PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be doing an audio project this year ?!??!?

tominizer
01-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I have tons and tons of wiring/parts/amps/speakers/etc up in my attic with the car parts that I need to sell off so I can clean out the space for storage. My wife just put a mountain of stuff in rubbermaid containers and apparently that's where everything is going. Just curious if anyone is doing any builds this spring or if I should just Ebay all this stuff ?

I'm also going to be putting a system into the E30 M3 in the spring, so the extra funding would come in handy too............ as I'm going to need to make a trip to the Fibreglass Factory for supplies.

Anyways, if anyone needs anything, or just help even with design/layout ideas, I'd be more then happy to help out if I can fit it into my schedule. I've been into this stuff for almost 20 years now (on and off) and built countless systems/installs for friends as well as doing some judging on the IASCA Car Audio circuit. That's not to say that I know everything :P but I have some tricks in the bag !! Also more then happy to teach you how to do it yourself .............. that way you'll know how to fix it if it dies. Building a system isn't as hard as one thinks, assuming you keep it pretty simple.

Cheers *smoke*

BMW BMXer
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
If I get a new vehicle I'll be doing a new build. :)

tominizer
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Cool. Let me know if you need any planning help etc.

fayraree
01-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey! I'm planning to do some stuff for my car - e46 M3 cabrio - not entirely audio: OEM nav + bluetooth retrofit and skipass sub upgrade; if I can get decent speaker upgrades (from my HK system) for $400 or less I'll do that too...can you help on any or all of the above? :)

tominizer
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
PM-ed you

fayraree
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
PM replied! Any suggestions for front only/all speakers + amp applications and pricing? Do you have an inventory list?

T.Dot_E30
01-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Whats in your audio plans for the m3 tom?

tominizer
01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Fayraree........ I'll PM you back.

T.Dot E30......... it's a secret !!! Once I start, I'll post a detailed thread about the install. It's won't be crazy painted fibreglassing everywhere but it will be tasteful with a period theme to match the car.............. I think. That's the plan.

$500bimmer
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
im planning on doin something but it'll be big...i already have the equipment. just having a hard time to decide proted or sealed...show or pound....lots of things to consider

fayraree
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the PM, Tom! Waiting to hear from you! ;)

tominizer
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Email me or PM me with your equipment list and what sorts of music you like etc. And I can give you some ideas. Also what kinda car and what sort of install skillz you have (ie. can you fibreglass, are you comfortable is tearing a car apart, etc). *th-up*

$500bimmer
01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
PM'd you!!

rendered
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
i buy and install a new stereo every month... always end up selling it off... I get bored of car stereo's quickly.

what do you have laying around?

tominizer
01-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Rendered........... I know how it is........... I "use to" do the same thing. I've been through countless screens and higher end head units ...... all accept the Alpine F1. Same with speakers and amplifers. Anyways, I'll PM you.