PDA

View Full Version : Choice of rims....

GR8 Ride
02-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Okay guys, I'm going to ask your opinion here.

I'm debating between keeping my existing 17" rims, or getting a new set I've *stumbled* onto.

The new ones I'm looking at are ROH Adrenalin. I've attached a picture.

The car isn't really street driven, and these rims will be used for wet tires (currently AO32Rs but will likely be T1-Ss), and very rare street use.

I'm running BBS RK's (multiple sets) for track / race tires (Hoosiers and RA1s for schools).

The alternative is keeping my existing tire, of which I'll post pictures below.

Suggestions?

GR8 Ride
02-09-2002, 08:58 PM
Here is a pic of the *other* rims I'm debating on.

ROH Circ.

Both sets are 17x8, so that's of no issue.

Pat

GR8 Ride
02-09-2002, 09:00 PM
One final pic.

This is of the CIRC 17" wheels on my car, with the BMW Center cap installed.

braindamage
02-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Bad-Karma, off-topic. The body kit you have. ACS?

GR8 Ride
02-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Yup. The exhaust is as well, though I'm looking to unload that also sometime soon.

Pat

braindamage
02-09-2002, 09:23 PM
I love white E36 but black is not bad either. I was thinking of getting their front bumper. Where did you buy it and for how much ? PM me if you don't want to post it.

GR8 Ride
02-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Rob,

I like the Kinesis wheels as well, though my understanding is that they are fairly pricey in that regard.

Since it's a track car, I'm not looking to drop $$$ on the wheels. I've already spent big $$$ on two full sets of BBS RKs for the track, so I don't feel like dropping $3000 just in wheels.

Besides, I need to run 17x8, so I'm staying away from 17x7.5 or smaller.

The brakes haven't been done yet, but the will be either this summer or at the latest this winter. When those get done, 17x8 will be the minimum I'll be able to run. (AP Racing 13.0 inch).

Pat

Bliss
02-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Bad-Karma, i like the rims you have on right now. The spokes on the other rims look a little too scattered for my taste. Really sweet looking ride you got there. We finally got to see it...I'm not one to talk since i didnt take any decent pics of my car yet.:D

GR8 Ride
02-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the more I look at them, the more I like them. It's funny, because when I first picked them up, I wasn't sure if I liked them or not.

Now I'm finding that I quite like the look after all....

Ah heck, who knows? I can't seem to make up my mind....

Pat

AzN_E46
02-10-2002, 12:19 PM
personally, i like the ROH Adrenaline, but the ones you currently have look nice on your car. Don't listen to me if you don't want to spend extra $$$$

EMPOWERD
02-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Pat,

Nice car!... finally get to see a pic of it. Are those original RD skirts, or a fiberglass knock off? The wheels you have on certainly look a lot better on the car than that pic you posted. I personally like the adrenalin's better (harder to keep clean?) for street use. It's really up to you.

P.S. What kind of times are you posting around Mosport? I've managed to get down to a 1.43.00s on my track tires.

GR8 Ride
02-10-2002, 12:51 PM
The body kit is AC Schnitzer, not RD. It was on the car when I bought it, so I've kept it around.

I'm down to 1:45s at Mosport, but that was without my cage and Gruppe N suspension. Hopefully I can get it down another second or two. Without the 3.2L, I'm struggling on the back straight, as I'm running 190 max into 8 (of which I'm keeping 160 through 8, so I catch quite a few people in 8,9 and 10).

Like I said, I don't mind the wheels I've got currently; I just bought them off a guy in the club to use as wet tires. I stopped by Tiremag the other day, and noticed the damn Adrenalin's, and loved them.

Two things concern me about them though. One, the spokes stick out a very little bit from the rim, so I'm a little fearful of curb rash on them. The second is cleaning them. The 5-spoke Circ's I have on there are easy to clean; lots of space between them.

Especially in the summer, when I pretty much just leave PF97's on the whole time. Rims tend to get awfully dirty with those pads on....

I do have a couple of paint scratches on the existing wheels that I need to have fixed. Can anybody recommend a decent place to get it done? And a rough idea of cost?

Pat

braindamage
02-10-2002, 01:36 PM
I guess you are keeping those rims?