maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   euro plates (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51385)

SBM_330CI 03-31-2005 01:19 AM

euro plates

anybody here have/had euro plates on their cars ? how long b4 the cops pull you over ???
i have 1 on the way that actually has my plate # on it ... so i am just wondering here how long b4 i the cops pull me over .. :D

SpoolinS6 03-31-2005 01:24 AM

well i have mine on my dash saying QUATTRO
no B.S yet

Furious 03-31-2005 01:24 AM

what do you mean? you only have euro plates on??? or both plates plus the euro.ORRR the Ontario rear and the euro front?

SBM_330CI 03-31-2005 01:29 AM

sorry i didn't make it clear
Ont back ... euro front and ont front on the windshield

qimis 03-31-2005 01:31 AM

hehe less than 24 hrs ... that was before Windsor Autoxtacy, he gave me a warning cause i told him, the car's going for a show that day. :) after that i got 2 plates at the front for a few months, had no prob. w/ that.

SBM_330CI 03-31-2005 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_powered
well i have mine on my dash saying QUATTRO
no B.S yet

u mean your euro plate is not mounted on the front ?

SBM_330CI 03-31-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qimis
hehe less than 24 hrs ... that was before Windsor Autoxtacy, he gave me a warning cause i told him, the car's going for a show that day. :) after that i got 2 plates at the front for a few months, had no prob. w/ that.

hey qimis . how have u been ? less than 24 for hours ? i was thinking at least 1 week ... the cops here sure are busy doing thier job :rolleyes:

Furious 03-31-2005 01:41 AM

dont bother , put the euro on the dash, not worth the hastle, thats what i do

maxx318i 03-31-2005 02:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Im planning to mount mine only on the front, below the BC plate. A few plp I have seen, do that, it's pointless to mount it in the back cover it with your BC plate ..

qimis 03-31-2005 11:12 AM

i was doing 90 on huron church and weaving in and out in traffic, running kinda late to the bond facility. and there was a undercover popo in a camaro came out of expressway. that's why he pulled me over, other than that should be at least a week i guess.

i would just go w/ 1 plate at the front, it looks 'stupid' or way too much having 2 plates. $0.02.

///Maluco 03-31-2005 12:10 PM

I used to have Euro plates up front on my first car, and never had an issue since in the early 90's, it wasn't very common.
I only had an officer comment once that I had to turn my Ont. plates vertically because it wasn't clearly visible.
I had the Euro plates on the bumper and two brackets coming down from behind to hold the top of the Ont. plates below the wide Euro plate. I liked the way that looked as opposed to having the wider plate below it. I know it's a bit much, but I broke up the white from the two plates by placing a smoked lic. plate cover over the Ont. plates.

The wider Euro plate will only look good if you place it way down on you spoiler so you don't cover up your radiator opening.

Now if you place the Euro plates on the front and have your Ont. plates on your dash, it won't be long before law enforcement begins to hassle you over it. Unfortunately, we require these plates, unlike Michigan and some other states where it is optional.

SBM_330CI 03-31-2005 01:00 PM

thank you for your info ///Maluco ... i guess i will just put the euro on my dash than ... sigh ... all that the ont front plate does is eat bugs cuz of its gaint size .. i don't even know why we need it .

btw qimis ... when is our cruise going to happen ? lets have a photoshoot with our euro plates on .. just don't go 90 on huron church or riverside *no-no* ..than we should be *th-up*

Bmwstylz 03-31-2005 02:22 PM

2 plates is just "rice" in german whatever the word is.

I say risk Only a Euro Plate up front and change it if you get caught.... Fine is only $110

JUS_CRZN 03-31-2005 03:04 PM

Should take about 5 min to get caught driving in mississauga. :(

E36 Power 03-31-2005 11:42 PM

I have the m3 front from Fil so it had a spot for a eruo plate and i ordered one..i have it in the slot with my ontario under it...doesnt look tooo too bad...i can send pix if ud like just drop ur email..i dont know how to post them here