maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   seized rear wheels (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83690)

carjoe 01-13-2007 01:14 AM

Yikers. If you need any help, let me know.

Is it waiting to get fixed or stored? If it's getting fixed, what shop? Tapp? He seems to be the go to guy for boost and tune.

bmdbley'sBro 01-13-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flav_cool
Well we're both in a hole b/c of our bmw misfortunes. No worries it'll get better.

whats up with yours? I really hope it does get better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carjoe
Yikers. If you need any help, let me know.

Is it waiting to get fixed or stored? If it's getting fixed, what shop? Tapp? He seems to be the go to guy for boost and tune.

it's a 93 it;s seen winter before so I keep it roll'n ( not stored)

Tapp recommended this Jay guy in kingston via Email; even said jay had made manifolds for him!!
thats how well rep'd the guy "was"

I had emailed tapp 1st thing about making a New manifold, buthe says he doesn't do that anymore..

I had contacted mark at Autoextreme but he was backlogged at the time!
and yes he mentioned jay in kingston too *sad*

curious carjoe, who do you know of and would recommend for such work in ottawa?

im now thinking of just having the mani repiared, need some flex pipe in my down pipe too..
simple stuff to a guy that does Fi installs (kit/custom) often.

carjoe 01-14-2007 01:32 AM

Ick. The only other guy would be Mike at PSI tuning. I've heard of some guy with the last name Cote with Good street turbos but I think it's more of a name for a bunch of guys doing backyard turbos than a legit shop.

Maybe that muffler guy in Manotick could hook you up? From what I've heard, a flex pipe would be nothing as would the welding for the mani. Once that's sorted would it just be a matter of tuning it?

I wasn't sure the car was running properly, I figured it would have been put away until spring.

bmdbley'sBro 01-14-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carjoe
Ick. The only other guy would be Mike at PSI tuning. I've heard of some guy with the last name Cote with Good street turbos but I think it's more of a name for a bunch of guys doing backyard turbos than a legit shop.

Maybe that muffler guy in Manotick could hook you up? From what I've heard, a flex pipe would be nothing as would the welding for the mani. Once that's sorted would it just be a matter of tuning it?

I wasn't sure the car was running properly, I figured it would have been put away until spring.

yeah i was think'n of checking him out (psi), but went with mr "rep" in kingston *mumble*

yeah to add flex & "repair" the existing mani should be a 5-7hrs labor tops type thing..
4 of those hours removing & reinstalling the mani , it's tight in there.

car doesn't need any tuning, always ran Great! but leaking boost pressure makes it slower!
thing has cracked like 3 times in 12K km's.
too rigid, no supports or flex = twisting & cracking.

Nascar318is 01-15-2007 12:35 PM

Adam: You could probablly contact Mike at NoLimits he might know some people. Or you could checkout redliners, some of the honda guys would know where to go.