PDA

View Full Version : cheapest place to get tires installed

oldskool3
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey guys I finally bought some winters for the golf and I need to get the installed anybody know of any cheap places to get my tires mounted on rims? Thanks a lot

carjoe
12-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Costco is something like $8/tire...

I think my guy does it for $10/tire. Where are you in the city?

everlast
12-05-2007, 04:05 AM
Carling Tire is cheap, I've got it done for $25 when he's not busy for four, cash. Near the corner of Carling / Maitland, in the Sunoco garage (with all the tires in it.)

oldskool3
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Costco is something like $8/tire...

I think my guy does it for $10/tire. Where are you in the city?

I am around fisher and meadowlands.

Carling Tire is cheap, I've got it done for $25 when he's not busy for four, cash. Near the corner of Carling / Maitland, in the Sunoco garage (with all the tires in it.)

Jay thats super cheap I will have to drop in. I am sure he will be stupid busy but it can't hurt to try. If not ill try Costco. Thanks guys!

bmdbley'sBro
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
^ yeah $25 is cheap!!

bmdoubleya
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I think that guy is a idiot.. I tried to give him buisness on 3 different occasions for my self and friends and he would not give the time of day..

Good luck with him though.

Bob Loblaw
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Costco ftw.

oldskool3
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I think that guy is a idiot.. I tried to give him buisness on 3 different occasions for my self and friends and he would not give the time of day..

Good luck with him though.

Are you talking about the dude at carling tire? What happened. I am planning on going there after my exam on friday but I would prefer not to have to deal with a morron to save 10 dollars. Especially after getting no sleep from studying all night. *thmbsdwn*

bmdoubleya
12-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Are you talking about the dude at carling tire? What happened. I am planning on going there after my exam on friday but I would prefer not to have to deal with a morron to save 10 dollars. Especially after getting no sleep from studying all night. *thmbsdwn*

Stop by see if you can get more then 2 words out of him.. Maybe it was just me but I got a bad vibe from him. It's the same place jay's talking about..

everlast
12-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Probably couldn't get a word out of him as he only speaks the Espanol and is from Brazil. In any case, if you go to costco / cnd tire / etc, good luck with that. Most have a few days wait for appointments, and Costco doesn't take them so you have to show up at 7am and wait.

Edit: YMMV, just pointing out my own experiences.

chromius
12-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd have to aggree with Dave. I tried dealing with the Carling tire guy, and he came off as a bit of an A-hole. Talked to them on the phone, and he told me to come in to get the tires installed, and when I actually went in, he said "sorry, I stopped taking people at noon. Try again another day." I was pretty pissed. Endded up going to Crappy tire...they were expensive though. So I would say give Costco a try.

Nascar318is
12-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Crowbar and Vaseline, do it at home! Jeez you guys never want to get your hands dirty! I just installed a Cherry bomb exhaust on my new civic so watch out! j/k :)

Jesse if this is not done and you swing by bucktown with your bro maybe I can hook you up at a shop for cheap cheap.. But most places is around the $10 mark for mount and balance..

Spennie
12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
If you need somebody with a costco membership I can help you out :D

If you go to the one on Merivale you may see the nice e60 M5 w/ the 17" winters that's always around. Maybe it belongs to somebody that works there? Who the hell drives an M5 like that in winter anyways lol....

Nascar318is
12-11-2007, 08:55 AM

If you go to the one on Merivale you may see the nice e60 M5 w/ the 17" winters that's always around. Maybe it belongs to somebody that works there? Who the hell drives an M5 like that in winter anyways lol....

Probablly the owner.. those places are gold mines. And now it's not even cheaper then anywhere else, that's why I let go my membership..

Jamil20
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Someone that works on Colonnade has an E60 M5. It might be just him picking up groceries. :) Is it silver?

chromius
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
There are three of them that I always see down on Elgin St. A black one, a purple one, and a silver one. All winter driven.

carjoe
12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
If I had an M5, I'd be driving it all year round too...

everlast
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I keeps my membership just for teh frozen popcorn chicken and propane for the BBQ!!!1!!

oldskool3
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Update: I called carling tire. He pretty much told me he was going to be busy until spring. So I was going to deals 4 wheels for $10 but while driving the car there it started making noise while braking and the throttle was sticking so I am just going to get it all done at my mech. hopefully for free!

Nascar318is
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
There are three of them that I always see down on Elgin St. A black one, a purple one, and a silver one. All winter driven.

They ain't ballers man, what about that guy with the M8 in Orleans, winter driving!!! Joey you might have to back me up here lol*uzi*

Adam, I'll have to check elgin out more often, too F**ing cold to go for lunch up there, but however, I will be there Thursday night for our staff party(Griffs)

chromius
12-11-2007, 10:13 PM
They ain't ballers man, what about that guy with the M8 in Orleans

M8?:confused: You mean M6?

chromius
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Adam, I'll have to check elgin out more often, too F**ing cold to go for lunch up there, but however, I will be there Thursday night for our staff party(Griffs)

For sure man...give me a shout if you're around.*th-up*

Nascar318is
12-11-2007, 11:15 PM
M8?:confused: You mean M6?

Nope M8 lol The guys over on Redliners see this clown all the time in orleans. Reminds me of buddy with the M3's/325 at M and M..

carjoe
12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
I think that guy lives around me. I see him on Innes all the time. Poor car. That man has a gold medal in riceology. M5 ain't nothing. M8 is where it's at bishes!

Hell, I'd be driving an E46 all winter too.

chromius
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Nope M8 lol The guys over on Redliners see this clown all the time in orleans. Reminds me of buddy with the M3's/325 at M and M..

LMAO...oh man. I just thought it was a typo. I didn't think there was anyone dumb enough to actually put an M8 badge on any car. That poor thing.:(

ecuconnection
12-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I would love to be there when a person asks him whats under the hood... guaranteed a laugh... infact that mod is so bad you cant find it on ebay haha