PDA

View Full Version : Premium sound rear wiring e30

SamE30e
11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Does anybody know a easier way to wire the rear speakers other than running new wires, with a aftermarket head unit on a e30 with premium sound system.
I already ran new wires to the front but I want to use existing wires if possible for the back.

FuryriderX
11-10-2007, 01:44 AM
with a premium sound system, all the stereo wires are run through the little amp at the back. there's a DIY on how to splice around it, but id suggest just take the time, do it right, and run better wires. the stock ones are tiny.

SamE30e
11-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea, I just didn't want to have to run wire while ripping my car apart. I tried to splice it myself using diagrams but apparently I have the wrong diagrams. Oh well I'll run wires.

e30_kid89
11-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Yup like fury said run new wires - I was pissed and didnt wanna do it but I just gave in and spread the work out across a weekend and now its mint! The sound is crisp and clear.

Axxe
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Run RCA and remote turn on line as well, if you plan on doing amp and/or subs in the future.

FuryriderX
11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Run RCA and remote turn on line as well, if you plan on doing amp and/or subs in the future.

EXCELLENT idea, as its not exceedingly easy to pry up the sill plates to run the wires to the back. Do everything at once.

SamE30e
11-13-2007, 12:50 AM

I did it before you even said it, well I ran the RCA not the remote, but it will take literally 5 minutes to run it. I ran all the wires down the rockers and up the back seat. Good times, sounds good with the stock speakers they have enough bass for me for now and the HU I got the free is pretty good also. Has 2 pre-outs, CD changer in, 2 AUX in's and a sub-woofer out.

Overall i'm satisfied I got a new stereo for 24$ (wiring, heat shrink connectors)