PDA

View Full Version : interior trim removal

325isStephen
12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
hey guys, want to hook up my amp and subs and was wondering how the kick panel, door sil, and the rear seat area pieces are removed without breaking them. i would just dive in but i really don't want broken clips and loose pieces afterwards. i have searched around a bit and couldn't find an existing thread on this

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

FuryriderX
12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
kick panel is easy. one screw at the speaker, then pull out the weatherstripping, and the kick should come out. on the drivers side you have to take off the hood release (2 bolts, i think they're 10mm)

rear seat, the bottom cushions just pull up and out. backrest has 2 bolts down where the seatbelts attach (think they're 10mm too), then slides up and out. very easy.

door sills are the hardest. they're held on by plastic clips that are an absolute bitch to get off without cracking the sill. i would recommend using a long flat screwdriver, and prying GENTLY! once you pop one or two clips out, itll slide out of the others. i think there's 5 in total. you may have to pry harder than you think, but it will come off eventually.

325isStephen
12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
cool, thanks alot, definitely will be a big help. the sill is what i was afraid of though, and I really don't want to crack, or break anything. but i have one more question, what side would be best to run my wires from the HU, i was thinking passenger jsut because of where the battery is and my amp being on that side

thanks

86coupe30
12-19-2007, 05:07 PM
or use a button popper. just like a bit forkbasically be rreal carefull with the sils the break so easy

E30M42cab
12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
there should be a sill that the battery cable sits in on the passenger side if you pull up the carpet a bit. dig around for it and you'll find it.

325isStephen
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
thanks for the help guys, so you think passenger side would be easiest for routing then?

thanks again

FuryriderX
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
i routed the rca's and speaker wires on the driver side. if you put them near the power cable you can get noise in the rca's.

i drilled a good size hole in the sheet metal near the base of the seat to put the wires through. if you dont want to do that there's more holes up under the rear deck. put something to guard the edges of the hole, no matter where it is, or else it'll cut the cables for sure.

325isStephen
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
alright thanks man, appreciate all the help

probably do this tomorrow or the weekend. definitely missing the bass i used to have in my truck. but the fun of driving an e30 definitely makes up for it :)