maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Weekly night meets - SilverCity (OAKVILLE)?? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100862)

///MG 02-04-2008 12:19 AM

Weekly night meets - SilverCity (OAKVILLE)??

1 Attachment(s)
Place: Tim Horton's Parking Lot, on Dundas and 403, across the street from SilverCity - Famous Players

Time/Agenda: The parking lot gets crowded around 9-10pm and stays busy well past midnight. There's plenty of space to park your car, meet and greet. There's usually a lot of different cars there, ranging from Jap imports to exotics, but definatelly not enough Bimmers, so come down.

Points of Interest:

0.5 km range: Across from Tim Hortons is SilverCity Oakville, Jack Astors, Montanas, St. Louis' and Outback Steakhouse, JJQs (pool hall) and Fox 'n' Fiddle and a drive-in movie theater (2 movies, $10).

1.5 km range: down the road there's an AMC complex with Boston Pizza, East Side Marios (appetizers 1/2 price), Dimietres, My Apartment Oakville (club) and Dirty Martinis (club).

See you all there!

98Dinan3 02-04-2008 10:10 AM

If I'm getting on the highway anyway, what's 15-20 more mins to get to the regular meet in Woodbridge? It's worth the drive, especially when the weather is good and more people show up. I see a thread failure in the near future, ...But that's just my two cents. There has been talk of moving the original Woodbridge meet spot to something more central, but I haven't heard anything else come of it. It'll likely stay the way it is.

Quack 02-04-2008 12:01 PM

I think the Woodbridge location is central enough, I drive 30-40mins just to get there coming from the eastend.

///MG 02-04-2008 12:59 PM

There was some interest in this location from everyone in the west end. I know that I would never make it to Woodbridge on time becuase of work and whatnot... You're both right, it's a 15-20 minute drive to get to Woodbridge from the proposed Oakville location but for some people, that's a big difference.

T.Dot_E30 02-04-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///MG (Post 1107182)
There was some interest in this location from everyone in the west end. I know that I would never make it to Woodbridge on time becuase of work and whatnot... You're both right, it's a 15-20 minute drive to get to Woodbridge from the proposed Oakville location but for some people, that's a big difference.

For your smaller little meetings its alright.

But during the summer, that 15-20 min drive is worth it.

Being on time?? No one is ever on time, some people don't show up until after mid-nights. The only time you need to be on time is when there is a cuise happening. or some other event.

I see you getting a few local people to show up....but no one outside of the suaga/oakville area, and it'll never replace the bigger meets during the summer.

EMPOWERD 02-04-2008 01:44 PM

The TimHorton's lot in Oakville is better known as "Ricer Tim's" by anyone into cars that lives in 'Sauga.. lots of action there in the summer (everyday). I propose that you change the date to Saturday nights for Oakville meet. The drive to Whopbridge from 'Sauga is 15mins on Friday nights (even in a smart car). The Friday meets (for the past 3 years) usually start around 11pm and last (consistantly) until 3am. Many people show up around 2am after a night-on-the-town, so you being "late" because of work is kinda rediculous. I appreciate the effort for organizing a meet in the West end, but why conflict it on the SAME NIGHT as our offical GTA meet, especially if it's only 20km's away? I understand if we're talking about Niagara Falls/Kingston/London etc..

Hell, another suggestion is have a mini-Oakville meet until midnight.. then "cruise" on up to Whopbridge. Gives you a chance to actually drive the cars we usually talk about all night long.

Merski 02-04-2008 03:16 PM

Im intersted in the Oakvilla loaction... im from mississauga so driving to woodbridge is a bit of a mission for me, i have some none max friends with bmw that would be interested in meeting up in oakville.

Sa///M3 02-04-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMPOWERD (Post 1107203)
I propose that you change the date to Saturday nights for Oakville meet. The drive to Whopbridge from 'Sauga is 15mins on Friday nights (even in a smart car). The Friday meets (the past 3 years) usually start around 11pm and last (consistantly) until 3am. Many people show up around 2am after a night-on-the-town, so you being "late" because of work is kinda rediculous. I appreciate the effort for organizing a meet in the West end, but why conflict it on the SAME NIGHT as our offical GTA meet, especially if it's only 20km's away? I understand if we're talking about Niagara Falls/Kingston/London etc..

Hell, another suggestion is have a mini-Oakville meet until midnight.. then "cruise" on up to Whopbridge. Gives you a chance to actually drive the cars we usually talk about all night long.

I agree.

EMPOWERD 02-04-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merski (Post 1107249)
Im intersted in the Oakvilla loaction... im from mississauga so driving to woodbridge is a bit of a mission for me, i have some none max friends with bmw that would be interested in meeting up in oakville.

Driving from Mississauga to Woodbridge is a "mission" for some people? How is that exactly? Please elaborate, i'm dying to find out.

Quack 02-04-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merski (Post 1107249)

I drive from the North York/East York area to Woodbridge & I don't think that's far, you are already in the westend, all you have to do is drive north. some members drive from Ajax/Pickering area to the meets.

Merski 02-04-2008 05:31 PM

Ya i guess you made a point. But i would like to see something maybe organized in that region?? like you said ...
*th-up*

98Dinan3 02-04-2008 05:47 PM

I cruise from Hamilton to the Friday meets, and it takes me about 35-40 mins. I also organize cruises around Hamilton-Burlington area on Saturday nights. We meet down at the beach, and cruise a few routes I have set up. Anyway, once the nice weather hits, there are plenty of events in which to partake.

Mystikal 02-05-2008 12:08 AM

Unfortunately, we can't sticky a thread for a Friday night meet which would directly compete with the existing official arrangement. If you want to change it to another night we can support the request.

Jay

///MG 02-05-2008 01:07 AM

Great input guys. I really like the idea of getting some west-end people and heading down in a convoy to the woodbrige meet on friday nights.

I'll switch the suggested mini-meet at "ricer tim's" to saturdays for anyone interested in meeting up...

E36is 02-05-2008 08:06 AM

id be interested in going to the oakville meets.. friday or saturday.