PDA

View Full Version : Interior care

AceOfSpades
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
One question to the detailers here,

the interior of my car is pale grey, close to white(dove grey i think). However my car is an 18yr oldie. the color is in an alright condition, but when i clean it, i can't get that sparkling color(like new). I'm talking about the plastic on the dash

so my question is, what can i use to get back that original shine?

Marky_mark
01-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Use a leather cleaner and conditioner product like Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner this will keep you dash protected and looking like new.

AceOfSpades
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Use a leather cleaner and conditioner product like Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner this will keep you dash protected and looking like new.

i'm already using that one on the seats. I wasn't too keen to use on the plastic, because its an oily like substance. i want my whole interior to look like as white as the shifter area. will the meguiars gold class leather cleaner and conditioner do the job? is it gonna be oily:eek: lol?

this is how the whole interior looks like
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3690/img9898sssst1.jpg

i want it to look as white as the shifter area(shiter/ and shiftboot are going soon for a ZHP and black leather shifter boot;) )
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2194/img9899sssxv3.jpg

Marky_mark
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
If you want your interior to look as white as the shifter area you will need to use a upholstery cleaner on the your door panels and areas of the interior of your car to clean the dirt off first then use leather conditioner to protect it and if you want it to be not so oily use an applicator pad to appliy the leather conditioner get it damp not to wet and this will take the oily look and feel out of it then after you have applied the leather conditioner wipe it down with a microfiber cloth

AceOfSpades
02-04-2008, 12:53 PM
If you want your interior to look as white as the shifter area you will need to use a upholstery cleaner on the your door panels and areas of the interior of your car to clean the dirt off first then use leather conditioner to protect it and if you want it to be not so oily use an applicator pad to appliy the leather conditioner get it damp not to wet and this will take the oily look and feel out of it then after you have applied the leather conditioner wipe it down with a microfiber cloth

which upholstery cleaner would you recomend?

328IScreamer
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
your interior looks like a nightmare to keep clean

AceOfSpades
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
your interior looks like a nightmare to keep clean

LOL you're absolutely right!!
after this E34, i'll try not to buy cars with white interiors*shiner*

Qube
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I see you got the knob on :) Now you need a new shift boot...

Gamite
02-13-2008, 04:54 PM
his doors are all vinyl, essentially plastic. You can use windex to take off that hard dirt. Then wipe it clean with a damp cloth. You can use a vinyl conditioner, like armor all, or whatever afterwards.

AceOfSpades
02-14-2008, 01:29 AM
his doors are all vinyl, essentially plastic. You can use windex to take off that hard dirt. Then wipe it clean with a damp cloth. You can use a vinyl conditioner, like armor all, or whatever afterwards.

seriously?.... i've never thought about that. i'll try it this weekend. is it safe to use on the white paint on the vinyl?

qube, yes, shift boot is gonna be black to spice things up a little bit