maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Snowboard Season coming sooooooon! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146650)

Boss17 10-27-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3 (Post 1531650)
^That's great that you have accomodation here, saves you money for other stuff.

I'm planning to get some of my first rides in next month, one weekend or Saturday probably at Zugspitze. The drive is about a hour from my house. I'm really looking forward to a few places in Austria and Switzerland I want to checkout. Has anyone ever been to Adebolden Switzerland? I'm really looking forward to riding there in the next few months.

I'm riding a K2 Raygun, with K2 Cinch CTX bindings and Ride Anthem Boa boots. Boots and bindings I picked up at the beginnig of the season last year, I can't stress how much I love the cinch bindings, I don't think I ever sit down through the day with the step-in setup. Same for the Boa's, super easy to adjust at anytime throughout the day. K2 Raygun I bought on a good deal at the end of last season, rode it once or twice and was very happy with the choice.

Must be nice living there. I'd love to be able to stay in Germany for longer than the two week vacations we usually take there. It's a huge help that my gfs family has a place for us to stay there, saves a lot of money. Take some pics of the Zugspitze and post them up when you get back.

I like the Boa system. My salomans have that kind of system. Definitely more convenient than the usual lacing up.

Your board is looking nice, i like the graphics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim .E. (Post 1531670)
Just confirmed. Heading back up to Lake Placid on November 29th - December 2nd. Buddy has a timeshare and needs to use his points, might as well.

Ohhhh can i come lol. I'm anxiously waiting for it to snow!

bmwmck 10-29-2011 11:33 AM

Got my roof rack.... Ready to go, just need some snow!

cormier 10-29-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwmck (Post 1531659)
Xi with winter tires must be heavenly!

Its fackin amazing -- just got the roof rack bars to complete the setup -- just need the board attachment

Ran some nav rallies last year too I don't care what people say about xis they make themselves useful in the winter 100 times over

Discostar 10-29-2011 01:56 PM

Just bought my 5x7 at Blue a few weeks ago. Ill be there a lot this season.

I'm actually heading up to Calabogie Peaks to try out the new hills there over the holiday season. Vertical is the same as Blue. There arent many runs yet but looks decent, not to mention dirt cheap.

This is only gonna be my second season too. Just got some new boots from 32. The rest of my stuff are 'hand me downs' from friends and family...

bmwmck 10-29-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discostar (Post 1531953)
Just bought my 5x7 at Blue a few weeks ago. Ill be there a lot this season.

I'm actually heading up to Calabogie Peaks to try out the new hills there over the holiday season. Vertical is the same as Blue. There arent many runs yet but looks decent, not to mention dirt cheap.

This is only gonna be my second season too. Just got some new boots from 32. The rest of my stuff are 'hand me downs' from friends and family...

can't go wrong with the 5x7, solid deal!

Boss17 11-14-2011 12:47 AM

I've gotten to the point where I'm checking the weather forecast every now and then to see if it's going to snow. I'm guessing we'll start seeing some snow by mid-December but who knows................

Jim .E. 11-14-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss17 (Post 1534269)
I've gotten to the point where I'm checking the weather forecast every now and then to see if it's going to snow. I'm guessing we'll start seeing some snow by mid-December but who knows................

December 12 - opening day for Blue I believe.

BMWdouche 11-16-2011 12:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My setup:

Board: 2011 LibTech Skate Banana -152
Bindings: 2010 Rome Targa's :)
Boots: K2 T1's

bmwmck 11-20-2011 03:23 PM

Blue's twitter is saying December 10th.. We'll see if the weather cooperates. Got my roof rack so I'm good to go... Still looking for a fairing though

Nice gear douche *th-up*

cormier 11-20-2011 10:45 PM

Dec 10th would be sweet! Still want to get my hands on a cargo box they're soo darned expensive tho

Jim .E. 11-21-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwmck (Post 1535313)
Blue's twitter is saying December 10th.. We'll see if the weather cooperates. Got my roof rack so I'm good to go... Still looking for a fairing though

Nice gear douche *th-up*

My friends and I will be at Blue on the 10th. See you guys there *th-up*

///M-TRD3 11-21-2011 11:00 AM

I rode in Austria yesterday for the first time. Conditions were good, 3000m elevation I believe, 15 minute gondola ride. Best part is it cost less than a day pass at Blue lol.

This was the glacier we went to:

http://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/de/winter/

bmwmck 12-06-2011 11:26 AM

shameless plug, selling goggles. super clean

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ336388974

cormier 12-06-2011 09:51 PM

Anyone know of a cheap roof box for sale? They're like over 600 new :(

bmwmck 12-07-2011 03:01 PM

blue pushed opening day to the 15th. I'm heading up on Dec 20th with some friends