maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Toronto police cruiser hits female pedestrian in East york (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129474)

W2WDETAILING 02-02-2010 11:47 PM

Toronto police cruiser hits female pedestrian in East york

Feb 2, 2010 ---A female pedestrian is suffering injuries that aren't believed to be life-threatening after being struck by a Toronto police vehicle on Tuesday evening.

The collision occurred at about 10 p.m. just outside the Toronto East General Hospital, near Coxwell and Mortimer Avenues.

Coxwell Avenue is closed between Mortimer Avenue and Sammon Avenue while police investigate.

Traffic Services tells CP24 that the Special Investigations Unit may be called in to investigate the crash if the woman is found to have any broken bones.

during the police blitz ohh the irony.. luckly the lady sounds like she is fine also a good thing the accident happened right outside of the hospital *th-up* . coxwell ave between salmon ave and Mortimer ave is still closed. i bet they are going to rub it off by saying well you were j walking ect. lets see how they rule it.

news just reported that she infact wasnt crossing at the lights and it was an un marked cruiser.

maroli 02-03-2010 01:27 AM

ahaha, I live right here, on coxwell and danforth. Coxwell and Mortimer is less than 5 minutes away....I can attest to people randomly crossing the streets here. There are some wackjobs, lemme tell ya....

W2WDETAILING 02-03-2010 02:09 AM

cool im 1 block north of mortimer same street where that hydro substation blew up by the civic center last winter

MiroE36 02-03-2010 10:02 AM

she got had~! hopefully she's all good

sirex 02-03-2010 05:08 PM

The blitz is to stop pedestrians j-walking, not motorists driving their cars.... If anything - and since she was j-walking - you realize the implications this has??

This adds FUEL To the police fire crack down..

Woopdidoo..

I say, if youre stupid enough to j-walk and get hit, you deserve what you get. You took the risk when you j-walked. Im not saying motorists should SPEED up to hit you, but at the same time, you should look both ways.

///Maluco 02-03-2010 07:14 PM

First off, let's hope she'll be okay.

Yesterday night I couldn't believe my eyes when a senior saw me approaching and she gunned it (with walking stick and all) across the street in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign. WTF, she must have a death wish. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground too. I obviously slowed down, but I admit that she was tough to spot.
She gave me a little smile when I passed her and I gave her a thumbs up for making it across the street without getting run over.
I kid you not, the stop sign was less than 50ft away. Some people just don't think.

TheMadChigga 02-03-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///Maluco (Post 1387543)
First off, let's hope she'll be okay.

Yesterday night I couldn't believe my eyes when a senior saw me approaching and she gunned it (with walking stick and all) across the street in front of me as I was approaching a stop sign. WTF, she must have a death wish. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground too. I obviously slowed down, but I admit that she was tough to spot.
She gave me a little smile when I passed her and I gave her a thumbs up for making it across the street without getting run over.
I kid you not, the stop sign was less than 50ft away. Some people just don't think.

I believe those actions are just showing that the seniors are trying to spice up their daily lives, my 88yr old grandma was insane when comes to walking, last time I went home she was taking me out to "show me her hood" so she said, then using her cane to stop cars in the middle of the roads so she can make it cross, I asked her "why grandma? why you gotta do this and make me worry?", she simply replies "I'm 87, I don't need to be careful, I eat spicy and salty, I wanna live my life before I go see your stinky ass grandpa in hell!"

I shook my head and just followed her.