PDA

View Full Version : My uncles 911 Carrera 4S!!!!!!!

BMW_M52_M20
01-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Can't remember if I have posted these pics before, but anyway enjoy.
Oh yeah, it is a carrera 4S, same as carrera but modified, all the turbo mods, turbo exhaust, and different headers, Bigger brakes (Turbo) adjustable rear spoiler (Power). 345bhp, an man it is Flippin Fast!
Cheers
Jay

BMW_M52_M20
01-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Rear shot....Sweet!

FastM3
01-17-2003, 12:17 AM
DAAAAAAAAMN!!!! *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

he must of worked his ass off to buy that thing eh?

EMPOWERD
01-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Nice car. It has 320HP and nothing motor wise different than an normal N/A 996 Carrera... the only differences is the turbo wheels, brakes, front bumper, tail lights, rear light bar and suspension.

///M3Boy28
01-17-2003, 01:31 AM
*love* Love.....Shit is sick. Does he take you around to whip it and tear apart the roads?

SickFinga
01-17-2003, 02:13 AM
that yellow crap you have on your driveway is AWESOME, if I were you I would find a hammer, hit my uncle in the head and drive away in unknown direction.

Soldo
01-17-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
Nice car. It has 320HP and nothing motor wise different than an normal N/A 996 Carrera... the only differences is the turbo wheels, brakes, front bumper, tail lights, rear light bar and suspension.
and HOW EXACTLY do you know whats under the hood?!?!?
:confused:

EMPOWERD
01-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
and HOW EXACTLY do you know whats under the hood?!?!?
:confused:

Are you kidding? I know almost as much about Porsche as I do BMW.... I browse Porsche forums, subscribe to numerous Porsche magazines, member of the Porsche club of Canada... my dad owns a 996 Carrera and i'm currently working on my project car... '96 Porsche GT2

Miguel
01-17-2003, 03:51 AM
Are you kidding? I know almost as much about Porsche as I do BMW.... I browse Porsche forums, subscribe to numerous Porsche magazines, member of the Porsche club of Canada... my dad owns a 996 Carrera and i'm currently working on my project car... '96 Porsche GT2

RaNDy OwNZ JoO!!

BMW_M52_M20
01-17-2003, 04:40 AM
Yo randy man, my uncle has already changed the headers. My bad, he did that as an upgrade already same with the intake system, it has been dynoed at 345bhp.
Jay

BMW_M52_M20
01-17-2003, 04:42 AM
Oh yeah, to the other questions, my uncle has two other porsches, a '72 911e targa, and a 1987 944 turbo with so many mods, it is running at 405bhp, he races it. He is the VP of Porsche Club.
Jay

EMPOWERD
01-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is
Yo randy man, my uncle has already changed the headers. My bad, he did that as an upgrade already same with the intake system, it has been dynoed at 345bhp.
Jay

Sorry, MY bad.... but still. He's not going to get 25hp from headers and intake. I know someone that makes carbon fiber intake systems for Porsche and he told me that with all their testing and R&D they only managed to squeeze an additional 3hp out of the stock motor. Porsche builds a very effiecient package. In the first post you mentioned he had a Turbo exhaust which is impossible. The turbo exhaust would never fit the N/A models because it's designed to come off 2 turbo chargers as opposed to headers. One last thing... that car is 4wd and last I knew there are no 4wd dynos here in Western Canada so I highly doubt it's been dynoed.

FastM3
01-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
RaNDy OwNZ JoO!!

hahahaahah there is that picture again!!! :D :D :D

///Greco540
01-17-2003, 01:19 PM
If only I could get my hands on this one....

Shotta
01-17-2003, 01:49 PM
4 wheel dyno? ive never seen those either:huh?:

Rolled_Out
01-17-2003, 03:29 PM
haha nice car, my buddys dad got one STRICTLY for the winter, hes retarted he only drives it in the snow and freeezing cold .. i spend quite a bit of time in it, and its SO DAMN SMALLLLLLLLLL oh my lord theres barely any room for anything in there...
It is a pretty quick car though, but for the $ i'd rather get something else.. (or 2 cars!),
We try to do little runs w/ brians 02 m3, and there basically the same.. they keep even, but off the line the porsche eats it.... the m3 catches up rather quickly after... i'll post some pics when i get home, but i only have night shots..
It's also a fun car to beat up!!

mkgino
01-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
haha nice car, my buddys dad got one STRICTLY for the winter, hes retarted he only drives it in the snow and freeezing cold .. i spend quite a bit of time in it, and its SO DAMN SMALLLLLLLLLL oh my lord theres barely any room for anything in there...
It is a pretty quick car though, but for the $ i'd rather get something else.. (or 2 cars!),
We try to do little runs w/ brians 02 m3, and there basically the same.. they keep even, but off the line the porsche eats it.... the m3 catches up rather quickly after... i'll post some pics when i get home, but i only have night shots..
It's also a fun car to beat up!!

Ahh, the pleasure of money!

Rolled_Out
01-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Ahh, the pleasure of money!
yah hes a lucky kid.... i wish my dad drove anything remotely close to that!
his dads summer car: ferrari 360 spider :)
sickkkkkkkk

Soldo
01-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Sorry, MY bad.... but still. He's not going to get 25hp from headers and intake. I know someone that makes carbon fiber intake systems for Porsche and he told me that with all their testing and R&D they only managed to squeeze an additional 3hp out of the stock motor. Porsche builds a very effiecient package. In the first post you mentioned he had a Turbo exhaust which is impossible. The turbo exhaust would never fit the N/A models because it's designed to come off 2 turbo chargers as opposed to headers. One last thing... that car is 4wd and last I knew there are no 4wd dynos here in Western Canada so I highly doubt it's been dynoed.
hey GENIUS, i meant how do you know whats under THAT SPECIFIC porsches HOOD!!!!!
but thanks for comin out!!!
;)
:D

SickFinga
01-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ///Greco540

OMG!!!!!!
///Greco540, so nice

///Greco540
01-17-2003, 07:05 PM
SickFinga.. Side view....

mkgino
01-17-2003, 07:06 PM

Maybe if since he races it and is president of the Porsche club, he has access to something like that sort of a dyno, maybe in the states:confused:
I would like to know this too..........

Rolled_Out
01-17-2003, 07:08 PM
heres some crappy pics i took while my buddy was driving..
i'll try and get some better shots when the weather warms up... stupid canada

why do the crazy porsche xenons look like crap in the pic?
i hate that....! i guess the flash screws them up

EMPOWERD
01-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
hey GENIUS, i meant how do you know whats under THAT SPECIFIC porsches HOOD!!!!!
but thanks for comin out!!!
;)
:D

Because dimwit, he listed the mods on the VERY FIRST POST and nothing there showed an improvement of 25hp. duh.:rolleyes:

.....modified, all the turbo mods, turbo exhaust, and different headers, Bigger brakes (Turbo) adjustable rear spoiler (Power). 345bhp, .....

Rolled_Out
01-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Because dimwit,

lol

PBalla
01-18-2003, 07:20 PM
*th-up*
Race it...take vid...

but might as well start :moon: b/c u gonna get raped, but still be fun to see :D

Rolled_Out
01-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Pharshballa
*th-up*
Race it...take vid...

but might as well start :moon: b/c u gonna get raped, but still be fun to see :D who race what?

Bob Loblaw
01-19-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ///Greco540

Wow, that one is unbelievable! All black with black rims. The ultimate!

PBalla
01-19-2003, 03:15 AM
who race what?

his bimmer vs carrera

EMPOWERD
01-19-2003, 03:23 AM
who race what?

Danny, I think you should change your sig soon... people are starting to think you have an E46 M3 with a (photoshop'd) intercooler.

Rolled_Out
01-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Pharshballa
his bimmer vs carrera
im sure the bimmer would win, bry is a much better driver, and i believe the M3 is tested a tad quicker in the 1/4.. correct me if im wrong.

what bout the other 8 people on here who got m3's in there sig!
If you can't tell that intercooler is photoshopped your retarted lol

IVAN
01-19-2003, 06:09 AM
ha ha Randy is Mafia knows all about cars...

It's not a problem to know spec about cars... I almost know for all Bimmers ...*th-up*

I learnd all those digits when they compared 2000 BMW M5 vs 2000 Mercedes Benz AMG E55 *th-up* :idea:

familysedan
01-19-2003, 07:25 AM
I believe there is one option named X51 package could bring 996 to 345 hp though.......
nice C4S:P

BMW_M52_M20
01-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I dunno, I would highly doubt that my uncle would lie to me, the dyno.....hmmmmmm?
Oh well, he told me 345bhp, who cares 25bhp, well, all know is the 4S is way sicker then the regular carrera, a way better exhaust as well.

He still hasn't let me drive it yet. I've driven his 944 turbo which is really nice, but it usually is set up for racing so I can't really peg it to hard on the real roads, considering the suspension is race set up, the tires are racing tires with hardly any grip on the road. It's weird, those tires follow all the grooves in the road.

The '72 911 Targa is just an all around fun car to drive. I love the sound of the older porsches too!
Jay

Soldo
01-20-2003, 02:16 AM
I dunno, I would highly doubt that my uncle would lie to me, the dyno.....hmmmmmm?
Oh well, he told me 345bhp, who cares 25bhp, well, all know is the 4S is way sicker then the regular carrera, a way better exhaust as well.

Jay

sorry to dissagree with you here, but i dissagree, i don't like the fact that porsche put an AWD system in their cars, it just makes it SLOWER, i mean look at the TURBO and the GT2, main difference, other than power, is WEIGHT, and one of those reductions was taking out the AWD system, so i mean.............i'd rather take a REGULAR carerra!
*wave*

///Greco540
01-20-2003, 12:54 PM
So then you have the same feeling about lambo when they decided to fit the Murcielago with AWD?