maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cops RANDOMLY shutting down streets!?!? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60913)

Understated 11-07-2005 01:20 AM

Cops RANDOMLY shutting down streets!?!?

ok i'm not 100% on this but i was driving home this evening and at kipling and west humber road (right at hy&zels) a cop was blocking traffic from going further north on kipling...which made little to no sense to me as i didn't see any flashing lights beyond....no ambulance nothing :confused:

could this be for the stupid work to rule thing?.....they think they can shut down a street :confused:

of course i could be wrong.....maybe justin or some other rexdale/north etobicoke visitor can confirm *mumble*

Jim .E. 11-07-2005 01:21 AM

could be a crime scene, the cherries arent always on, could be you got there just when they decided to close the section down

Gamite 11-07-2005 01:22 AM

There probably was an accident further up, but they didn't have their lights on.

Ryousuke 11-07-2005 02:10 AM

Or they are doing some Maintanance to electric wires there.. I was going from work on Kipling had to explore some random neighbourhood so I could get to Islington and then get on Finch >.<

Understated 11-07-2005 02:13 AM

lol u got owned more than me....yeah i had to book it left turn onto rexdale and book it in front of woodbine centre :mad: ....teh side streets were flooded with 45kipling buses and random cars....blah

Ryousuke 11-07-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman87
lol u got owned more than me....yeah i had to book it left turn onto rexdale and book it in front of woodbine centre :mad: ....teh side streets were flooded with 45kipling buses and random cars....blah

Good thing I got off late tonight I didn't encounter anything and was speeding through the area and still got home in 20 mins :D

Furious 11-07-2005 02:45 AM

they do it quite often if they are filming in that area, a few times down near the docks where hte film studios are, they have blocked off hte street and i thought it was some sort of accident , only to see further down the street a film crew... but thats a shot in the dark

1BADBMR 11-07-2005 05:10 AM

I saw the same thing too on my way to work tonight. I had to take a detour to martingrove.
I figure another criminal activity going on. Its not an uncommon thing you see in Rexdale.

Soldo 11-07-2005 11:42 AM

I had some roads closed on my way home also, but it was because some big ass trees fell over, and hit the power lines!

Justin e36 11-07-2005 04:26 PM

Made a few phone calls. There was a broken water main... chances are you wouldn't have noticed the flooded as it rushed northwards (to the Humber River bridge) and dumped out there.

Apparently there is still a construction crew there that are replacing the main from approx 50m south of the Humber River, to 100m north of West Humber blvd. (right at Hy & Zels). Haven't had a chance to see for myself, but since its a water main I would assume traffic has either been re-routed elsewhere, or it has been trimmed down to 2 lanes.

J