maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   would you guys let your......... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1827)

e36_freak 03-21-2002 05:26 PM

would you guys let your.........

Hey, i'm just wondering...... would anyone here let their girlfriend or wife drive their bimmer? or if your a girl would you let your boyfriend or husband drive your bimmer?

i was just talking to my girlfriend about my car and she asked me if i'd ever let her take my car for a spin around the block.....
ofcourse i told her no.........:P
then she got so bitchy bout it.......

Dirtyman 03-21-2002 05:38 PM

depends

dude, my x-girl didn't know nothing for standard but she said if I helped teach her, ......put it this way, rewarded!!

you know, some chicks are awsome and better than me at manual shift and I've only owned manual cars!!*drunk*

e36_freak 03-21-2002 05:42 PM

i need to find a chick that loves to drive a car hard.....
my girlfriend get dizzy :puke: when i spin around a corner doing 80 km/h.

LoL :cool:

ThE bRoWn GuY 03-22-2002 05:18 AM

I've let my gfriend drive mine a couple times... she races everything :D But she does drive 5spd daily...

Gamite 03-22-2002 06:11 AM

I let her drive once, but after the suspension upgrades, she didnt wanna drive it anymore. :huh?:

"Oh WELL!" :D

Rolled_Out 03-22-2002 12:08 PM

haah my g/f has a better car than me!
CLK 320 convertible black/black, but i drive that when she picks me up..haha

Bliss 03-22-2002 01:16 PM

I would as long as she knew how to drive stick...I'm fine with it.

Furious 03-22-2002 11:12 PM

well it tottaly depends,,,i guess if she drove a more expensive car than me than i can always take hers if she smacks mine up,,,(joking) but i guess i would,,,,
but not if she cant drive stick*no-no*

SickFinga 03-23-2002 01:31 AM

I don't have a girlfriend, but like half of my school test drove my car. So I don't have any problems letting others to drive my car.

MPRESION 03-23-2002 03:28 AM

Ahhh.... how do I put this politely...... NO! :D Tried to teach her a couple of times on my brother's old Blazer.... if it weren't for the seatbelts I'd be through that windsheild.

Phantom 03-23-2002 01:34 PM

I've had similar to Mpresions experience. Tried to teach the wife how to drive standard tran'. Went through a tranny/clutch on my old Honda. No dice. She's never asked to drive the Bimmer though. Fingers crossed........*devil*

M3West 03-24-2002 12:19 AM

This could be a touchy subject. Anyone who is a freak about their BMW might think twice about letting someone else drive their car. It really depends on that other person's skill level and what kind of car they drive. If they have a Ferrari or similar, I would think they would be O.K. to drive a BMW. My g/f asked me to drive my M3 and I tried to be kind and tell her no. Big mistake! She got bitchy, also. How do you explain your love/lust for cars?

MPRESION 03-24-2002 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by M3West
This could be a touchy subject. Anyone who is a freak about their BMW might think twice about letting someone else drive their car. It really depends on that other person's skill level and what kind of car they drive. If they have a Ferrari or similar, I would think they would be O.K. to drive a BMW. My g/f asked me to drive my M3 and I tried to be kind and tell her no. Big mistake! She got bitchy, also. How do you explain your love/lust for cars?
What explaining is there... I tell my girlfriend that there will always be 2 loves in my life, her and my car.:D :D

e36_freak 03-24-2002 12:01 PM

LoL

my girlfriend don't understand my love for my car.........
she thinks it's dumb and materialistic......
she thinks i should expand my interests to other things not just cars......i told her well my interests are cars n girls......u wouldn't want me to expand my interests in girls do you??? *devil*

MP328 03-24-2002 01:13 PM

that's what mine thinks too ehhe :)

she still doesn't know how to drive a stick but i guess i will have to teach here maybe in a few months or so.