maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I was just wondering!! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78958)

Burner 10-07-2006 01:02 AM

I was just wondering!!
 
I was just thinking the other night and maybe some of you guys might have some input or maybe an answer. Do you think BMW will ever make an M model of the X5's? What would you think of this if they did and would you like to have one? Just an idea...

Furious 10-07-2006 05:18 AM

i doubt they will, the closest they had were the 4.6is and thats a great truck already you really wouldnt want much more that the 4.6 has to offer. however i wouldnt put it past BMW to compete.

///tyron 10-07-2006 11:21 AM

I dont know about an M series, but theres an x5 with a V12 in it producing 700hp


_HaNi_ 10-07-2006 12:42 PM

I thought that the X5 4.8is was supposed to be the M version, but they couldnt call it MX5 cause thats taken by Mazda

Gamite 10-07-2006 12:52 PM

they don't want to put the M on the X5 because all M cars must have a manual tranny or SMG or whatever. Same reason why they don't have an M7.

SickFinga 10-07-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _HaNi_
I thought that the X5 4.8is was supposed to be the M version, but they couldnt call it MX5 cause thats taken by Mazda

no, 4.8is is not an M. And even if there was an M, doubt they would even consider calling it MX5, since there is no MZ3 or MZ4, they got their own name.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamite
they don't want to put the M on the X5 because all M cars must have a manual tranny or SMG or whatever. Same reason why they don't have an M7.


Doubt this is a problem either. Nothing stops them from developing manual or smg for those cars.
Also 7 and x5 available with manual gearbox.

Gamite 10-07-2006 01:19 PM

just repeating what I read from a magazine

Burner 10-07-2006 02:47 PM

Oh thanks guys, as I said I got to thinking (which can be a bad thing) and this is what I came up with.... I would like to see the X5 with the v12 in as was stated up alittle bit.... But it would be nice I guess to see BMW make it,

BMWFORLIFE 10-07-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious
i doubt they will, the closest they had were the 4.6is and thats a great truck already you really wouldnt want much more that the 4.6 has to offer. however i wouldnt put it past BMW to compete.

didn't they produce the 4.8is i think that was closer to an M than the 4.6

Burner 10-07-2006 10:36 PM

Were the 4.8's ever in canada?

Xakep 10-08-2006 03:37 AM

Yeah, i've seen a few of those 4.8is in Canada.
And did you guys hear about a second gen of X5 in 2007 ?? i've read a bit about it and looks like they WILL make M version for that one as well. *th-up*
HTML Code:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/newX5/default

Burner 10-08-2006 03:50 AM

I also saw something on a X5 wagan, looks good


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018