PDA

View Full Version : E30 sunroof panel

Eurostyle
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Will be available next week; E30 replica sunroof, great for track application! Lighter and will never rust! High quality fiberglass construction. $150 plus shipping. Pics will be up soon!*wave*

T.Dot_E30
11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
does it remain functional?

Eurostyle
11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
does it remain functional?

No, but i'm sure it can be modified to be! I made an extra lip (about 2") all around, do it can be mounted, if you cut it off and make mounting points for the original tracks, it should be functional!

e30_kid89
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Fil if people were instrested, would you be able to create them to be functional for a different price? of course the price would be more but throw something out there i'm sure guys some would want their sunroofs to work as if they were stock while enjoying the lightweightness of the FG pannel.

T.Dot_E30
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
i'm sure guys some would want their sunroofs to work as if they were stock while enjoying the lightweightness of the FG pannel.

I don't care about the light weight, i was jus lookin for a rustfree solution.

e30_kid89
11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
^^Hahahha I honestly really wanted to say that but I instead wanted to be cool and fuh raze.:( I fail.*thmbsdwn*

craz azn
11-21-2007, 11:51 PM
One of the problems is making a lip that can accommodate the sunroof seal. The fiberglass cant go that thin, or it will break the gel coat. We've tryed to look into it, but it was more of a hassle/not very cost effective to do so. We have a mold as well for the sunroof panel... I sold some for the same price actually on this board lol. Again, more of a racing application than anything.

Eurostyle
11-23-2007, 12:32 AM
One of the problems is making a lip that can accommodate the sunroof seal. The fiberglass cant go that thin, or it will break the gel coat. We've tryed to look into it, but it was more of a hassle/not very cost effective to do so. We have a mold as well for the sunroof panel... I sold some for the same price actually on this board lol. Again, more of a racing application than anything.

^^^Yes, this is the main reason i'm not doing it! And its good to know i'm in the right price range! :D