maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Julian Fantino new proposal what a joke! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114494)

Trouble65 12-23-2008 09:13 AM

Julian Fantino new proposal what a joke!

I'm listening to the radio last night. I could not believe what he is proposing.
Julian Fantino proposed that if you are driving in bad weather conditions and if you get into an accident your insurance company does not have to cover the damages. Is this guy for real or what? How can Commissioner of OPP be so stupid? He should get fire for his suggestion.

MiroE36 12-23-2008 09:58 AM

i would not be surprised if this flies with the insurance companies... what the **** is the point of insurance then if they don't cover damage?? We are already handing out free money to them as is... now we should do it for the hell of it...

All of Max should send that idiot emails...

jstalin 12-23-2008 10:11 AM

And what constitutes bad weather? Is it rain? Snow? Fog?

There would be no point of being insured if this were put in place

JunzieB 12-23-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin (Post 1242243)
And what constitutes bad weather? Is it rain? Snow? Fog?

There would be no point of being insured if this were put in place

He actually said, Rain, snow, bright sunlight. lol.

I never heard about the insurance not covering you. I thought he was proposing to have the person in the accident charged because they did not adjust there driving to the existing weather condition.

At least that's what i got out of it.

davericher20 12-23-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunzieB (Post 1242253)

I never heard about the insurance not covering you. I thought he was proposing to have the person in the accident charged because they did not adjust there driving to the existing weather condition.

Nope, he was talking about the driver footing the bill instead of the insurance co.

Fel 12-23-2008 10:55 AM

You kidding me?!

I think a certain OPP Commissioner is getting some pretty sweet Christmas gifts from ING and Aviva.

Trouble65 12-23-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunzieB (Post 1242253)

Even that's absurd. Most people adjust to weather conditions however there are a few that don’t. Those that don’t are usually people who drive vehicles with four wheel drive systems.

carjoe 12-23-2008 11:52 AM

Fantino is an attention whore and isn't doing the public any favours. Wasn't he the major proponent of the "racing" bill?

BMW_7 12-23-2008 11:54 AM

WOW I'm all for this.

Then I'm dropping my insurance. This is gonna be awesome!

King Luis 12-23-2008 02:23 PM

i heard that in bad weather (rain, snow, fog) he wants to drop speed limits also.
so if it is bad weather, instead of a 100kmh speed limit, it'll be 70 or 80kmh.
if the province didn't give out drivers licenses to every single person, the roads would be much safer. ever seen what the people in finland have to do to get their license?
something like 3 months are spent on a skid pad before hitting the streets.

Castel 12-23-2008 02:31 PM

weather has soooo many variables and could change by the time police arrive (massive rain could start or stop, for example). who determines bad weather and how will it be uniform within a certain area? this is completely ****ed..

what about focusing on drunk driving? this is something that can be measure easily and is a massive problem..

davericher20 12-23-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel (Post 1242261)
You kidding me?!

I think a certain OPP Commissioner is getting some pretty sweet Christmas gifts from ING and Aviva.

I was thinking the exact same thing

325isdan 12-23-2008 05:14 PM

someone needs to squash that old fool.

Understated 12-23-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davericher20 (Post 1242259)
Nope, he was talking about the driver footing the bill instead of the insurance co.

Don't know about that.

He's proposing 'unsafe drivers' who didn't take into account adverse weather conditions should be forced to foot the bill for accidents themselves. At least thats what initial reports were saying....this article doesn't go into it too much though.

Tstar.com:http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/557629

Sounds like he's backtracking on his initial statements about letting insurance companies off the hook...HMMM

Trouble65 12-23-2008 05:54 PM

What's next? No sneezing while driving. After all when you sneeze you close your eyes. This guy needs to get his head examined.