maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Cars For Sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   1997 BMW M3 Coupe (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140958)

Blackedout95 03-07-2011 03:57 PM

1997 BMW M3 Coupe
 
Hey Guys,

Found this really clean e36 M3 coupe on kijiji, i went and checked it out and it really is a nice car, if anybody is interested, here's the link...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ265567245

yellowfever3 03-07-2011 04:08 PM

And theres a 3 spoke steering wheel for sale on here too to change that hideous 95 m3 wheel

NateoriouS 03-11-2011 02:51 PM

nice car... is it a dealer or private sale?

Blackedout95 03-11-2011 09:12 PM

Id call it a private sale, it's owned by two of the best bmw mechanics I know of in the niagara region, real bmw guys. While there they love to show the 2002 touring and other older bimmer's.

The M3 is a clean car man, right from florida, no rust at all and knowing them it runs like a top, youd have zero mechanical to have to do.

Dysantic 03-12-2011 01:34 PM

Estoril *mw*

bmwmck 03-12-2011 04:43 PM

sh*t that is really nice. i'll never get tired of estoril

ClayMan 03-12-2011 07:48 PM

Looks to me like something's up with that M3. Looking at the interior, it's got a downgraded non-M early E36 steering wheel, which not only is ugly but a red flag for me. The non-vader seats suggest that it's a luxury package M3, but on the outside, it has the sport side skirts and front air dam (luxury have an extra horizontal slat in the dam, and regular E36 side skirts) Just playing devil's advocate here, don't mean to do anyone any harm.

Blackedout95 03-12-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayMan (Post 1486445)
Looks to me like something's up with that M3. Looking at the interior, it's got a downgraded non-M early E36 steering wheel, which not only is ugly but a red flag for me. The non-vader seats suggest that it's a luxury package M3, but on the outside, it has the sport side skirts and front air dam (luxury have an extra horizontal slat in the dam, and regular E36 side skirts) Just playing devil's advocate here, don't mean to do anyone any harm.

I hear ya, curious, I figure for under $1500 I could get some nice vader's, proper wheel, think its doable. Nothing odd about the car besides those two items really, I figure the previous owner trashed the seats and wheel maybe?

I ask because the car runs incredible, no rust, sweet ride, for me personally if I was buying Id just factor the replacement of those two things into the offer, jmo. I was very tempted, gone to look at it twice now but my wife and I are preparing for a baby... The third car will not be a M3 :(

doogee 03-12-2011 09:54 PM

Doesn't seem to be a lux package to me. But who knows. Luxury usually have chrome door handle as well. Sometimes wood grain.

Either way, dove/grey interior makes me want to throw up :puke:

3x Beemer 03-12-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackedout95 (Post 1486457)
I hear ya, curious, I figure for under $1500 I could get some nice vader's, proper wheel, think its doable. Nothing odd about the car besides those two items really, I figure the previous owner trashed the seats and wheel maybe?

I ask because the car runs incredible, no rust, sweet ride, for me personally if I was buying Id just factor the replacement of those two things into the offer, jmo. I was very tempted, gone to look at it twice now but my wife and I are preparing for a baby... The third car will not be a M3 :(

I don't think the US cars ever came with the M3 wheel we got in Canada..so that's correct for the car. and for the sideskirts, i highly doubt someone switched just those on a otherwise stock car. must have pulled the original vaders out.

Blackedout95 03-12-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x Beemer (Post 1486470)
I don't think the US cars ever came with the M3 wheel we got in Canada..so that's correct for the car. and for the sideskirts, i highly doubt someone switched just those on a otherwise stock car. must have pulled the original vaders out.

Thanks for insight. So really just proper seats and go!

SiR 03-13-2011 05:01 PM

its the right steering wheel for a US car.


and yes the vaders have been taken out.

ClayMan 03-13-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR (Post 1486581)
its the right steering wheel for a US car.

Not that this matters to me but I still think that statement is incorrect. Every pic that comes up when I search for "1996 bmw m3" comes up with the following wheel:

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...cd_gallery.jpg

As far as I know, THIS is the wheel that came in pre-98 M3s. Similar shape and same slip ring as the early-E36 wheel, but thicker bolstering, thumb rests, M stitching, and slightly different but interchangeable airbag.

Blackedout95 03-13-2011 10:23 PM

Anyone know how much a wheel is used somewhere?

The vad's I know, actually had some when I had my old e36 but a wheel I never looked into. What is the best looking e36 m3 wheel for that matter?

acceleration 03-13-2011 10:45 PM

That is nowhere near what I consider to be clean car.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018