PDA

View Full Version : McGuinty and cell phones while driving!

enfield
11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/11/15/cellphone-ban.html

He is sooo bloody concerned with our safety on the roads but thinks it's cool to text someone on the 401 at 100kph.

IDIOT!

dtthiaga
11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
He never said Text! He said talking and driving.

This is questionable as well, because talking on the cell phone, is not a whole lot different from having a intense conversation with passengers in the car.

Same distractions. Some can do it safely, some cannot.

Axxe
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
He never said Text! He said talking and driving.

This is questionable as well, because talking on the cell phone, is not a whole lot different from having a intense conversation with passengers in the car.

Same distractions. Some can do it safely, some cannot.

It's completely different. Most passengers realize when there is a dangerous situation and warn the driver or shut up.

Anyone texting and driving should get careless driving. I was driving behind a chick on the 401 through milton, she was driving in the left lane at 120, holding up traffic, texting someone, and swerving accross the whole lane, onto the shoulder, and into the other lane. Repeatedly.

dtthiaga
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
It's completely different. Most passengers realize when there is a dangerous situation and warn the driver or shut up.

Anyone texting and driving should get careless driving. I was driving behind a chick on the 401 through milton, she was driving in the left lane at 120, holding up traffic, texting someone, and swerving accross the whole lane, onto the shoulder, and into the other lane. Repeatedly.

Not all passengers realize the situation and warn the driver. Even if they do, it's often too late. A driver can easily be distracted having a conversation with passengers, as they do talking on their cell phone.

However, the article specifically mentions talking on the cell phone. There is no extrapolation of facts to indicate that texting is the issue or promoted. It specifically talks about not banning talking on your cell phone.

Texting is dangerous while you are driving, because you have to take your eyes off the road far too often, even with the T9word completion. Talking on the cell phone, some can do it, some canít.

Axxe
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I never found talking on a cell phone distracting to me while driving, I just carry on as usual.

enfield
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Just looking at the screen is dangerous at highway speeds - let alone looking up a number.

I have bluetooth in the car and I find that to be distracting. I am not even holding onto the phone and using steering controls & I still get distracted.

Cell phones are dangerous to use while driving. They should be banned and using one while driving should be equated to dangerous driving.

Just like some people say speed is dangerous - I have driven safely in Germany. If speed is going to be limited - I say limit cell phone use too. SAFETY FIRST!!

McGuinty is a hypocrit.

Gamite
11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I also agree that cell phones should not be used while driving. Headsets should be manditory if you must talk while driving.

Some of you don't realize that having one hand off the wheel holding a phone next to year ear can seriously impear your driving reactions.

Maybe some of use are better at handling multiple tasks, but there are a lot out there that aren't. And it's not always you that can control the outcome of a potential accident. I see tonnes of people on the road with their face plastered to a cell phone while driving, and their driving is just horrid.

Furious
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
next they will say no coffee or beverage drinking while driving.

e30_kid89
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Shoulda Superman'd That Hoe.:D

I see those people on the streets and highways all the time. When anybody is drving so retarded and i get around them to see who or wtf is driving like a moron 8 times out of 10 he/she is on their phone!

BimmerboyPH
11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
What a douchebag! He wouldn't know where to draw the line? Well apprently he knew where to draw the line with the suposed speeding issue, but when it comes to a real danger like stupid distracted motorists doing everything but driving he becomes a typical weak as water politician! What a fag!