you would normally use on your clearcoat.

Gamite 04-09-2008 07:42 PM

eshine.ca sells klasse. They're pretty quick shipping too. Better to use a synthetic than a carnuba wax, as it will last longer.

HoldenC 04-09-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrence330 (Post 1135995)
can i use normal wax?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///Maluco (Post 1136144)
You can use any wax you would normally use on your clearcoat.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamite (Post 1136305)
eshine.ca sells klasse. They're pretty quick shipping too. Better to use a synthetic than a carnuba wax, as it will last longer.

+1

I have to say that I am very impressed by the level of detailing knowledge expressed here. It actually makes me proud. *wave*

NateoriouS 04-09-2008 10:39 PM

is there anything i can just buy at crappy tire?

HoldenC 04-09-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTy E30 (Post 1136378)
is there anything i can just buy at crappy tire?

eshine.ca has great customer service and the best prices north of the border (and south of the border, too). You can't go wrong.

If you insist on crappy tire, Meguiars NXT can be had. It is half the quality of Klasse, however. If that, even.

NateoriouS 04-09-2008 10:59 PM

Klasse sounds good... so i can use it on my paint and rims right?

HoldenC 04-09-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTy E30 (Post 1136397)
Klasse sounds good... so i can use it on my paint and rims right?

Rims are usually painted so you may treat them the same as the rest of the vehicle.

Qube 04-10-2008 01:30 AM

Wax is good. Every other day cleaning is good too. Just grab a bottle of quick detailer or wax-as-you-dry type spray... give the wheels a spritz... then wipe em down. Win-win.

terrence330 04-10-2008 03:23 PM

I use harley davidson S100 wax to wax my cars normally..
I guess I will try that on my OZ rims

Paul540/m3 04-15-2008 10:21 AM

What if you have a polished lip? What can you use to protect it/make it easier to clean. i have been using the mothers metal polish to clean them once they get dirty but it takes a lot of elbow grease.

Whip_lash 04-17-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul540/m3 (Post 1139170)
What if you have a polished lip? What can you use to protect it/make it easier to clean. i have been using the mothers metal polish to clean them once they get dirty but it takes a lot of elbow grease.

I was about to ask the same thing. I've also got some dirt from the brakes that wont come off with a normal rim cleaner, what should i use to clean this off?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014