PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Two 4 One Deal

Spoose
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
I am just throwing this out there, have not decided exactly what I want to do. Do not ask me to part out since I will not.

1994 318is - Silver/Black w/ 250kms on the odo - original body panels with minor surface rust developing from sitting outside over the winter. Drive fine and solid. Needs some TLC.

1997 M3 - Silver/Dove w/ I'm told about 100kms, but odo show 89miles, but the cluster has been replaced - front drivers side looks like it was hit and fixed. It has a irrepairable brand but runs and drives fine. Needs some TLC.

I was thinking of doing the swap from the M3 to the 318, changing everything but some people have told me that I may be in over my head. I am not very mechanically inclined and would need someone to do most of the work for me. Also, got into a little trouble the other night and may need some extra cash for some repairs to my daily driver, hoping it won't be too expensive but might turn out to be.

Looking for $12k for both cars - build the 318 into an M3 then sell off everything else and get some of the money back should be able to get about $3-4k back from selling off the stuff you don't need after.

For those who have an opinion let's hear it, good or bad since it is very simple for me to ignore anything negative.

INFAMOU$
11-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Lots of work to end up with a 318 Cloned M3... for 12k you could buy a real M3 and be done with no work in the end.. If i were you I would Part the M3 and clean up your 318 and sell it.. Obviously you see all the work involved and that is why you're trying to unload both for a good dollar.. Just my opinion!.. Sounds like that M3 would make a sweet track car tho!! Good luck.

craz azn
11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Lots of work to end up with a 318 Cloned M3... for 12k you could buy a real M3 and be done with no work in the end.. If i were you I would Part the M3 and clean up your 318 and sell it.. Obviously you see all the work involved and that is why you're trying to unload both for a good dollar.. Just my opinion!.. Sounds like that M3 would make a sweet track car tho!! Good luck.

+1 except I wouldn't want a previously bent track car as my ride. Could cause handling/strength issues in the future.