maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what do you think of obx (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46482)

bmnorm 12-29-2004 03:43 PM

what do you think of obx

What do you think of obx coil overs....
Somebody was selling them here, but they have been sold already.
But you can buy them on ebay for pretty cheap.
Will it make a diff if I install the coil overs w/ a good set of shocks.
I want coil overs but I don't want the price tag that comes w/it.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I will be using them on a 4dr e36.
thanks

ZiMMie 12-29-2004 03:51 PM

dunno about quality but u can grab them for 99.99US here

http://www.matrixracing.com/Browse_I...s&Item_ID=6136

bmwm5lover 12-29-2004 04:01 PM

I have heard, they sag, are cheap quality, and overall bounce, and wat not. Most people will not recomment them. I personally would buy them just because they are a decent price, and are coilovers. Now im not too sure, but i think there has to be some modifications done for the to fit on the e30

jeremy 12-29-2004 04:03 PM

randy had them and said they were better than his gc's...

bmnorm 12-29-2004 04:04 PM

thanks for the link, that's a great price.
but I really don't want to get something that sucks.
I want to hear from somebody that has them. or something like them.
(thanks for the input guys)
anyone that has them or had them please give me some advice.

Jon@Bimmersport 12-29-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy
randy had them and said they were better than his gc's...

They were softer, but consider randy's E30 was modded like hell. Urethane bushings, sway bars, roll cage, his car was stiff as ****..so the OBX made it a bit more comfortable, while still maintaining his cars awesome handling. It really depends on the applications set up.

My bro had them on his E30 and i didnt mind them, they were comfortable, adjustable and was stiff enough for my liking. I dont know about his, he'll post his opinion later if he sees this I guess.

BTW..if you need them installed PM bimmersport, he did it on mine and did a good (and quick) job too! He knows the install well, so I would trust him if I were you.

bmnorm 12-29-2004 04:20 PM

Cool, thanks guys
I will ask bimmersport once I get them.
What would be a good setup?
Shocks, Bushings etc...

Jari 12-29-2004 11:31 PM

I had obx in my e36 when I bought it. I got rid of them as soon as I could. Junk! Bouncy as heck, and the springs were very small. I gave them to my mechanic. He installed them in his vw Rabbit.

bmnorm 12-29-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jari
I had obx in my e36 when I bought it. I got rid of them as soon as I could. Junk! Bouncy as heck, and the springs were very small. I gave them to my mechanic. He installed them in his vw Rabbit.

what kind of shock setup did you have on the car?
I remeber when I had my civic I had it slammed & it jumped around but that was becuase I was running stock shocks.
thanks

Bimmer Heaven 12-30-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I have heard, they sag, are cheap quality, and overall bounce, and wat not. Most people will not recomment them. I personally would buy them just because they are a decent price, and are coilovers. Now im not too sure, but i think there has to be some modifications done for the to fit on the e30

People say the same for Apex, as you can tell from having them on your car they are not that bad!

EMPOWERD 12-30-2004 01:03 AM

Springs don't make your ride bounce people.. shitty (stock) shocks do on a lowered ride.... especially dumped on coilovers. Research before you post please. They were fine all around... no complaints.

Jari 12-30-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmnorm
what kind of shock setup did you have on the car?
I remeber when I had my civic I had it slammed & it jumped around but that was becuase I was running stock shocks.
thanks

I had stock shocks and struts.

bmnorm 12-30-2004 10:43 AM

Thanks for the input peeps.
I thought the shocks made a difference. I am going to pick those up & get a really good set of shocks. I will keep you guys posted.

bmwm5lover 12-31-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle
People say the same for Apex, as you can tell from having them on your car they are not that bad!

ur definitely right. They aren't bad at all, and on stock shox

djcontra 01-02-2005 03:23 PM

isn't OBX related to toucan inc? we all know how much ractive sucks, so why would obx be any better :D