maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   E30 update non-bmw engine swap inside (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140297)

SamE30e 02-09-2011 12:29 PM

I haveeee a bonnnerrr

325isStephen 02-09-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E30M42cab (Post 1480097)
Are you going to go lower than the rado? That is the question. And will it make it to H20 again?

Definitely going to be stupid low, with the oil pan sitting well above the subframe it gives me lots of room to drop the car without smashing the oil pan every other day like if it had an m20.

H2Oi is a definite yes for me. Last year I went with 10 people, this year it should be closer to 14 or so, were gunna get a house.

richie_s999 02-09-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325isStephen (Post 1480226)
Definitely going to be stupid low, with the oil pan sitting well above the subframe it gives me lots of room to drop the car without smashing the oil pan every other day like if it had an m20.

H2Oi is a definite yes for me. Last year I went with 10 people, this year it should be closer to 14 or so, were gunna get a house.


When is the H20 show this year....

325isStephen 02-09-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie_s999 (Post 1480245)
When is the H20 show this year....

It's the last weekend of september.

El Gato Liso 02-10-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325isStephen (Post 1480226)
Definitely going to be stupid low, with the oil pan sitting well above the subframe it gives me lots of room to drop the car without smashing the oil pan...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

craz azn 02-10-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato Liso (Post 1480299)
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LOL. 24v fail :P

Bullet Ride 02-10-2011 09:41 AM

Which engine mounts do people throw on the M20 so that the oil pan sits just above the bottom of the steering rack? E34?

ACS_DAN 02-10-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1480327)
Which engine mounts do people throw on the M20 so that the oil pan sits just above the bottom of the steering rack? E34?

I believe it's e36.

The swap is looking pretty tasty! Very Nice!

hosty 02-10-2011 02:51 PM

the LIES!

I thought you were going inline-6 turbo.

Not 4 :(

325isStephen 02-10-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hosty (Post 1480397)
the LIES!

I thought you were going inline-6 turbo.

Not 4 :(

Would have been nice, but a swap like that just isn't in my price range, not to mention the extra clearance issues. I do like how far back the engine is going to sit while still having loads of power.

ABUSTAIF 02-10-2011 08:34 PM

very nice , Porsche wheels , Nissan engine. whats next ? *rockout*. good luck with the project *th-up*

325isStephen 02-11-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABUSTAIF (Post 1480461)
very nice , Porsche wheels , Nissan engine. whats next ? *rockout*. good luck with the project *th-up*

Wheel's will more then likely be getting changed up soon, but we'll see what else happens.

E30M42cab 02-12-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325isStephen (Post 1480685)
Wheel's will more then likely be getting changed up soon, but we'll see what else happens.

He can't show up to all the shows with the same wheels as last year. It's like wearing the same suite to work every day. I'm willing to bet they will have a lower offset that ET51, are greater than 8" wide, and have a smaller bolt pattern than 5X130. Have I narrowed it down? I say Lincoln Towncar OEM. Am I right, am I right?!

nonlocal 02-12-2011 12:45 AM

Remember that wedding where we both showed up with the same rims on our cars? So embarassing.

E30M42cab 02-12-2011 01:33 AM

I know, I just about died!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018