PDA

View Full Version : Replacing thermostat and housing.

Schwarz_325i
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a great problem as for now. I took off recently my thermostat and while taking out the thermostat cover, one of the bolts broke and stayed stuck into the housing of the thermostat. Now, I tried to take this housing off but, I saw that when I'm trying to get it off, its stays stuck because of the fuel rail. It's in the way and I can't take it off.

So, first of all, do I need to take out the fuel rail completely to take out the housing? If so, poor me, it seems to be one hell of a job. :mad:

Secondly, is there a way to get the broken bolt out?

Plus, I was wondering if there is a PDF version of the Bentley guide for a 1991 325i on the Internet. If one knows, will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....*th-up*

Schwarz_325i
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Now, I need to take out the whole housing. We need to take out the intake manifold and fuel rail/injectors for that? This must be a joke....

No clue?

FuryriderX
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
why do you need to take out the housing completely? only the cover has to come off to replace the thermostat.

did the bolt snap off flush with the hole? if it did, you can use a bolt extractor on it. if you still got some of the bolt sticking out, then try and put 2 nuts on it, snugged tight against each other, and get it out that way.

Schwarz_325i
11-10-2007, 01:25 PM
The bolt is out. I've putted all back together and when I filled the coolant tank with coolant, there was a leak under the housing. I saw that the thermostat housing lost a small part when I've put all back together. This bolt gave me a lot of trouble and now, I need to changer the housing as well, but I saw that the fuel rail is interfering when you're trying to take it out. It seems to be a nonsense to take out the intake manifold, fuel rail and maybe more just to take out the housing.

I wish there is a simplest way to do it.... :mad: