maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   DTM Mirrors are on ! **Pics** (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5397)

EMPOWERD 09-12-2002 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tracer
Maybe he has something CRAZY planned for the future! Something big and that will make everyone drool!

yeah, more stickers.....

.... or actually rev the car more than 5000rpm.

Rolled_Out 09-12-2002 11:12 PM

honestly rob, i like your car, BUt those mirrors are nasty, how much did you pay for them? i hope you didn't give up more than a few pubic hairs for them... :D

time to throw in an S54, then we're talking! haha

ROB89M3 09-12-2002 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rolled_Out
time to throw in an S54, then we're talking! haha
How about throwing in a twin turbo M5 engine?:rolleyes:

Why does everything come down to HIGH HORSEPOWER?
Thats not what being a car enthusiast is all about......

Fast_Gal 09-13-2002 12:09 AM

Well i like the car. Looks complete.... your car has the appearance of continuity.... no sudden breaks in the color. For example i hate white colored cars with carbon fibre hoods. It looks dumb....all white then dark greay! How gay!? If you need to shave off some pounds for racing, a lighter hood makes sense. If not then what is the point?

Bimmer Heaven 09-13-2002 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bul Sye Babe
Well i like the car. Looks complete.... your car has the appearance of continuity.... no sudden breaks in the color. For example i hate white colored cars with carbon fibre hoods. It looks dumb....all white then dark greay! How gay!? If you need to shave off some pounds for racing, a lighter hood makes sense. If not then what is the point?
Most people use carbon fiber just for looks...it makes no sense saving weight and then puttin big ICE that makes the car even heavyer then before!!! It looks nice on some cars, but if they are darker colour, like Jeremy's E30...

djcontra 09-13-2002 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They look how they should. A couple things bother me though, the paint doesn't look like an exact match to the rest of the car (i know how hard it is to match white though, and it's very close). The other thing is, i think you should have gotten replica fiberglass ones since you were going to paint them white anyway. Painting carbon fiber ones was a little bit of a waste in my opinion, unless you had lots of carbon fiber parts to save weight (like doors, hood, trunk lid, etc)

none the less they look nice, and i dont think you'll see too many e30's with those mirrors around toronto =)

now what i wanna see next is the whole ///M stripes and the rest of the stickers. As well i'd like to see your exhaust come out the sideskirts, that would kick ass.

*th-up*

tlaselva 09-13-2002 08:49 AM

That defiantly looks slick. :cool:
Glad you painted the mirrors.
Left CF, IMO would've looked cheesy.
Car defiantly has a nice continuity to it.

No more stickers. *no-no*
Any more and you treading in riceville.

jeremy 09-13-2002 09:25 AM

take some pics from the front of the car..i want to see how far out the stick...

EMPOWERD 09-13-2002 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
now what i wanna see next is the whole ///M stripes and the rest of the stickers.
I agree... the car looks really incomplete. If you're gonna put on a strange (to normal people) Dekra number sticker, why not at least put on the M colors? I'd definitely do the complete sticker package.... riced out? HaHa, that's where the sport compact race-look came from in the first place.... DTM CARS!!! and what better car to showcase it than the sickest one of them all?

Think about it.

gsbadbmr 09-13-2002 02:52 PM

Re: Stickers

Rob, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PUT ANY MORE STICKERS ON YOUR CAR!

BMW BMXer 09-13-2002 03:28 PM

Re: Re: Stickers

Quote:

Originally posted by gsbadbmr
Rob, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PUT ANY MORE STICKERS ON YOUR CAR!
nah the full set of stickers would look pretty good...
a bit over the top for me but good

GR8 Ride 09-13-2002 04:25 PM

Well, I have to agree that not painting the mirrors would have been a much better idea...

It's nice to have a little contrast there, particularly on a white car. If they were fibreglass, then you would have to paint them. But CF, naw, shoulda left them blank.

Otherwise, I still agree that you need to complete the sticker package. It looks incomplete at the moment, and the ///M stripes over the back quarter would complete the car nicely....

Take a look at Louis car from the Club Race this past weekend....good looking vehicle there.

Pat

psbmb 09-13-2002 05:03 PM

Looks good, Rob. *th-up*

M-ATTACK 09-13-2002 06:59 PM

RANDY>>>WHERES YOUR CAR.......

ROB89M3 09-13-2002 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Pat,
I saw Loius' car last 2 thursdays ago at Bavarian.His car is absolutly amazing! He has the Recaro seats I want too!
That is one of the best e30 M3 racecars I've seen!

Here's a pic Of his car.(with more stickers on)