PDA

View Full Version : Fender Bender

JNSchnitzer
11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey, a friend of mine just got into a fender bender with his e39. Can anyone point me to a good paint shop (or at least a thread with good info)?

Also, I was suggesting that he get an M-Tech kit since he has to pay money anyways. Suggestions or thoughts on where I can pick one up? Is it worth it?

My initial assessment is that he needs a new hood and a bumper re-paint.

Oh, btw there wouldn't have been any damage had he hit another car instead of a minivan. This just fuels my hatred towards minivans and SUVs :)

THanks *th-up*

Oyster
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
i brought my e39 to autopia

JNSchnitzer
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
^^ Thanks, is there a website?

BigBoss13666
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
awesome car

EUROVISION
11-13-2007, 03:23 AM
MAACO isn't as bad as most people make it out to be...and they have excellent prices

mpower1226
11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
yup, contact me@autopia

my number is 416-893-3174

propr'one
11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
MAACO isn't as bad as most people make it out to be...and they have excellent prices

lol.

you're actually not wrong, their paint application is decent. But their prep work is, well, who are we kidding, they have no prep work.

icu
11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
After talking with many members there seems to be only a few quality shops here in Toronto . My car was hit a few weeks ago and after taking the car to 3 shops for estimates my choice was European Autobody, whilst not the cheapest place of the three it was not the most expensive, keeping in mind the work I'm having done is extensive and I am a picky sob ,this job has to be done properly. Just a word for anyone ,stay away from Bodylines if I called them clowns it would be to kind.

Dr. Flyview
11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
After talking with many members there seems to be only a few quality shops here in Toronto . My car was hit a few weeks ago and after taking the car to 3 shops for estimates my choice was European Autobody, whilst not the cheapest place of the three it was not the most expensive, keeping in mind the work I'm having done is extensive and I am a picky sob ,this job has to be done properly. Just a word for anyone ,stay away from Bodylines if I called them clowns it would be to kind.

Thanks for the tip about bodylines! It was actually recommended in a different thread.

propr'one
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
lol. that shop is so stupid. They completed disconnected his lowbeam HID's, and then cut the wires to the HID foglight bulbs to "test" them.

that's like seeing if a car runs well by running it into a tree.

icu
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah I still cant get over that day I picked my ride up and found she had no lights working , all that nice work that Dave and Ivan had done gone, I asked the owner what did you guys do? he we didn't touch a thing , wait you had to have pulled four wires from the hids to re and re the bumper didn't you? well I suppose thats true we must have, well then get my ride back in the shop and put things back the way they were, at that point he said that he did not have the time to fool around trying to figure out what was wrong and that he did not want to work on modified cars like mine that they are a pain in the ass, he told his body man to walk away and told me to see Mike at Munich mtrs for further help. Needless to say I was pissed , called Mike he said they ****ed it up so tell them to fix it! Nice real ****in nice.Talked with Ivan he put things right for me so at least I could drive home, a week later back at Ivan's we discovered that not only did they disconnect all the hids but put them in backwords cut the wires in the fog lamp bezel poss to see what or why they were not getting power to them and then broke the right side hid bulb.All this just to paint and install an M3 bumper. In retrospect I should have listen to myself and taken it to a proper shop.Never been a fan of damaging threads but **** with my ride and oh my the power of the INTERNET.

shimajer
11-14-2007, 12:52 AM

You use maaco? LMAO .

Dr. Flyview
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah I still cant get over that day I picked my ride up and found she had no lights working , all that nice work that Dave and Ivan had done gone, I asked the owner what did you guys do? he we didn't touch a thing , wait you had to have pulled four wires from the hids to re and re the bumper didn't you? well I suppose thats true we must have, well then get my ride back in the shop and put things back the way they were, at that point he said that he did not have the time to fool around trying to figure out what was wrong and that he did not want to work on modified cars like mine that they are a pain in the ass, he told his body man to walk away and told me to see Mike at Munich mtrs for further help. Needless to say I was pissed , called Mike he said they ****ed it up so tell them to fix it! Nice real ****in nice.Talked with Ivan he put things right for me so at least I could drive home, a week later back at Ivan's we discovered that not only did they disconnect all the hids but put them in backwords cut the wires in the fog lamp bezel poss to see what or why they were not getting power to them and then broke the right side hid bulb.All this just to paint and install an M3 bumper. In retrospect I should have listen to myself and taken it to a proper shop.Never been a fan of damaging threads but **** with my ride and oh my the power of the INTERNET.

I also think he quoted me quite a lot. $300 to touch up little spots so rust doesn't spread (not redo the whole panel), and fix some rust under trunk that's starting.

mpower1226
11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, this is why you should always reserch where to take the car to.