maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (
-   Off-topic (
-   -   wrapped car - insurance question (

kevin325 04-26-2012 11:25 AM

wrapped car - insurance question
If you are wrapping a car to a different color (not painting it) - do you need to change it on your ownership and also notify your insurance company?

MrRWD 04-26-2012 02:59 PM

Yes. It's basically a colour change.


Vehicle Description Changes
You must report a change or data correction for a registered vehicle within six days of the change. These changes include:

Body Type
Fuel Type (Power)
Number of Cylinders
Registered Gross Weight
Make, Model and/or Year
Odometer Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Bring your vehicle permit to any Driver & Vehicle Licence Issuing Office and complete an Application for Registration indicating the changes.

If your vehicle permit contains incorrect information, bring the incorrect permit to any Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. To change the make, model, year and/or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) one of the following documents will also be required.

Copy of New Vehicle Information Statement
Copy of original manufacturer's invoice
Copy of Bill/Certificate of Sale from original dealer
Copy of original Certificate of Title/Origin
Statement from a vehicle dealer on company letterhead explaining the discrepancy
Original vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
For further information please complete our online feedback form, or call the ServiceOntario Driver and Vehicle Licensing Contact Centre at 416-235-2999 or toll free at

motion 04-27-2012 02:23 AM

you have to notify the ministry of change in colour.

INSURANCE doesnt care about colour. UNLESS you put thousands into it and you WANT them to cover it by paying additional PREMIUMS.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018