PDA

View Full Version : Rolling fenders...

djcontra
02-10-2002, 01:38 PM
wanna do mine? =)

Bliss
02-10-2002, 02:50 PM
When i first made my order for my wheels, i ordered 19 by 10 in the rear and was gonna run 265 width tires. I was planning on rolling my fenders UNTIL i spoke to to a couple of autobodies. They told me that rolling my fenders is extremely risky of cracking my paint, and none can guarantee it from happening, and if it did crack it would cost me a fortune to fix. Well since my car only has 7000kms on it, i changed my mind on the fat wheels, and got the same width all the way around. Thought i would share.:)

djcontra
02-10-2002, 03:05 PM
my car needs a paintjob anyways
my car was keyed pretty badly in a parking lot =(
so i can't wait until i get a body kit on so i can paint the car

330DTM
02-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Well I'm sure there's a way to get around that.

My friend got his fenders rolled, but they also heated up the paint first so that it wouldn't crack.

Well so far no problems...

Maciek
02-10-2002, 07:56 PM
do you guys know who has a fender roller in
Toronoto?

i need mine done (e36)

Mike

EMPOWERD
02-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Colin at Wheels Direct.... they have one exactly like that one. I see them use it all the time.

Bliss
02-11-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
Colin at Wheels Direct.... they have one exactly like that one. I see them use it all the time.
Randy, Wheels Direct doesnt do fender rolling anymore. I called them up that time and they told me they don't do it anymore, and to take my car to an autobody. You can rent one from Tire Rack i think for a small price.

Dluxazn58
02-12-2002, 12:50 AM
WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! SWEEEEETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so do body shops do that???
I NEEd TO GET THAT DONE!!!
someone bent my fender in while she was pulling up to park in the spot next to me...

how much does it cost?? I've been to a ricer site where they just use a baseball bat to roll fenders...*th-up*