PDA

View Full Version : headlight condensation

Tastic
02-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Ok, I need your help guys. I've got a 99 323i, and there's condensation all over the inside of my driver headlight. It's annoying as hell. The weather in Toronto hasn't exaclty been helping it much either. I'm guessing that the seal isn't tight enough. Does anyone on this board have a solution or suggestion gto fix this?

If I have to replace the whole thing where can I buy it from other than the stealership?

:huh?:

SickFinga
02-11-2002, 01:13 AM
what about warranty on your car?
does it cover headlights?

M52_Alpina
02-11-2002, 01:11 PM
the headlight of your car consists of two parts, headlight housing and the headlight projector. It is normal to have condensation inside since the headlight is built to have big gaps between the projector and the housing. If you want to get rid of the condensation problem, you have to remove the front bumper on your car (two long torx screws near the bottom of your bumper, and 3-4 small screws inside each front fenders), once the bumper is removed, you can see that the headlight housing is holded down by 3-4 screws at the bottom and 6-7 cllips on the side and the top of the housing, remove all the screws and unclip the clips. then the housing will separate from the projector. Use some anti fog on the inside of the housing and your headlight will be condensation free for at least 8 months.. let me know if you need any help.. *th-up*

theblue
02-11-2002, 01:46 PM
just take it to the dealer because it should be covered
Originally posted by Tastic
Ok, I need your help guys. I've got a 99 323i, and there's condensation all over the inside of my driver headlight. It's annoying as hell. The weather in Toronto hasn't exaclty been helping it much either. I'm guessing that the seal isn't tight enough. Does anyone on this board have a solution or suggestion gto fix this?

If I have to replace the whole thing where can I buy it from other than the stealership?

:huh?: