maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who's interested in a track school??? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103425)

EMPOWERD 04-02-2008 11:35 AM

Who's interested in a track school???

2 Attachment(s)
For those of you inquiring and interested in attending a great driving school for the 2008 season.. here is some information on one of the best local (1-day) schools around. They are all held at Mosport DDT (Driver Development Track) on the dates listed below. Each school includes 1-on-1 instructional guidance in your own private car from an experienced instructor sitting in the passenger seat during the on-track lapping. Classroom sessions help with driving theory and skidpad exercises are included to familiarize students with accident avoidance manoeuvres both wet & dry. Lunch is also included.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Dear Friends and Motoring Enthusiasts,

Just a friendly reminder that our first event of 2008 is only 2 weeks away!
Spots are available and the weather forecast is calling for a warm 12 degrees Celsius and sunny skies.

Here are the dates for our 2008 season:
1) Friday April 11th CANCELLED
2) Friday May 2nd
3) Tuesday July 1st
4) Friday August 1st

The HANSON International Advanced Driving School puts you on the track with experienced instructors who share your passion for a unique driving experience. Through our in-depth classroom and personal in-car instructions you will learn how to master the skills necessary to handle your car. For those of you that are experienced at these sorts of events, we do offer an advanced group with the provision for solo lapping.

During the day you will learn various driving techniques, vehicle dynamics, as well as discovering the limits of vehicle adhesion.
Although the setting is a race track, the HANSON International Advanced Driving School is not a racing school.

If you plan on registering, please email EMPOWERD randy.sparre@gmail.com for the attachments (listed below), complete all the forms and forward them to the HANSON International Advanced Driving School.

Attachments will include:
1) HANSON International Advanced Driving School Registration Form
2) Information Package
3) Drivers’ Release Waiver

Students are accepted on a first come first serve basis … space is limited.

COST: $250.00

For further information please contact us.

Sincerely,

Peter Hanson

c/o HANSON International Advanced Driving School
Tel: (416) 540-2995
Email: hanson_gtr@sympatico.ca

craz azn 04-02-2008 11:44 AM

Definitely gonna try to hit up one of these schools this year. Peter Hanson is an awesome driver.

DriveItSideways 04-02-2008 01:38 PM

...and DDT is the perfect track for training. I might come out for this one.

JunzieB 04-02-2008 05:30 PM

This might be a retarded question but when you say your own private car, this means my car???:confused:

Oyster 04-02-2008 05:32 PM

I would be interested if they supply the car!

Chris_Bangle 04-02-2008 05:36 PM

I have done 4 of their schools. They are well ran and have good instructors. Derek Hanson does the classroom stuff.

DriveItSideways 04-02-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunzieB (Post 1132804)
This might be a retarded question but when you say your own private car, this means my car???:confused:

Yes, this meas your own car.

Quack 04-02-2008 08:47 PM

you learn more in your own car, that's what your used to. No good if you learn the handling limits of an E46 M3, then jump into your 318i and expect it to react the same in an accident situation.

NateoriouS 04-02-2008 09:41 PM

nice... i've always wanted to do this...

pretty sure i'm down... wish there were sundays tho

fourcylsgood 04-03-2008 01:11 PM

EMPOWERD's mailbox is full?

punnzzells 04-03-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourcylsgood (Post 1133245)
EMPOWERD's mailbox is full?

and he's also an honours student from the punnzzells school of cockswallowgy! Boots is this year's class president! :D

nice post... maybe I can put the cabrio in this school...

yaaaa... shut up to all those people who know me.. I know the E30 M3 can handle it... but it's my baby! :D

EMPOWERD 04-03-2008 02:37 PM

^^ Mike, you should know better than to goof on me when I can easily edit your post. ;)

PM inbox is cleaned up. Sorry.

fourcylsgood 04-03-2008 03:54 PM

E-mail box, not PM box.

Quote:

randy@maxbimmer.com
mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded

EMPOWERD 04-03-2008 04:43 PM

strange.. ok, send it to:

randy.sparre@gmail.com

punnzzells 04-03-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMPOWERD (Post 1133296)
^^ Mike, you should know better than to goof on me when I can easily edit your post. ;)

hahahaha.. ya, but for the 3 people that saw the post... it's worth it! lol! :D

what dates are common, maybe we can make it a max only school?