PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience withgreenlane tires located at greenlane/bayview (more)

Derek330xi
02-10-2002, 09:16 PM
anyone have experience withgreenlane tires located at greenlane/bayview where car wings auto is? i am planning to get m5 replica from them but don't know if i should or not. they have the 17" for $225 and 18" for $300. there have the real m3 carbon black/silver finish on them but i am scare it will come off. i also fear that the rims would bend easily. and they are also willing to let me trade in my old rims, what would be a good price? i have 17" style 98. the 17" i have now with AWD is really good but will the 18" be ok? any suggestions? thanks

AzN_E46
02-10-2002, 10:56 PM
dun really have experience there, but i've been there and during the late fall season when everyone is changing their tires, there are a LOT of ppl. might be the same during early spring too.

Off Topic: does anyone's alignment on their E46 seem to go off really easily?? my dad and my bro say the steering is slightly going towards one side during braking.. :huh?: we last did alignment in November 2001. It's been only 3 months. Sorry bout the OT.

AzN_E46
02-11-2002, 08:56 PM
^^bump^^

can anyone answer my question since noone is answering derek's??

i hope no1 minds taht i'm 'taking over' this thread

Derek330xi
02-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by NOS
^^bump^^

can anyone answer my question since noone is answering derek's??

i hope no1 minds taht i'm 'taking over' this thread
i feel so left out hehe ... my question always have very few reply ... in this case no reply at all :( :( :(

Bliss
02-11-2002, 09:14 PM
I don;t have any experience with that shop. I'm too west coast for you guys.:P The 18" rims will be fine for your car, just make sure you get the right offset for your car. All the replicas that i've seen weren't bad at all. They were actually really good, and just missing the little "m" logo in the middle. The ones that i have seen were made in Germany and were really good quality. I wouldn't think that the paint would come off....lets hope not. As for the rim being bent, thats a possibility if its a cheap rim and made of a soft steel. I would suggest doing a little more research on them. USUALLY the german made ones are really good.

AzN_E46
02-11-2002, 09:19 PM
how bout my question??:( some1 plz answer it.....*sleep*

im too lazy to make a new thread......just make this a two question thread.

Bliss
02-11-2002, 09:25 PM
Sorry NOS, didnt see your question, haha. My alignment was fine on my E46 until i lowered it, which is still messed up. I have to go and get it done soon. Do you mean it was like this from new? Did you hit anything maybe?

AzN_E46
02-11-2002, 09:37 PM
umm...it was like this since like Aug or sept.....got the car in nov.2000......
got an alignment in Nov. 2001...now it's screwed again. well that's wat my dad and bro says. i dun drive....:(
my mom does go a bit fast over speed bumps and bumps......lol, i keep sayin 'ow' everytime she goes quicker thru bumps.

not sure wats wrong wit da suspension.:(

BTW derek, go for 100 posts today......you only need 1 more post:)

Derek330xi
02-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by NOS
umm...it was like this since like Aug or sept.....got the car in nov.2000......
got an alignment in Nov. 2001...now it's screwed again. well that's wat my dad and bro says. i dun drive....:(
my mom does go a bit fast over speed bumps and bumps......lol, i keep sayin 'ow' everytime she goes quicker thru bumps.

not sure wats wrong wit da suspension.:(

BTW derek, go for 100 posts today......you only need 1 more post:)
anything u say hehe :P my 100th post *par-t* *par-t* *par-t*