maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Snowboard Season coming sooooooon! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146650)

Blades 10-09-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormier (Post 1585225)
I've got a while until I'll be a father but I'd imagine being excited about that :) like the new, cooler tobogganing lol

im hoping to just bypass that stag and go for the snowboard. Have you seen the little kids at blue on snowboards? its hilarious and they learn so quick.

cormier 10-09-2012 03:46 PM

Oh for sure I keep wondering how crazy I could be if I got into a lot more stuff when I was younger... Adults take 20x the time to learn and complain all the while :p

cormier 10-11-2012 08:43 PM

Success. Picked up a 2013 Never Summer Proto CT for 70$ off. Really excited now :)

Dysantic 10-11-2012 09:45 PM

Nice. What was the selection like? They have some newer stuff or is it all last years stuff like usual? I've been looking at some boards the last few days and am really feeling the Burton's this yeah. Possibly the Custom X or Custom Flying V. The Sherlock is also very interesting to me... So many choices, so little money!

cormier 10-11-2012 10:15 PM

Lol loads of new stuff, not as discounted as older stuff. Tons of burton to be had old or new (or used)

HavocSteve 10-12-2012 09:25 AM

I tried snowboarding coming from a skateboarding background. You can't compare the two. Skateboarding was so much easier then snowboarding. I came home more broke that one day then I did after I got seriously good over my skateboarding career. I could ski the crap out of a mountain side though. I was told you have to clench your ass checks like your holding a penny in there to get stability. That crap didn't work one bit =\ I wiped out so many times on Kirby's small hill, I vouched to myself to never try snowboarding again.

Dysantic 10-12-2012 09:28 AM

That happens to everyone the first few days, no matter your background. It is all about your drive to get better. Some of the best snowboarders I know can't skateboard worth shit. It's two completely different things. Either way, I'd suggest giving it another try. It's a hell of alot of fun once you get your balance under you. It also helps if you have someone learning with you or at least teaching you.

cormier 10-12-2012 09:51 AM

For sure. Take a lesson and especially -- get off the bunny hill! I did so much better after growing a pair and getting onto a regular length green run, more speed to get more stable

Jim .E. 10-12-2012 10:09 AM

Bunny hills and beginner hills like Happy Valley (a.k.a. Death Valley) are suicide. You need to start on a blue hill.

I was black and blue the first season I was boarding. Takes time and confidence.

Zook@SCB 10-12-2012 10:16 AM

Anyone have links to Coupons for the Ski & Snowboard Show this weekend?

HavocSteve 10-12-2012 11:57 AM

I dunno, I'm going to be doing some cross-fit/kettlebell training over the winter. I need to be in better health if I ever want to attempt snowboarding once again. I would break something for sure now.

BMe30 10-12-2012 12:43 PM

I skateboarded for years before i got on a snowboard.. I found the transition pretty smooth.. No its not the same but i found with regards to balance and body position its the same..

Waterfall at blue is one of my favs.. There is another by the line of central/north thats really wide but you can catch little kickers by the poles in the center if the run

Bliss 10-12-2012 04:49 PM

Just picked up a new ride machete. Off with the wakeboard and in with the snowboard! The transition is always a nice change.

cormier 10-13-2012 11:05 AM

Wow the machete looks nice dude! Ie never gone wake boarding gotta try sometime

E39M5 10-15-2012 11:40 AM

By far the best way to learn is to take a lesson. Trying to get advice from friends will never work. Besides, they arent trained on how to properly teach someone, and they could just be showing you how to ride with their bad habits!