maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Club of Canada (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   2012 Trillium Chapter Autoslalom (Schedule, Results, Pics..) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149250)

T.Dot_E30 05-04-2012 05:27 PM

Brain fart, my bad for the life of me I couldn't find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1564226)
Really? If you're on the home page (http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/), on the right hand side there is an "Event Registration" bar

If you click on May 2012 AutoSlalom it takes you right to the page. Just follow the instructions posted there.


E30M42cab 05-04-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1564061)
You did, that pic is also in my build thread. I'm not going to be running the R888s though, that would bump me into a different class wouldn't it?

I'm not sure. Bring them anyways at least. R-comps are only 2 points... got room on your mod list for 2 points? I'm going to be running my RA1's, so I guess I'll just have to beat you outright, and with PAX.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1564120)
Is there a deadline to register? Like can i register Saturday night?

This is my birthday weekend, and i'm not sure ill be able to make it. I need to finish a few things on my car, and get my star specs mounted on rims. Otherwise the 20th might be my first event.

Hey, it's my bday on saturday too, but I'll be there!*par-t* No excuses! There is no deadline... if you can make it, pay there, or register now, and we can forward your payment to the 20th if you can't make it.

dble Trouble 05-04-2012 11:38 PM

No excuses, birthdays, partying, blah! Be there! LOL.

richie_s999 05-07-2012 10:47 AM

WOW, what a great first event to kick off the 2012 season!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather was great, cars were amazing and the day was just perfect.

Had a great day meeting alot of new competitors and checking out some amazing cars, I have to get a better camera and start taking photo's because there was some wicked wicked cars out.

Big thank you to all working in the timing tent this Sunday, it was amazing to have all those cars put through their runs in just over 5 hours, you guys kept me busy making sure cars were staged and ready to go. Also a big thanks to all competitors for marshaling during the event, great work everyone!!!!

Also big thanks to Randy for all his work leading up to this event in the off season!

Looking forward to seeing everyone for the next event on May 20th at the DDT at Mosport!!!!!

Even if your not racing everyone has to come check this one out!!!!!!!!!!

m_guimont323 05-07-2012 04:07 PM

I have to agree !

Fantastic first event guys, very well organized, great weather, friendly people. All in all an awesome day. Look forward to the DDT event !

Bullet Ride 05-07-2012 07:56 PM

I'd like to see some pics from the professional photographers that were there. Hopefully they post some up in the next few days.

dble Trouble 05-07-2012 08:05 PM

As I mentioned in the drivers meeting their photography is proprietary to them. If you want a shot you've got to $ up for it.

Bullet Ride 05-07-2012 11:32 PM

That doesn't mean they can't post some low-res, watermarked shots. In fact that's what they should do to give us a feel for the quality of the shots they got. Or at least post a link to their own website where we can peruse the thumbnails and order shots.

richie_s999 05-07-2012 11:42 PM

I'm more waiting to see Mike's video he's working on, the one he did a couple years ago was wicked!!!

jabela 05-08-2012 01:13 PM

Posted some of my gopro videos in the photo thread.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...3&postcount=21
The camera got wacked by a tall cone in one of them.

jabela 05-10-2012 06:44 PM

Any chance we can petition the powerade center to repave their parking lot? We and other clubs are paying a lot to use it.
The surface is terrible, with lots of dips. Not to mention that some parts of it are literally turning to rubble. I had to clear quite a lot of large chucks of asphalt when I was marshaling.

richie_s999 05-11-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabela (Post 1565323)
Any chance we can petition the powerade center to repave their parking lot? We and other clubs are paying a lot to use it.
The surface is terrible, with lots of dips. Not to mention that some parts of it are literally turning to rubble. I had to clear quite a lot of large chucks of asphalt when I was marshaling.

there are not many places that will let us use the lots for racing, i don't think you'll see a repave this year

T.Dot_E30 05-11-2012 08:55 AM

Pretty sure they will blame the cars as the cause for tearing up the lot...

I've always wondered if GM in Oshawa would let us use their lot. It's huge, Camero car club used it last year for this:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7287/gmoshawa.jpg

Bullet Ride 05-11-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1565422)
Pretty sure they will blame the cars as the cause for tearing up the lot...

I've always wondered if GM in Oshawa would let us use their lot. It's huge.

When I was talking to Dave a couple years ago at one of our sweet KW meets where only me and Dave showed up :rolleyes: I mentioned the lot @ Toyota Cambridge for the same reason. Dave tried calling them to see if we could use it but didn't get too far. Maybe if someone from the club were to call, we could sell the idea that it will help build a positive image for the company because they are promoting people to take it to the track rather than the street and that this type of event helps people gain a better understanding of the dynamics of their car which in turn makes them safer drivers.

It's worth a shot...

T.Dot_E30 05-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1565428)
When I was talking to Dave a couple years ago at one of our sweet KW meets where only me and Dave showed up :rolleyes: I mentioned the lot @ Toyota Cambridge for the same reason. Dave tried calling them to see if we could use it but didn't get too far. Maybe if someone from the club were to call, we could sell the idea that it will help build a positive image for the company because they are promoting people to take it to the track rather than the street and that this type of event helps people gain a better understanding of the dynamics of their car which in turn makes them safer drivers.

It's worth a shot...


Yea definately, I think somone from the Camaro club would stand a better chance with GM....

Not sure if we'd get far mentioning we are from a BMW Club.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018