PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket convicted wtf..

summit425
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I got a speeding ticket 8/31/07 and I went to the centre to get the court date. They told me that it will take approx. 3 - 6 months just to get the court date.

Today I went to Statefarm to get a new insurance because they offered me such a low monthly premium.

I went there and the agent told me that they found a speeding ticket that is convicted already.

I was like wtf..??? convicted date was 10/16/07..

I didn't even get the court date and now I am convicted??

what the hack is this?? does anyone know about this?:mad:

MTO is going crazy.. last time they sent me 2 driver's license because I changed my address and I opend both because 2 of them were under my name..

1 is mine.. Another one was like a girl live in Petrolia

Both envelops were under my name but 2 different licenses!!!

INFAMOU$
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
you got screwed.. hope you have a copy of the form you filled out for your court date..

T.Dot_E30
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
take your ticket when the stamp on them and show it to the court office, they will re-open the case.

Boots R
11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
When I booked a court date, they told me they would mail me a date and it should come within a month. The court date would be about 4 to 6 months down the road. I didn't trust them, so I called 2 weeks later and verbally got the court date and courtroom number. To this day I haven't seen a court date in the mail, and that was over 2 years ago.

propr'one
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Can i have that girl's drivers licence (please?)

Meegis
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Can i have that girl's drivers licence (please?)

I cant even make fun of you on this one... it's just a perfect quote as it is.

myndgone
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I cant even make fun of you on this one... it's just a perfect quote as it is.

he needs it for when he drives his civic...:D

summit425
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
alright long story short, I went to Civil Center (2700 eglington) today and confirmed that I missed my court date. (I didn't get the court date)

I explained the situation and they re-opened my case. My next court date will be in August 2008.

I know I have to wait long but I might have to extend the court date once more since I will be out of the country during summer.

I got to see a procedutor and she offered me (21 -> 15km with no point $45) but I didn't take it since point isn't my concern but insurance.

Good thing is now I can get the better quote for insurance because officially I am not convicted!!

I worried so much because I lost my stamped speeding ticket but luckly they had it!!

Boots R
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Good to hear bro.

Arash
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Good thing is now I can get the better quote for insurance because officially I am not convicted!!

won't they still be able to see it tho? since they have a separate database than the mto, so I think its there to stay?

summit425
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
maybe but officer told me that my info will be updated within 3 days.

Until Judge announce conviction to me I am not convicted. I also have a print of court date so I can argue with this. This document proves me that I am not convicted.

Few more info. if you go York Civic Center parking lot, you will see 3-4 ticket figher cars are there. I asked them whether they can just eliminate my speeding ticket.

They asked me to pay $1100 and they will do it. Well I don't think it is worth it because 1 speeding ticket will increase your insurance premium by $500/year.

They charge $200 for no point, reduced fine ect. This is also waste of money because by simply speak with procecutor they will eliminate your point (most likely 3 points) and reduce fine.

If you got a speeding ticket I advise you to go there on your own if you have time. Seriously I stayed there for more than 3 hours to get the court date.