PDA

View Full Version : I suggest a new section!

Autotechnica
01-18-2003, 11:50 PM
A section where we can post our rides (pictures, specs, etc) and have people vote for our rides. There should be a few different categories to vote for..

- best suspension
- engine performance
- ICE
- exterior styling
- best wheels
- cleanest car
- etc etc

People can vote each category out of 10 and maybe seperate the different BMW series, much like the voting system we had at bimmercruise. Then each month we can tally the votes and post the car with the best results on the front page till next month when there is a new winner. I just think we should have more articles on member's rides like in magazines readers rides section, we don't get many featured car's on our page so letting Max members decide which car's are worth appearing on the front page is a great idea!

Let me know what you guys think! It's just that sometimes when there isn't any activity on the forums I'd like to browse around and read some articles.

Note.. Randy should not be allowed to participate! I think he's won enough awards and appeared in enough magazines :)

Bry

Gamite
01-19-2003, 01:01 AM
how do you propose we implement this?

mkgino
01-19-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
A section where we can post our rides (pictures, specs, etc) and have people vote for our rides. There should be a few different categories to vote for..

- best suspension
- engine performance
- ICE
- exterior styling
- best wheels
- cleanest car
- etc etc

People can vote each category out of 10 and maybe seperate the different BMW series, much like the voting system we had at bimmercruise. Then each month we can tally the votes and post the car with the best results on the front page till next month when there is a new winner. I just think we should have more articles on member's rides like in magazines readers rides section, we don't get many featured car's on our page so letting Max members decide which car's are worth appearing on the front page is a great idea!

Let me know what you guys think! It's just that sometimes when there isn't any activity on the forums I'd like to browse around and read some articles.

Note.. Randy should not be allowed to participate! I think he's won enough awards and appeared in enough magazines :)

Bry

What we can do is have like overall nominations for car of the month. So every time someone's car gets nominated or something the winner at the end of the month can be Maxbimmers car of the month!

Autotechnica
01-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
how do you propose we implement this?

The same way similar websites have it set up. Whichever users want to participate will create profiles and then just vote for them. I'm sure you can handle the programming aspect of it, if not then maybe someone else can.

Bry

Gamite
01-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Its a good idea, but there's still the question of implementation, and who's gonan have to do all the set up every month etc.. what do you win for being car of the month?

Autotechnica
01-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
Its a good idea, but there's still the question of implementation, and who's gonan have to do all the set up every month etc.. what do you win for being car of the month?

I have no clue, that's why it was just a suggestion.

I would think being on the front page is a good award. I would be really happy if someone voted my car on the site even though I know that would never happen. :P

I guess Bruce would have to update the site monthy if he would be willing to, or I guess we could appoint more moderators to help with the website.

Bry

Gamite
01-19-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
I have no clue, that's why it was just a suggestion.

I would think being on the front page is a good award. I would be really happy if someone voted my car on the site even though I know that would never happen. :P

I guess Bruce would have to update the site monthy if he would be willing to, or I guess we could appoint more moderators to help with the website.

Bry

Probably looking for something a bit more automated.

FastM3
01-19-2003, 04:09 AM
i'll do the website updates once a month if it happens....

mkgino
01-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Why not just have a recommendation of a car for car of the month as a total package, not just on a certain aspect of the car. Then, vote for your favourite car (3 weeks) and the final week of the month, pick the winner and do the write up on them and put em up on the first page!. All done:)

FastM3
01-19-2003, 06:11 PM
ya thats cool....we just do a page like the car of the month now where shaz and Daydream///M3 car's are on now....and once again i don't mind updating that page once a month....