maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Club of Canada (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   2012 Trillium Chapter Autoslalom (Schedule, Results, Pics..) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149250)

DItalianJob 07-16-2012 08:53 PM

A well prepped JCW rocks... *wave*

for the next event... I'm going to bring my stock 1994 Acura Integra Type R
We will see how it does in DS.

Hope your coming Gilles...

craz azn 07-16-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DItalianJob (Post 1575092)
A well prepped JCW rocks... *wave*

for the next event... I'm going to bring my stock 1994 Acura Integra Type R
We will see how it does in DS.

Hope your coming Gilles...

LOL! How many cars do you have?!! :D

Bullet Ride 07-16-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DItalianJob (Post 1575092)
A well prepped JCW rocks... *wave*

It does, but the way we were PAX'ed last year I had a much better chance at competing with you, this year, not so much ... and after my engine swap I'm not even going to look at the results lol.

jabela 07-17-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1575007)
Edit: Nevermind. I spent some time looking through the 2012 SCCA Solo rules and some of the changes between last year and this year, the JCW mini is indeed STX (which sucks because my car currently falls within the same class but definitely can't keep up to) and the PAX in the DS class was bumped up a bit between last year and this year sorry Jon lol.

I know.... what's even worse is that I don't have a 330... I have a 325 :(
It should really be in a lower class. Hard to believe 187hp car is in the same class with 187hp as a 335is with 332hp.
Oh well, that's how it goes though. Maybe I should get a BRZ? :)

L8 Apexr 07-20-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabela (Post 1575257)
I know.... what's even worse is that I don't have a 330... I have a 325 :(
It should really be in a lower class. Hard to believe 187hp car is in the same class with 187hp as a 335is with 332hp.
Oh well, that's how it goes though. Maybe I should get a BRZ? :)

You should know that autox has almost nothing to do with power untill your well into the mod classes,overall weight,suspension design and probably the most important consideration is wheelbase(also front and rear overhangs).The mini is short with nearly no overhangs,the 335is not so much.

jabela 07-20-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8 Apexr (Post 1575656)
You should know that autox has almost nothing to do with power untill your well into the mod classes,overall weight,suspension design and probably the most important consideration is wheelbase(also front and rear overhangs).The mini is short with nearly no overhangs,the 335is not so much.

Oh yea, I know. I would much rather lose weight off my car than gain power. But it would be nice to be able to power oversteer to get around some tight corners (an LSD would be nice too!). Best I can do is reduce rear tire pressure to loosen it up, but then it gets really loose on faster corners/slaloms.

L8 Apexr 07-20-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabela (Post 1575658)
Oh yea, I know. I would much rather lose weight off my car than gain power. But it would be nice to be able to power oversteer to get around some tight corners (an LSD would be nice too!). Best I can do is reduce rear tire pressure to loosen it up, but then it gets really loose on faster corners/slaloms.

Haha,yeah the inherent problem with really forward biased weight-great in the snow however.:)

Bullet Ride 07-22-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8 Apexr (Post 1575661)
Haha,yeah the inherent problem with really forward biased weight-great in the snow however.:)

So are you going to bring your A-Mod to the next event to advertise it?

L8 Apexr 07-22-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1575823)
So are you going to bring your A-Mod to the next event to advertise it?

Yep I was going to attend with a for sale sign stuck on one of the wings,I have what sounds like a serious buyer coming to look at it on tuesday.If I don't own it after that I guess I can't bring it however.:)

L8 Apexr 07-28-2012 07:25 PM

The potencial buyer is a flake,I'll see you guys in the morning.:)

richie_s999 07-28-2012 08:50 PM

Wont be able to make it tomorrow, will see u guys at bimmercruise for the DDT event !

EMPOWERD 07-28-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie_s999 (Post 1576592)
Wont be able to make it tomorrow, will see u guys at bimmercruise for the DDT event !

No worries Rich! Congrats on your new son!

Bullet Ride 07-28-2012 09:34 PM

I should be there

dble Trouble 07-29-2012 12:31 AM

I'll see you all in 8.5 hours.............argh, I should get some sleep.............

Bullet Ride 07-29-2012 07:09 PM

Fun layout today. Thanks guys.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018