maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Who else is sick of Ottawa winter? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103192)

chromius 03-28-2008 03:38 PM

Who else is sick of Ottawa winter?

Anybody else really getting anxious to get the summer tires on/car out of storage? I've set a date for next weekend April 5th to get my summers on rain or shine, I don't care if it still snows, get's cold or whatever. I can't take this anymore, I need summer!!!!:)

This will be the latest I have waited for as far back as I can remember for getting my summer tires on.*shiner*

Oh, and I'm putting my summer floor mats in this weekend in an attempt to tide me over for one more week of winter tires.:D

oldskool3 03-28-2008 03:48 PM

I tried to clear off my car for 1/2 and hour yesterday before going to school and didn't even get half way done. It is putting my suspension under crazy load.:mad: I am hopefully going to get it all cleared off this weekend and start slowly replacing the parts needed to get ot run properly for once. I can't wait till the roads get cleaned.

Manimillion 03-28-2008 05:10 PM

I put my summers on the day before yesterday... Summer car won't be coming out till they sweep the streets and we get a couple of nice showers to clean the roads.

chromius 03-28-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manimillion (Post 1130589)
Summer car won't be coming out till they sweep the streets and we get a couple of nice showers to clean the roads.

Man, at this rate that will be about July:D

Jesse, Any particular parts you need for the e30? I'm cleaning out all my stuff I don't need any more, and came across a bunch of e30 stuff. I've got a fuel rail, 325i injectors, oil cooler w/lines, ignition coil, spark plug wires and a few other things. Let me know.

Jamil20 03-28-2008 09:35 PM

Me!

I finally washed my car today. I was running a white car all winter.

bmdoubleya 03-28-2008 09:37 PM

I'm dying without bimmers. I was so stressed about not being able to drive one that I bought another. I now have a 86 euro 320i. It's got euro grilles,bumpers,old euro lights and the euro obc replacement clock.*th-up*

Nice 4 door 5 speed in really good shape that I'll be selling as a running rolling car minus the above parts.

carjoe 03-29-2008 08:01 AM

I'm fed up. I might pull the car out to wash it. That should hold me over for a bit but like Mani, the car won't be out until I see a street sweeper.

everlast 03-30-2008 11:45 AM

Nice find on that euro Dave.. Now get an 87is, put all the euro stuff on it and sell it to me. I want something I'll never have to etest again. ;)

I have more repairs to do on my wife's motorcycle, then fab an undertail out of aluminum, and source new mirrors for my bike. But like you guys, I won't be riding them until both the snow is gone from the yard and the roads have been rinsed.

chromius 03-30-2008 11:55 AM

you guys scare too easily... A little dried salt never hurt anyone:P

It's such a nice day today...I'm heading up to Calabogie:)

Jamil20 03-30-2008 12:53 PM

I was ready to put on my summers yesterday, but I figured hard compound + -9C weather don't mix.

chromius 03-30-2008 12:57 PM

^^Yeah I had the same thoughts, that's why I picked next weekend, because the long term forecast shows double digit temps by then.

ecuconnection 03-30-2008 01:22 PM

going for a new set or rims and tires this summer ... incase anybody on here is intrested http://www.forums.ottawabmw.ca/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72

everlast 03-30-2008 02:07 PM

Easy to say when you have four wheels. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromius (Post 1131178)
you guys scare too easily... A little dried salt never hurt anyone:P

It's such a nice day today...I'm heading up to Calabogie:)

oldskool3 03-30-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmdoubleya (Post 1130683)
I'm dying without bimmers. I was so stressed about not being able to drive one that I bought another. I now have a 86 euro 320i. It's got euro grilles,bumpers,old euro lights and the euro obc replacement clock.*th-up*

Nice 4 door 5 speed in really good shape that I'll be selling as a running rolling car minus the above parts.

Did you pick it up from the guy in osgoode? I was wondering if it had euro goodies or not. Good score for sure.

Adam I just need the intake elbow for the air filter housing and some new gaskets for my injectors. I am pretty sure thats all I need for now but ill let you know if I think of something else

ecuconnection 03-30-2008 04:13 PM

hey dave good find good luck!