maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scarborough Insurance Scammer Caught...or soon (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148757)

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 01:18 AM

Scarborough Insurance Scammer Caught...or soon

Full Thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merge...ashcam-1141746

Video of event:

What he looks like:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2918599_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2369768_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2019327_n.jpg

His Car:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...76848426_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7493349_n.jpg

His Family Business:

http://www.markhamorthoflex.com/

Oh look a orthopedic clinic...big surprise

His LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ragu-yogarajah/19/2a6/b68

His house address:
R Yogarajah
(905) 201-2900
6 Olivewood Dr
Markham, ON L3S 3E3

http://www.memecreator.org/static/im...emes/22877.jpg

Steve30 02-14-2012 01:44 AM

What a loser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noodles101 02-14-2012 01:58 AM

the other thread about bunch of brown guys scamming insurance company for 1.5 mil.. he was also SRI LANKAN.

i get very angry when i see people trying to scam the system or scam innocent people for money.

noodles101 02-14-2012 02:05 AM

plus whats with this guy opening all his doors in every pic? LOL

daytona 02-14-2012 03:08 AM

Thats why when I get my next car Im going to hardwire a camera into the front window...my sister boss got into a very very small fender bender...less than $1000 damage but the brown guy she hit sue for $85000 and won!....he got all the "medical reports" from the doctor and clinic which treated him....its time for the Ontario government crack down of these scams..this been ask on other threads whats the least obstructive car cam you can buy these days..most on Ebay looks like chit.

damameke 02-14-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles101 (Post 1548734)
the other thread about bunch of brown guys scamming insurance company for 1.5 mil.. he was also SRI LANKAN.

i get very angry when i see people trying to scam the system or scam innocent people for money.

I get mad as well especially with what the video showed, blatant open scam on the highway, cops should be called and video send as well..that guy probably did that alot of times...

slemmer 02-14-2012 10:49 AM

Totally disgusting. I'd like to introduce him to my "therapists"...

careless7 02-14-2012 11:16 AM

His hair is a whole lotta awesome town!

It is sad but the stereotype is real my cousin deals with insurance fraud investigations and says its almost 80% of her cases.

On that note can't wait for my next premium increase.

NOTORIOUS VR 02-14-2012 11:34 AM

Fukcing dirty low life scum bag...

propr'one 02-14-2012 11:41 AM

I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?

BigD 02-14-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1548786)
I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?

I doubt it's an ongoing scam for him. He was probably asking daddy for money for more neon lights, who said do this, file a claim to have your sore neck/back looked at and I'll give you the insurance money.

noodles101 02-14-2012 12:21 PM

i just realized something like this happened to me ..

about 5 years ago when i just got my license , i was up at highway 7 lapaloma parking lot and i was backing out and this 1989 prelude rolled back a little, i swear i thought he did, but he said i backed into him..

i ended up paying him 200 bucks ..

i was looking the other way when i was backing out but he HAD to have rolled back in order to bump my car..

wow ... he was also a Jogakarashsj sivavvsvsvsa. -__-

Euro_7 02-14-2012 12:24 PM

this recently happened to my gf where a polish lady reversed 10+ feet because she went the wrong way and slammed into her.

My question is whats a decently priced and reliable in-dash camera and where can I get one?

5style 02-14-2012 12:46 PM

Guys! Dealextreme.com, buy a dashcam like me, or get a phone mount, and let your cell record all day long. I never drive without one, mainly for cops LOL, but hey, its there.

5style 02-14-2012 12:48 PM

PS LOL @ video, the guys face the moment he knows he got owned, PRICELESS

Colombian 02-14-2012 01:00 PM

what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !

cisco911 02-14-2012 01:11 PM

I honestly wouldn't have said I had the camera. I would have let him file the paperwork with the insurance saying that I hit him and then sent the video to the insurance company and have him charged with Fraud. That way his a$$ would be dropped from insurance want won't be able to insure his neon-light filled POS!

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colombian (Post 1548807)
what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !

Users on RFD have forwarded it to TheStar, CP24, Breakfast Television, A-Channel, you name it. Up to them to cover it or not.

noodles101 02-14-2012 01:18 PM

^^ ya i saw that too, LOL i hope they air it hahahaa

should send one to MTV ...LOL they r gunna rip on him soo bad on mtv.. lolz.

Colombian 02-14-2012 01:54 PM

I think this post should be linked to the sighting forum.. everytime u see this fool give him the finger !

5style 02-14-2012 02:57 PM

This scumbags address 91 Elliottglenn Drive in Ajax.

BMW BMXer 02-14-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Well if people pay cash to get out of it then he could do it 6 or so times, report 1.

Repeat.

Colombian 02-14-2012 03:07 PM

hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!

bmdbley'sBro 02-14-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

because the police dont care.

Quote:

Dashboard camera catches alleged fraud
A YouTube video of an alleged car crash scam that took place on Toronto's Highway 401 is getting a lot of attention.

In the video, captured via a $40 dashboard-mounted camera, you can see a black Acura TSX slow to a stop in the middle of the 401's eastbound lanes.

The car appears to back up (though the reverse lamps don't light up) and hits the bumper of the filming car, despite the loud, sustained horn-honks of its driver.

The video uploader, "heapproductionz," says the video was shot February 9, 2012, and captures a case of attempted fraud.

After both cars pull over to the side of the road, the uploader explains in the video's captions that the driver of the Acura asked him for $500 to pay off the damages, and threatened to call the police if he didn't comply.

It's at this point the uploader tells the alleged scammer he's caught the whole thing on film, and encourages him to call the police so he can show them the footage. The Acura's driver called the Ontario Provincial Police, apparently because he figured the dash-cam setup was illegal. (It's not.)

Heapproductionz says after showing the unedited footage to his insurance company – the police didn't care to see it because it was a minor accident – he was found not at fault.

Sometimes it pays to have a dashboard camera.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/auto-news/...ught-on-camera
see - the cops didn't even want to see it. fcplm

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colombian (Post 1548846)
hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!

Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".

5style 02-14-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim .E. (Post 1548873)
Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".

It won't . Imagine, people standing up for their rights!!! The horror!

damameke 02-14-2012 06:27 PM

I just cant imagine the police didnt care, this is a fraud, its not a minor fender bender...
no wonder scammers were getting away...and the insurance should look into the family business, if a son is scamming, it speaks volume on their business...

sirex 02-14-2012 07:25 PM

yep, thats the times we live in.

people should pay this guy a visit at his home.

noodles101 02-14-2012 08:13 PM

lol im pretty sure this guy is already on 4chan and every internet forum possible..

i would frozen paintball the shit out of his house...LOL jkjk.

dbworld4k 02-14-2012 08:31 PM

Funny. The stereotypes about that population happen to be proved right again and again... I hope this guys get's some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice as the cops are useless yet again.

and LOL @ the ortho clinic. Another front for scams. Wow. Don't even get me started on this shit.

5style 02-14-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1548926)
Funny. The stereotypes about that population happen to be proved right again and again... I hope this guys get's some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice as the cops are useless yet again.

and LOL @ the ortho clinic. Another front for scams. Wow. Don't even get me started on this shit.

Its really shameful isn't it? Especially for a new generation which should be breaking those stereotypes, not indulging them

slemmer 02-14-2012 09:51 PM

Did the cops show up at the end?

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slemmer (Post 1548937)
Did the cops show up at the end?

yes (OPP), but they did nothing and told both parties to go home.

lvan 02-14-2012 11:08 PM

I have a friend of mine that tracks downs these people. One thing that is common is that, they used to live in Germany, Uk and so on. So when those countries kicked them out, guess what, old fox Canada took them.

Don't get me wrong, but even cops these days can't do shit. Look how hard it is for them to impose the cellphone ban. It's about money money money. He will get five credit cards, he will get a house that he can not afford so banks can make a fortune on him/his family. That is the bottom line. They don't care about your 500 dollars or if someone ran you over on that highway.

lvan 02-14-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex (Post 1548918)
yep, thats the times we live in.

people should pay this guy a visit at his home.

hahahah you think it is that easy? That may sound logical from an average guy's point of view, but wait when you get ambushed by 3-4 families living in that house. A friend of mine had a house in that part of Markham, and he sold it before the value went down. After he moved in the upper side of Markham.

Jim .E. 02-15-2012 10:44 AM

TheStar covered it:
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...-it-seems?bn=1

Quote:

Once upon a time, angry fender-bender victims who wanted to allege the other guy was an idiot or a crook were limited to an audience of family and friends.

But as two GTA motorists are finding out, all it takes in 2012 to transform a minor car accident into a reputation-threatening debacle is a dashboard camera, YouTube and the so-called wisdom of crowds.

Last Thursday, Ajax resident Raguruban Yogarajah and Mississauga student Herman Sham were involved in a fender-bender on the 401. Neither dispute that while they were stopped in cramped rush-hour traffic, Yogarajah’s black Honda Acura rolled backwards and bumped Sham’s Subaru.

Sham believes Yogarajah was trying to scam him, and 130,000 YouTube viewers largely agree.

But Yogarajah says it was a genuine mistake. He’s worried for his family’s safety since venomous — and sometimes racist — commenters started posting his personal information online. “I work two jobs. I don’t need to go scamming for $500 to live my life,” says Yogarajah.

Sham, 24, a photography student, captured Thursday’s fender-bender on a $40 dashboard camera.

The next day, he uploaded the footage to YouTube with the title “The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled).” In the video, he added word bubbles alleging Yogarajah demanded $500 on the spot to pay for the damage.

“Please be aware of these fake accident(s),” Sham wrote online.

Viewers — more than 125,000 in the last 36 hours — have added a running commentary of vitriol, threats and racism.

One called Yogarajah a “scumbag” and posted his home address in Ajax. “Don’t underestimate technology and the power of the internet,” the commenter wrote.

Yogarajah is worried and scared.

He says the first thing he told Sham was, “Did you bump into me or did I bump into you?” His car is a manual, and he says it probably rolled backward when he distractedly took his foot off the brake.

The video doesn’t seem to show Yogarajah’s reverse lights come on. He points to this as proof he didn’t reverse, while YouTube commenters use it as proof he disconnected them and his tail lights in advance. In the sunlight’s glare, it’s impossible to tell if either was working.

Yogarajah doesn’t deny he is at fault for the collision. But he got frustrated at the scene because, he says, Sham insisted Yogarajah had reversed on purpose. So Yogarajah called police himself (a move Sham admits was “weird”).

Yogarajah, 26, works at a bank during the week and as a telecommunications sales rep on the weekends, helping support his extended family. He says he saved up for three years to buy his car and wouldn’t think of damaging it for $500.

He does, in fact, have a lengthy rap sheet of Highway Traffic Act offences — 26 in four years — but most are for licence plate issues and speeding, and he has no criminal history. He believes police stop him more frequently than others because they are suspicious of a young man of colour driving a nice car.

The YouTube video clearly shows Yogarajah’s licence plate. Since it was posted, web denizens have posted not only his address but his sister’s, where she lives with her three children.

He says he’s spoken to the Toronto police and the RCMP on six occasions about the online threats, but all have said they have no jurisdiction over YouTube and some were dismissive of his safety concerns.

Sham says he wasn’t trying to ruin Yogarajah’s reputation. He only wanted other drivers to be aware that dashboard cameras can be useful for insurance purposes.

He says he believes now that Yogarajah may have accidentally put the car in neutral, and not intentionally reversed, though he still maintains Yogarajah asked for money. “I really don’t want to screw him, or anything.”

Sham’s car damage is minor.

“It would have been solved if he just gave me a chance to talk to him,” says Yogarajah.

“It’s a minor scratch. All this trouble for no reason.”

damameke 02-15-2012 11:36 AM

I would be so naive to believe his story, questions; why would he stopped his car
on the busiest highway?;considering there is no mechanical fault, why would he not stop when OP was blasting his horn loudly....

anyway. giving him the benefit of doubt...

slemmer 02-15-2012 11:57 AM

I read a lot of back pedalling. I still believe it was malicious and pre-meditated. The camera captures it all. I find it hard for his car to roll back with so much force to cause damage given the roadway wasn't a steep hill.

5style 02-15-2012 12:06 PM

Sometimes I roll back but its a instant slam the brake reaction when it happens, there is NO WAY he didn't know he was rolling back, you can freaking feel it and it feels WRONG when its happening. BULL.

Steve30 02-15-2012 12:10 PM

Not to mention the driver of the Subaru also honked like 5 times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slemmer (Post 1549064)
I read a lot of back pedalling. I still believe it was malicious and pre-meditated. The camera captures it all. I find it hard for his car to roll back with so much force to cause damage given the roadway wasn't a steep hill.