maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Club of Canada (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   2012 Trillium Chapter Autoslalom (Schedule, Results, Pics..) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149250)

Bullet Ride 05-11-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1565432)
Yea definately, I think somone from the Camaro club would stand a better chance with GM....

Not sure if we'd get far mentioning we are from a BMW Club.

Yeah, that was probably part of the reason why Dave didn't very far with Toyota lol.

jabela 05-11-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1565422)
Pretty sure they will blame the cars as the cause for tearing up the lot...

Well that's what we're paying them for right? New pavement wouldn't tear up like that.

I spent some time last summer looking in google maps for potential alternate/cheaper locations.
The best bet looks like Sheridan College (area 53) in Oakville. Other clubs have been there before.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...13e7623a9c2955

Another potential option is the Hershey Centre in Mississauga.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...00643,0.010997

John and/or Randy may have already contacted these places though, so I'm not suggesting to go over his head, just to help find the best place.

BMW Canada's new HQ in Richmond Hill might be available, and they might let us use it for free/cheap.
I have a friend there who might be able to look into it. It's hard to tell how much space they have as google's image shows the lots under construction.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...7f445befe9c1c8

richie_s999 05-11-2012 04:35 PM

Venue is booked for the season and the dates are set, looking for other lots that will even allow us is off season work.

Anyone who thinks they have somewhere for next season talk to Randy

jabela 05-11-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie_s999 (Post 1565529)
Venue is booked for the season and the dates are set, looking for other lots that will even allow us is off season work.

Anyone who thinks they have somewhere for next season talk to Randy

Good point. Maybe something to consider for next season or as a backup if the powerade center switches the dates on us again.
It might also help us negotiate better prices with the powerade centre.

Anyhow, the powerade center is a great central location... just thinking aloud I guess.

dble Trouble 05-16-2012 01:24 AM

CASC guys are raring to go for the Sunday event at the DDT. You should see that chatter on their forums about the up coming autoslalom. Great to hear, great to see. This is going to be HUGE, expecting something along the lines of 80 participants or so. If anyone is available to volunteer, we really need your help as this event got HUGE fast, so we're going to need many extra hands. We can't offer much other than a huge warm thank-you, lunch, some small swag, and Trillium Volunteer Rewards Points. If you can volunteer please contact Dan Janssen. If you're participating and a member of Trillium please pre-register on our website.

Given the size of the event we may or may not have open lapping afterwards. We have the track until 5. Expecting the event to finish around 3 so that would give about 2 hours of lapping broken into 2 groups thats approx 2 x half hour sessions each. Pricing will be determined at the event depending on the amount of lapping time available. If you have any other questions please contact me. john@trillium-bmwclub.ca

Bullet Ride 05-16-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dble Trouble (Post 1566319)
Given the size of the event we may or may not have open lapping afterwards. We have the track until 5. Expecting the event to finish around 3 so that would give about 2 hours of lapping broken into 2 groups thats approx 2 x half hour sessions each. Pricing will be determined at the event depending on the amount of lapping time available. If you have any other questions please contact me. john@trillium-bmwclub.ca

I was thinking about this the other day, assuming we have 80 cars and assuming that they are all interested in doing lapping after. Having only 2 groups means there could be up to 40 cars on the track at a time and on DDT that's just going to be a parade. I know it's not likely that everyone will want to do lapping after the event so how the groups are broken up should depend on how many people want to lap.

davericher20 05-16-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1565436)
Yeah, that was probably part of the reason why Dave didn't very far with Toyota lol.

When I called them I thought for sure they'd go for it.....good PR right?

no....it wasn't even that. They have so many shifts that the parking lot fills up even on weekends and they didn't want the hassle of scheduling an event and working around their shifts.
Whatevs.

But I will see you bitches this Sunday. I'll be the one making quick movements and darting across the track like a deer to throw you off while I'm marshalling.

Bullet Ride 05-16-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davericher20 (Post 1566354)
But I will see you bitches this Sunday. I'll be the one making quick movements and darting across the track like a deer to throw you off while I'm marshalling.

Remember your sun screen. I made the mistake of not wearing any at the last event and am finally getting over having my face falling off... just in time to do it all again *par-t*

EMPOWERD 05-16-2012 08:09 PM

Results are up for May 6th event. If you have a dispute with the PAX factoring, please email me for details. Randy@trillium-bmwclub.ca


dble Trouble 05-16-2012 08:53 PM

In reference to the lapping on Sunday IF there is time, many of the participants are packing up and going home after the event. If for whatever reason there is more than 50 cars lapping ie. 25/run group then we'll divide into 3 run groups. That won't happen though.

T.Dot_E30 05-16-2012 09:00 PM

Dammit didn't realize the first event had such a good turn out! My car was only 1/4 red that weekend, I couldn't have made it :( .

dble Trouble 05-16-2012 11:21 PM

I just spoke with the autoslalom director for CASC and he said they are expecting 60-70 participants on top of our expected 40!!! This is going to be an epic event at the DDT this Sunday.

davericher20 05-17-2012 11:02 AM

wow, how many volunteers do we have? :eek:

dble Trouble 05-17-2012 11:03 AM

LOL, not enough...........If you or anyone knows anyone who can help us out on Sunday it would be greatly appreciated. Events like these can not happen with out the help of volunteers. If so please contact Dan Janssen our volunteer coordinator.

jabela 05-17-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1566362)
Remember your sun screen. I made the mistake of not wearing any at the last event and am finally getting over having my face falling off... just in time to do it all again *par-t*

+1 I also got burned... not as badly as you though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018