PDA

View Full Version : The For Sale section

Sneaky
01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I think there should be a rule that says that people must put a price if they want to sell something.

Boots R
01-03-2008, 11:23 PM
There is.

328IScreamer
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
not alot of ppl follow it...myself included but i have realized it is a bit annoying and i'm going to start posting prices for stuff i try to sell unless it's a "feeler" sort of thing

Sneaky
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
It may be a rule in the FAQ but they should put it somewhere where its visible. Like under the forum title or something.

The way I see it, were all always looking for something for our car. There is always some mod in the back of your mind you eventually want to do or some rims you eventually want to buy, And if the price is right you'll snap on it.

When sellers say stuff like "Give me offers", it puts pressure on the buyer to actually pull the trigger before they are ready. For example, I eventually want an m3 steering wheel, but its not urgent. If someone goes to me "make me an offer right now". The mindset goes from...being kind of interested to how much do i want to spend this second. It takes all the planning and organization out of it and it also puts off potential buyers.

dulak
01-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I think there should be a rule that says that people must put a price if they want to sell something.

+1.

I am new to the boards and am always on the lookout for stuff, but when there's no price, I just turn away and say eff that.

It definitely turns buyers away.

ZiMMie
01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
It may be a rule in the FAQ but they should put it somewhere where its visible. Like under the forum title or something.

The way I see it, were all always looking for something for our car. There is always some mod in the back of your mind you eventually want to do or some rims you eventually want to buy, And if the price is right you'll snap on it.

When sellers say stuff like "Give me offers", it puts pressure on the buyer to actually pull the trigger before they are ready. For example, I eventually want an m3 steering wheel, but its not urgent. If someone goes to me "make me an offer right now". The mindset goes from...being kind of interested to how much do i want to spend this second. It takes all the planning and organization out of it and it also puts off potential buyers.

Its the Mod's jobs to delete post's that does not have prices attached to them.

jeremy
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
maybe there should be some sort of "fill in" type form that has all the proper criteria....