maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scarborough Insurance Scammer Caught...or soon (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148757)

Colombian 02-14-2012 01:00 PM

what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !

cisco911 02-14-2012 01:11 PM

I honestly wouldn't have said I had the camera. I would have let him file the paperwork with the insurance saying that I hit him and then sent the video to the insurance company and have him charged with Fraud. That way his a$$ would be dropped from insurance want won't be able to insure his neon-light filled POS!

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colombian (Post 1548807)
what an a$$!! i cant believe he actually rolled back on the highway. No wonder why my insurance goes up every two months. U should forward thsi video to all insurance companies. One of them probably got scammed by this dude.. they get them back big time for you if you got proff like that.. I would also consider a law suit if he actually called the police and pressed charges... his actions were done on purpose so his credibility is down the trash in court !

Users on RFD have forwarded it to TheStar, CP24, Breakfast Television, A-Channel, you name it. Up to them to cover it or not.

noodles101 02-14-2012 01:18 PM

^^ ya i saw that too, LOL i hope they air it hahahaa

should send one to MTV ...LOL they r gunna rip on him soo bad on mtv.. lolz.

Colombian 02-14-2012 01:54 PM

I think this post should be linked to the sighting forum.. everytime u see this fool give him the finger !

5style 02-14-2012 02:57 PM

This scumbags address 91 Elliottglenn Drive in Ajax.

BMW BMXer 02-14-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1548786)
I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?

Well if people pay cash to get out of it then he could do it 6 or so times, report 1.

Repeat.

Colombian 02-14-2012 03:07 PM

hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!

bmdbley'sBro 02-14-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1548786)
I don't understand how people get away with doing this so much. Don't the insurance co start asking questions when buddy gets rear ended on a semi-monthly basis?

because the police dont care.

Quote:

Dashboard camera catches alleged fraud
A YouTube video of an alleged car crash scam that took place on Toronto's Highway 401 is getting a lot of attention.

In the video, captured via a $40 dashboard-mounted camera, you can see a black Acura TSX slow to a stop in the middle of the 401's eastbound lanes.

The car appears to back up (though the reverse lamps don't light up) and hits the bumper of the filming car, despite the loud, sustained horn-honks of its driver.

The video uploader, "heapproductionz," says the video was shot February 9, 2012, and captures a case of attempted fraud.

After both cars pull over to the side of the road, the uploader explains in the video's captions that the driver of the Acura asked him for $500 to pay off the damages, and threatened to call the police if he didn't comply.

It's at this point the uploader tells the alleged scammer he's caught the whole thing on film, and encourages him to call the police so he can show them the footage. The Acura's driver called the Ontario Provincial Police, apparently because he figured the dash-cam setup was illegal. (It's not.)

Heapproductionz says after showing the unedited footage to his insurance company – the police didn't care to see it because it was a minor accident – he was found not at fault.

Sometimes it pays to have a dashboard camera.


http://autos.sympatico.ca/auto-news/...ught-on-camera
see - the cops didn't even want to see it. fcplm

Jim .E. 02-14-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colombian (Post 1548846)
hahhaha it made the news... i just saw it on sympatico when i logged off from hotmail !!!

Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".

5style 02-14-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim .E. (Post 1548873)
Sympatico
MSN
Youtube
Car Forums
Reddit
RFD
Facebook

that's all fine and dandy, but it has to hit major news stations in the GTA before "mission accomplished".

It won't . Imagine, people standing up for their rights!!! The horror!

damameke 02-14-2012 06:27 PM

I just cant imagine the police didnt care, this is a fraud, its not a minor fender bender...
no wonder scammers were getting away...and the insurance should look into the family business, if a son is scamming, it speaks volume on their business...

sirex 02-14-2012 07:25 PM

yep, thats the times we live in.

people should pay this guy a visit at his home.

noodles101 02-14-2012 08:13 PM

lol im pretty sure this guy is already on 4chan and every internet forum possible..

i would frozen paintball the shit out of his house...LOL jkjk.

dbworld4k 02-14-2012 08:31 PM

Funny. The stereotypes about that population happen to be proved right again and again... I hope this guys get's some good ol' fashioned vigilante justice as the cops are useless yet again.

and LOL @ the ortho clinic. Another front for scams. Wow. Don't even get me started on this shit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018