maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Non-BMW Related (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Cohiba Panetelas (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101746)

Tommy Boy 02-26-2008 11:37 AM

Cohiba Panetelas

anyone interested? 1 sealed box of 25. authentic box, tags, seals, labels, cigars. I smoked and given away almost all of my other box, every one likes them/agrees they are real (i would keep them but i smoke them 2 much and inhale too much). Not trying to make a lot of profit on them.

125 dollars in cuba/over 350 dollars here in canada.

Selling for 200 dollars firm.

///Milan 02-26-2008 02:04 PM

Pics?

2K6E60 02-26-2008 10:41 PM

where did you purchase them?

pics of the seal and the box please.

Tommy Boy 02-27-2008 12:47 PM

I purchased them in Holguin, Cuba. At a cigar shop off the property of the resort.

times like these i wish i had a digi cam lol, will get pics up soon

Tommy Boy 02-29-2008 12:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures.....

Tommy Boy 03-03-2008 11:48 AM

bump, cigars still available....

bscarlett 03-04-2008 04:18 PM

There seems to be an increase of cigars for sale around here, and these are without a doubt fake. These are an old style of box and these is no date code stamped on the bottom of the box. The stamp on both the bottom and top of the box are key indicators as well the stamp looks very faded. A good test is to put all the cigars in the box, they should be the exact same colour and length. I can't tell the length from the pics but the shades of wrapper are different.

Tommy Boy 03-04-2008 07:28 PM

ohhh Mr.Cigar expert here eh?

Do you travel to cuba every month ? how about every year? Does the COHIBA cigar company call you up and tell you any changes they may make to there boxes or cigars or anything about wat they sell? thought so......... ****in wanker.... if your not a cigar expert by profession, then STFU

bscarlett 03-04-2008 07:53 PM

Well I do consider myself an expert. I travel with Havana House and Canada's biggest retailers to the Habanos festival. I have been to the past 8 Habanos festivals and this is the 10th year the festival has been held. If you would like to see some of the 800 photos I have taken at this year's festival, please let me know as they document the history of the brands and the changes to the banding, like when Cohiba changed from 2 lines of squares above the name on the band to 3 lines for a new total of 5 lines from the previous 4 in June of 2003. That was learned from my private tour of El Laguito, the exclusive Cohiba factory where the public is not allowed unlike the Partagas factory. Yeah, I think I am an expert and I know enough not to get scammed!!!!

Tommy Boy 03-04-2008 08:09 PM

Ok, so why is mine fake then, i have the 5 lines on the labels (3 ontop of the label), the lengths are all the same, it has all labels on the box , the stamps (2 on back)..... the colour of the cigars are all similiar.... who are you to say they are fake? its usefull to give advice about how to tell if cigars are real, but you may be wrong and ruining any chance of sale...

bscarlett 03-04-2008 09:24 PM

If they used an old style band, that would be a dead give away. Finding a 5 year old box of Cohiba's is like gold. I would expect the banding to be current style. The box is not current. Also, was did the government reciept look like and what information did they record on it? I would not say the shade of the cigar is similiar, the 3rd from the left in the second picture is darker. Rollers in the factory sort 26 different shades of wrapper. They should all be exactly the same in a box.

I'm sorry you have taken offense and that you feel you got ripped off. Lots of people do when they buys cigars in Cuba with the exception of a goverment store. When walking in old Havana I get asked 20-30 times a day if I want to buy cigars that are from the factory. They may even be from the factory but they would be rolled by student rollers who are not using export grade tobacco.

In short, I love cigars and hate to see people get ripped off. I honesty think you did get ripped off and I would like to educate people so you and the other 225 people who have viewed this thread don't get ripped off again. If you come to the Max meets in the summer, I will gladly give you a couple of Partagas Serieis P's to enjoy!

Tommy Boy 03-04-2008 09:38 PM

yea, i suppose your just doing your civic duty informing ppl... where is the best place to store cigars??? basement?

bscarlett 03-04-2008 09:40 PM

The only place to store them is in a proper spanish cedar humidor below 22 degrees and at 69-72% humidity.

Tommy Boy 03-04-2008 09:44 PM

if you dont have one of those humidor's, is a basement the next best choice>?

bscarlett 03-04-2008 09:53 PM

Not really, the humidity can not be controlled effectivly. They will either dry out or go moldy. You can buy a cheap humidor for $100. Do yourself a favour, buy one. The next time you go to Cuba, buy 2 boxes of Cohiba Siglo VI, the best selling cigar in the world. You keep one box for yourself and sell the second complete with government receipt. They retail for 1387.25 CDN. You get even sell them for $1000 and make agood profit. That will cover the cost of a top grade humidor and pay for the other box. Now how have a way of getting a $1300 box of cigars for free!!!!