PDA

View Full Version : Limit Number of posts each day.

ROB89M3
01-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Guys,if you can limit the number of posts each user can post to only 11,then there would be more constructive talk on the forum.

Just a thought.

mkgino
01-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Guys,if you can limit the number of posts each user can post to only 11,then there would be more constructive talk on the forum.

Just a thought.
*thmbsdwn*

Kal
01-16-2003, 09:22 PM
ya i don't like that suggestion either

*thmbsdwn*

ROB89M3
01-16-2003, 09:23 PM
uh oh...all the post whores are starting to attack me..... :D

You guys don't like constructive talk? :confused:

Kal
01-16-2003, 09:25 PM
lol

i have 2.57 posts a day compared to ur 8.78 ... lol

if u wanted to limit the amount of posts, we should make the cut off at 8 or something..cuz there isn't too many ppl here (if any) with 11+ post per day!

but i think its a ridiculous idea..who cares about post whores...

*smoke*

ROB89M3
01-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Kal
lol

i have 2.57 posts a day compared to ur 8.78 ... lol

if u wanted to limit the amount of posts, we should make the cut off at 8 or something..cuz there isn't too many ppl here (if any) with 11+ post per day!

but i think its a ridiculous idea..who cares about post whores...

*smoke*

I've been on the forum WAAAAY longer than you have. Most of my posts are pretty constructive/helpful/insightful,sometimes critical (but I have to defemd myself at times) *angel*

M50E30
01-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Here is my suggestion for you Rob.....Shut The Fu@k Up! What a useless thread. :D

M-ATTACK
01-16-2003, 09:53 PM
dont u have over 3000 posts?

i think u should cut down

AMG_POWER
01-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Limit only ROBS posts lol JKn

Mr seville
01-17-2003, 04:56 PM
posterette patch you use it when you have a craving to post:D ****ing guy what a useless thread:D :rolleyes:

Kal
01-17-2003, 05:00 PM
rob was just tryin to get his post count up by startin this thread...pretty ironic huh

lol j/k

:D

:moon:

FatDaddyBMW
01-18-2003, 06:03 PM

Just a thought.

Rob,

I would agree with that idea because of people trying to get their post count up to 300 just for a damn avatar, BUT. . .

I just joined a day or two ago, and my post count is already almost (or over) 30. That means my average post per day is pretty high. Yesterday, my post count was like 26.

Have you looked at my posts? It's not "yo yo, I like phat rimz, so gimme sum ideaz"

I actually try and contribute to the board and give constructive insight. Do you really want to cut down on the number of those kinds of posts?

Trust me, if they cut down on the number of posts, people will find a way to post a lot. They'll either get another ID with a second e-mail address (hell, I have like 8 e-mail addresses, lol) or find some other way.

Keep up the good work, though, Rob! Just 'cuz you have one bad idea doesn't make you an idiot!! : -)

FastM3
01-19-2003, 04:12 AM
jeeesus you guys are ripping the poor guy apart........
.................................................. good job! jks

anyways rob, lol, your right about the more constructive part, but whats the point of having a "off topic" forum, for us to have some fun....i say no, sorry

BoBimmer
01-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Ok look FAT DADDY! You really are starting to bug me! You know what if you dont like a thread and you dont agree with the motives behind it then just stay the F*CK out of it! I post plenty of productive stuff trust me! So the other day myself and a couple of other members happened to be online at the same time and decided to add on to a pretty funny thread that we had going between us. And at the same time add to our post numbers so we could get avatars and an increased enjoyment out of MAXBIMMER! I thought this site was for members to enjoy, no??
But then you had to come in with your $.01 and just screw it up! So in the future if you open a thread and it doesn't look like a thread of you caliber just move on and go to another thread! Please just dont screw it up for the people that do happen to be enjoying it! And that goes to whatever moderator is deleting the stuff too, you know who you are!*uzi* :moon: *no-no*

ROB89M3
01-19-2003, 07:19 PM
The truth hurts BoB,doesn't it.......

You know,this is just to keep topics from getting out of hand.
I have seen other forums do it,and they have really great discussions. If you like reading *junk posts* then go to another forum!
This is a BMW forum. Yes there is an off topic section,but that doesn't mean that you or others can get into an insulting competition with other users or calling people bad names and stuff like that.(I have been reading too much crap lately...)

Keeping the number of posts to a limit,will discourage users from attacking other members with rediculous posts.....This will help keep the forum clean and help the moderators somewhat as well.

This is just a suggestion. I don't run the forum.

*th-up*

Kal
01-19-2003, 07:22 PM
The truth hurts BoB,doesn't it.......

You know,this is just to keep topics from getting out of hand.
I have seen other forums do it,and they have really great discussions. If you like reading *junk posts* then go to another forum!
This is a BMW forum. Yes there is an off topic section,but that doesn't mean that you or others can get into an insulting competition with other users or calling people bad names and stuff like that.(I have been reading too much crap lately...)

Keeping the number of posts to a limit,will discourage users from attacking other members with rediculous posts.....This will help keep the forum clean and help the moderators somewhat as well.

This is just a suggestion. I don't run the forum.

*th-up*

ROB!!!!!! do u not see that you have one of the highest post averages on this site!!!!!!!!

according to your theory... ppl who post a lot don't always post useful shit right?! If u limit the number of posts that means 'your constructive posts' are gonna be affected too..why u ask!? cuz u have one of the HIGHEST POST AVERAGE ON THIS SITE

ur whole arguement is contradicting

kal

p.s. now stop tryin to get ur post count up with this thread:madnoel:

ROB89M3
01-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Kal
ROB!!!!!! do u not see that you have one of the highest post averages on this site!!!!!!!!

Do you not see what day I registered in 2001? :rolleyes:

ues I will be affected too....

Kal
01-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Do you not see what day I registered in 2001? :rolleyes:

ues I will be affected too....

does that matter?!?

we're talkin bout average posts per day!!

not how many posts u have in total or when u registered

BoBimmer
01-19-2003, 07:30 PM
*sleep* Ok Rob I think you are just mad because everyone always attacks you! I personally have never attacked you and I think almost the only reason your posts are so high is because you are always defending yourself in these huge flamer threads! So I think this useless thread should be deleted!@ MODERATOR PLEASE COME EXTINGUISH THIS FLAME!!!!

BoBimmer
01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes when you registered doesnt really matter it just means you have been posting more useless crap on MAXBIMMER for longer than most other people!

Kal
01-19-2003, 07:35 PM
BoBimmer relax guy..lol

nobody is fighting or flaming...just a useless discussion...nobody's dissin on nobody .. lets keep it like that

mkgino
01-19-2003, 07:36 PM
lol, why do robs posts all always end up in a flame war??:confused:

ROB89M3
01-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
lol, why do robs posts all always end up in a flame war??:confused:

Good damn question MKGino !*sad*

FatDaddyBMW
01-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BoBimmer
Ok look FAT DADDY! You really are starting to bug me! You know what if you dont like a thread and you dont agree with the motives behind it then just stay the F*CK out of it! I post plenty of productive stuff trust me! So the other day myself and a couple of other members happened to be online at the same time and decided to add on to a pretty funny thread that we had going between us. And at the same time add to our post numbers so we could get avatars and an increased enjoyment out of MAXBIMMER! I thought this site was for members to enjoy, no??
But then you had to come in with your $.01 and just screw it up! So in the future if you open a thread and it doesn't look like a thread of you caliber just move on and go to another thread! Please just dont screw it up for the people that do happen to be enjoying it! And that goes to whatever moderator is deleting the stuff too, you know who you are!*uzi* :moon: *no-no*

Bobo, or whatever your real name is:

My name is Brad. You can call me Brad, not Fat Daddy. My name is in my sig file (unlike some people, lol) so that they can call me by my real name. Anyway. . .

It's a free country, sweetheart. We're all allowed to post whatever the hell we want as long as we abide by the rules. Have you even read the FAQs and the rules of posting, by the way?

If I see something that I feel like replying to, then I'm allowed to reply to it. If the moderators feel that it was vulgar, off-topic, deriding, etc, then they have the power to delete that thread or post and even kick me off the board. We all agreed to these terms by joining Maxbimmer.

The first post I made in this thread was in disagreement to Rob. I respected him, though. I did NOT light his ass up. You, on the other hand, have chosen to try and make me look like an idiot and tell me I can't reply to any of your wasteful, off-topic threads.

It's people like you that keep me on the Roadfly e28 board for the most part. At least those people are considerate and respectful. The two main reasons I'm even on this board are: 1) there are a LOT of M50/S50 swaps in e30s here. I'm interested in something like that for my e28, so I need the info. AND 2) I respect Randy Sparre as a person and as a fellow Bimmerhead. I just got to formally introduce myself (via e-mail, albeit) to him last night, but that doesn't keep me from learning about him and his car and letting him know that I respect him. Because of that, I chose to come here to hang out with cool people like him.

You've already started talking about going to e30sport.net. Go ahead, bucko. You don't see anyone here missing you. If you don't like what I say or how I say it and the post is still here, then you can just press that X at the top right hand of your screen and close that post down.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets deleted by the moderators, and I respect that. This thread's gotten way off topic and is completely pointless now. Thanks for making this thread pointless, Bobo.

FatDaddyBMW
01-19-2003, 11:47 PM
*sleep* Ok Rob I think you are just mad because everyone always attacks you! I personally have never attacked you and I think almost the only reason your posts are so high is because you are always defending yourself in these huge flamer threads! So I think this useless thread should be deleted!@ MODERATOR PLEASE COME EXTINGUISH THIS FLAME!!!!

Do you even know what a flame is? The only flaming going on is on your part.

Please learn to act your age. You'll enjoy yourself more; others will enjoy your company more; and you may actually get some information for once!!! :)

mkgino
01-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Comon guys kiss and make up, and lets get back to flaming Rob, the way it should be :P

Jase
01-20-2003, 12:19 AM
I've been on the forum WAAAAY longer than you have. Most of my posts are pretty constructive/helpful/insightful,sometimes critical (but I have to defemd myself at times) *angel*

really..seems to me you rather pick fights with members by giving harsh opinions insted of useful info. then you say it is a public forum or I can say whatever I want.. Wait wait heres one recently used .. but I have to defend myself!!. HAHHA. but when someone says anything to you that is harsh it is ok to be bent about it.. you whine about getting flamed.. YOU BRING IT ON YOURSELF!..
you call this a constructive thread.. seems you have a lot of posts on many boards ..so who's the whore???;)

FatDaddyBMW
01-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Comon guys kiss and make up, and lets get back to flaming Rob, the way it should be :P

Kiss my :moon:

Just kiddin!! *angel*

Kal
01-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by FatDaddyBMW
Kiss my :moon:

Just kiddin!! *angel*

holly shit..u have like 30 posts per day!!! that's ****ed up..lol

i see a rookie of the year for post whoring comming up

lol..just kiddin*angel*

FatDaddyBMW
01-20-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Kal
holly shit..u have like 30 posts per day!!! that's ****ed up..lol

i see a rookie of the year for post whoring comming up

lol..just kiddin*angel*

What's funny is that none of my posts are "Heyi'mtryingtogetmypostcountupbecauseiwantadamnava tar" :D

I actually try to contribute at least a LITTLE bit of useful info along with my stupid posts :)

EMPOWERD
01-20-2003, 02:28 AM
.... And that goes to whatever moderator is deleting the stuff too, you know who you are!*uzi* :moon: *no-no*

BoBimmer,

wow, relax a bit bro... for the record, the moderator cannot delete any posts.. only the website owner (Administrator: BLISS) can do that. So you'll have to answer to him.

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE....

Instead of reposting directly after you just posted because you forgot to add something (or whatever)... there's a nifty little thing you can do to your own posts...it's called EDIT on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. That way you can add to your first post instead of cluttering up the thread with more sigs and shit. There's a time limit to edit, but I noticed most of you do it within 5 mins of each post. I think the time limit is 20 mins. Look back at THIS thread and see what I mean... the post times are in the corner under your avatar.

Jase
01-20-2003, 02:37 AM
And that goes to whatever moderator is deleting the stuff too, you know who you are!*uzi* :moon: *no-no*

man you should relax. If bliss deleted some of your posts which I think he has explained than it is his website and has every right to pull your posts. Have you read SOME of your posts. Can a avatar be that important?. arguing with moderator will only hurt you in the end. I am not flaming you man.. so take it in stride. An avatar is a waste of time and keystokes to fight about.
:huh?:

BoBimmer
01-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by FatDaddyBMW
Rob,

I would agree with that idea because of people trying to get their post count up to 300 just for a damn avatar, BUT. . .

I just joined a day or two ago, and my post count is already almost (or over) 30. That means my average post per day is pretty high. Yesterday, my post count was like 26.

Have you looked at my posts? It's not "yo yo, I like phat rimz, so gimme sum ideaz"

I actually try and contribute to the board and give constructive insight. Do you really want to cut down on the number of those kinds of posts?

Trust me, if they cut down on the number of posts, people will find a way to post a lot. They'll either get another ID with a second e-mail address (hell, I have like 8 e-mail addresses, lol) or find some other way.

Keep up the good work, though, Rob! Just 'cuz you have one bad idea doesn't make you an idiot!! : -)

By the way you are the one that started bad mouthing me here about my avatar thread and came in and ruined my avatar thread. So all I was expaining is that your internet has that same little "x" in the right corner so if you dont like what I am saying or only have negative comment then DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! Sorry to sound like my mother but seriously! I dont mess up anyone elses threads until this one I do appologize to Rob for that and I would appreciate no one coming and messing up or deleting my threads THYANK YOU@

BoBimmer
01-20-2003, 03:27 AM
Well by doing this whole thing I am just trying to say that it is the stupidist thing I have ever heard that you must have 300 posts to get an avatar so here goes nothing I will have an avatar by tomorrow morning then you guys can all just back off of me! And I will never post whore again I will just go back to my small little E30 world and leave you guys alone!*par-t*

Bliss
01-20-2003, 03:31 AM
Well by doing this whole thing I am just trying to say that it is the stupidist thing I have ever heard that you must have 300 posts to get an avatar so here goes nothing I will have an avatar by tomorrow morning then you guys can all just back off of me! And I will never post whore again I will just go back to my small little E30 world and leave you guys alone!*par-t*

How about closing a thread? Is that ok with you?

Damn, you're on a role BoBimmer.

Btw, Moderators can delete and edit posts the same way i can.