PDA

View Full Version : anyone owns X3?? how does it feel??

summit425
11-27-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't know I keep want to get something AWD..and BMW..

I like e46 or e90 but I think I should try SAV too.

I don't like X5 because it is too big for my purpose and I think gas mileage is really bad..

Maybe 2004 X3 ?

What do you think??

rendered
11-27-2007, 11:40 PM
honestly, I didn't like the one I had for a while. I actually despise these little things.

e46silver
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Personally, I wouldn't get the X3... it doesn't look good at all... However, X5 is NICE!! But as you said, it is kinda big and it eats gas like crazy. Go with 335xi if you want AWD... now that is a beautiful car.. wish I have the money. :)

summit425
11-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Personally, I wouldn't get the X3... it doesn't look good at all... However, X5 is NICE!! But as you said, it is kinda big and it eats gas like crazy. Go with 335xi if you want AWD... now that is a beautiful car.. wish I have the money. :)

lol I love to have 335xi...well....335xi coupe Alpine white.....

Zim Zimma
11-28-2007, 02:36 AM
X3's are beautiful don't listen to what anyone else says. We have the 3.0 and have had it for a couple years now. Have had absolutely no problems with it. It drives similar to a car so if your expecting super soft ride etc look elsewhere. The handling is very good, feel of the road, brakes everything feels like a car. I could not be happier with it. We also tow a boat with it and it has no troubles. Gas mileage is pretty good so long as you don't drive it like a regular 3 series ripping around.

We purchased for exact same reason we had X5 for a period of 2 months and my mom found it a hassle to park it in the underground parking at the hospital and found the X3 much easier and so we made the switch.

PS. We got ours from the states ( back when our dollar was only .93 US dollars.)

propr'one
11-28-2007, 04:37 AM
feels like a 3 series with REALLY SHITTY suspension.

but i hate trucks.

i also hate homosexual tawianeese hookers.

the x3 is somewhere in between.

S54
11-28-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm in a similar situation; test drove the x5,x3,Volvo and the Acura RDX. Sorry to say nothing in a crossover suv class beats the RDX in my opinion. Comparing to handling, acceleration, gas consumption, comfort and technology.

dtthiaga
11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't know I keep want to get something AWD..and BMW..
I like e46 or e90 but I think I should try SAV too.
I don't like X5 because it is too big for my purpose and I think gas mileage is really bad..
Maybe 2004 X3 ?
What do you think??
Is this because you spun out last winter, even though you had snowtires on? I think you need to improve your winter driving skills.

Buying an SUV, with all season tires is not going to help you. You should still get snow tires on them. Your only contact to the road is your tires.

Even if you get the X3, you'll have issues without running snow tires. This is the main reason you usually see SUV's in the ditch, or rolled over, or the main culprit for starting a chain reaction accident.

AWD with all-season tires is not that great, and people overdrive their vehicles with this false sense of security. SUV’s with such drivers are the first to get in trouble!!!!

AWD with Snowtires is good.

If you’re going to do this, be realistic about your expectations, and I think you need to improve your winter driving skills.

Acura RDX is a great truck!!!! :)

summit425
11-28-2007, 02:20 PM
1st. I spun out last winter with my performance tires on. I put winter after that incidence and never happened that again.

2nd. which one do you think is safer? AWD + snow tires or RWD + snow tires?
not only on snow but also any kinds of bad road condition?

3rd. My sister came to Canada and now I need to drive with my sister and gf.

So I need 4 door car regardless sedan or SUV.

There are my primary reasons.

Is this because you spun out last winter, even though you had snowtires on? I think you need to improve your winter driving skills.

Buying an SUV, with all season tires is not going to help you. You should still get snow tires on them. Your only contact to the road is your tires.

Even if you get the X3, you'll have issues without running snow tires. This is the main reason you usually see SUV's in the ditch, or rolled over, or the main culprit for starting a chain reaction accident.

AWD with all-season tires is not that great, and people overdrive their vehicles with this false sense of security. SUVís with such drivers are the first to get in trouble!!!!

AWD with Snowtires is good.

If youíre going to do this, be realistic about your expectations, and I think you need to improve your winter driving skills.

Acura RDX is a great truck!!!! :)

Mystikal
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
2nd. which one do you think is safer? AWD + snow tires or RWD + snow tires?
not only on snow but also any kinds of bad road condition?

RWD. You'll be going slower when you run out of talent and crash into me.

Jay

propr'one
11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
AWD is safer, but i dont wanna put people who dont know how to drive behind the wheels of big cars, my civic doesn't have crumple zones, and if i wanna drive my bmw again i gotta live through the winter.

you dont need AWD for winter driving. Its nice, but you definatly dont need it.

carjoe
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
A4 Quattro special edition?

Gamite
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I've driven my friends X3, and it handles a ton better than our X5. I'm still a bit iffy about the X3's styling and quality. The thing isn't built by BMW, but by Magna International.

I personally think you should be fine with RWD and winters. I've driven in winter with those for years, and never had a problem.

BigD
11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
you dont need AWD for winter driving. Its nice, but you definatly dont need it.

When you get stuck in a snowbank trying to bash your way out of a driveway that was blocked off by a snowplow, give me a call, and I'll read the above statement back to you.

bmwm5lover
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Look into late model Freelanders and perhaps used LR2's.

Mystikal
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I've driven my friends X3, and it handles a ton better than our X5. I'm still a bit iffy about the X3's styling and quality. The thing isn't built by BMW, but by Magna International.

Well then Magna is doing well for itself. The X3 is rated higher in reliability than the X5 (it gets the same ratings as the E46).

Jay

Oyster
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Look into late model Freelanders and perhaps used LR2's.

bias comment but true!

LR depreciate way more than a BMW so makes more sense to pick up a LR USED.

I had a 325xi with snow tires. It was amazing!

Now I have a 540i with new snow tires. It does the job too. Just adapt your driving style.

BimmerboyPH
11-28-2007, 08:59 PM
What about a 328xi touring? you get the best of everything then.

Gamite
11-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Well then Magna is doing well for itself. The X3 is rated higher in reliability than the X5 (it gets the same ratings as the E46).

Jay

I guess it's doing well compared to BMW's South Carolina plant.

JUS_CRZN
11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Buy a e46 for summer and a used CRV for winter. You could have the best of both worlds for close to the price of a X3.